The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Hes working with him on his next project. There have been a few producers who have done work on the trilogy with him.
Also The Weeknd did his original producer dirty . . . look up Jeremy Rose/Zodiac . . .

http://www.vice.com/read/how-the-producer-of-the-weeknds-breakout-tracks-got-majorly-screwed

http://www.spinner.com/2012/03/23/the-weeknd-producer-no-credit/

Peep the original version of "The Morning"

Nevertheless, looking forward to just music . . . but don't be so quick to dismiss this as Drake being sensitive . . .
Was talking bout this, never knew the whole story.

sick.gif
Gawd Jeremy saved this crap.

Some real stans in here. :lol:

I don't knw whats true but if you are going to go in a different direction and you can't look a man in the face and tell him. Extra weak, :smh:

Damn, that original Morning is trash :lol:

I couldnt care less about these dudes beefing.. Just hope they find a way to still make music together... All the tracks were fire :[

I wouldn't brag about producing The Morning's original version. In fact, I'd rather no one ever found out.

I don't know much about bruh but the Weeknd sounds like a real piece of work. Why y'all calling him Abel and Drake Aubrey? I think that is reallllly weird that multiple people in here calling them by their first name like they friends or something.

I've been calling Drake Aubrey since the twitter trend #DrakeCriesWhen came about and dudes said "#DrakeCriesWhen he remembers his name is still Aubrey". Always found it comical.

Last edited:
I don't know much about bruh but the Weeknd sounds like a real piece of work. Why y'all calling him Abel and Drake Aubrey? I think that is reallllly weird that multiple people in here calling them by their first name like they friends or something.
Calling dudes by their names is weird? Calling dudes by their stage names is weirder to me, like they're pro wrestlers or something but you can keep thinking we're weird lol. Not going to lose sleep over that

Calling dudes by their names is weird? Calling dudes by their stage names is weirder to me, like they're pro wrestlers or something but you can keep thinking we're weird lol. Not going to lose sleep over that

Well...when artists use stage names it's to present themselves as an artist to the public. their musical career is attached to their stage name, where as their real name is generally used by people who know them personally. so when you find yourself calling a singer you don't know by his real name as opposed to the stage name he adopted for the sole purpose of being called that by fans...yes it is weird. and since you brought up pro wrestlers...they are entertainers as well. so it actually is a lot like that.

Its called a reference track. He wrote it and created the morning demo for the weeknd.

Hell he created the whole vibe of "the weeknd"

Abel pre jeremy is the noise

Abel post jeremy is the weeknd

end of the day as a fan it doesnt matter but dont blindly choose sides just cause youre a fan

Well...when artists use stage names it's to present themselves as an artist to the public. their musical career is attached to their stage name, where as their real name is generally used by people who know them personally. so when you find yourself calling a singer you don't know by his real name as opposed to the stage name he adopted for the sole purpose of being called that by fans...yes it is weird. and since you brought up pro wrestlers...they are entertainers as well. so it actually is a lot like that.

Niceeeee !! :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Yeah because he never introduced himself to you as Aubrey or Abel personally, yes it's extremely weird. That's like you calling me by my first name on these forums and all you have seen is fishm3at.
Exactly, how many of y'all call Frank Ocean, Jay-Z, prince, lupe fiasco, the dream etc by their first names?
+1 +1

Clarification: jay z, frank ocean etc all sound like real names. Drake is a real name but i sometimes will call him aubrey cuz its a funny name to me.

Theres no difference in referencing an artist by their name than when we talk pro athletes. Not a big deal but if people think its weird, again more power to you

Clarification: jay z, frank ocean etc all sound like real names. Drake is a real name but i sometimes will call him aubrey cuz its a funny name to me.

Theres no difference in referencing an artist by their name than when we talk pro athletes. Not a big deal but if people think its weird, again more power to you
No one made it a big deal and no one is asking for power. I said it was weird and there is a difference but have a good one.

Well, when someone calls someone weird or someone's opinion weird, they're putting themselves in a position to decide what's not normal and what's weird. I forget who brought it up initially, but I was talking to that person, not you two who apparently aren't looking for power. *Tips cap* 

Last edited:
I am fiending for some new music....i have listened to "one of those nights" probably 40 times already. Over the weekend it was in the pregame rotation about every 5th song.

"Just cause she loves me
Don't mean she understands
I don't give a damn
I'll make her **** the band"

:pimp: :pimp:

I am fiending for some new music....i have listened to "one of those nights" probably 40 times already. Over the weekend it was in the pregame rotation about every 5th song.

"Just cause she loves me
Don't mean she understands
I don't give a damn
I'll make her **** the band"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
word

I played it at least 100 times so far, no exaggeration. Probably over 200.

Back
Top Bottom