Thee Official LeBron James = Scottie Pippen and Dywane Wade = Michael Jordan for the 2011 Finals

2ms32j8.jpg

This thread is gold.  Both Lebron lovers and Kobe lovers are getting put in their place at the same time.................i love it!!

This thread is gold.  Both Lebron lovers and Kobe lovers are getting put in their place at the same time.................i love it!!

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Lettuce say this Heat team wins 7 rings (just an IF) will most view those rings as legit?
Of corse? What kind of idiot wouldn't? It's a team accomplishment and if they win, that means they have the best team. What's difficult to understand about this?
Is there a single person in the world who thinks the 1980's Lakers 5 championships aren't legit? The Heat have the 2 best players in the league. So what? Big deal. The 1980's Lakers had 2 of the top 5 greatest players of all time. 

The only time people try to bring up these "legitimacy" argument is when they try to discredit another player's legacy because they want to believe that their favorite player is better. The Shaq/Kobe argument is the perfect example. Kobe has 5 rings and absolutely deserves every single one of them. Was Shaq the more valuable for those first 3? Yes. So what? Who cares? You know what makes you great in a TEAM sport? Playing your part. Doing what your team needs to be successful.

The only time people try to get into it is when they try to compare him to MJ. Is Kobe as good as MJ? No. It has nothing to do with rings. If he doesn't win another ring, that isn't what makes him not as good as MJ. It's not because he has 1 less championship. Kobe could win 3 more championships and retire with 8. He's still not as good as MJ. LeBron and Wade could win 8 straight championships. Still, neither one of them are as good as MJ. It's possible LeBron could be in the conversation, but not likely. It's like a 5% chance.

Real ishhh. But the hate for lebron is so strong he is in a lose/lose position no matter what his career ends up as. Its funny how ppl say no one could ever be as good/better then mj. But before mj was there not a great/greatest player. Im pretty sure mj just didnt step from unc and was said hey this is going to be the best player ever. So if jordan ousted the top dogs, why cant it be done again? Its not like bball will just all of a sudden end anytime soon. And i concur about the whole jordan is better because of rings. He is the best simply because he is. Granted the rings look nice and all. But even if he had the same fate as the suns,jazz,sonics etc from a talent skillset aspect he is the greatest player that i have ever seen. Winning rings etc doesnt deter from your individual talent/skill set. Malone was said to be the greatest pf of all time,until duncan. He never won jack. Duncan didnt beat him out because of his rings, he beat him out because he was the better player. Like nash, if he never wins a ring he is arguably one of the best pgs the game has seen. He certainly the best shooting one. Iverson is possibly the best lil man scorer the game has seen, regardless of his 0 status in the ring department.

Its funny that for whatever reason if the heat win they are discredited for having wade/lbj but like the previous poster said, those dynasty teams had some of the best players top 5-10 players EVER to play the game in their primes, for years to develop into a cohesive unit. Those teams had a better legit shot then this team ever does.

You can tell who are just blind haters, and never played bball, well legit actually was good etc.. You can just say hey lets throw a bunch of good players on a team, let them run wild and then viola they are going to be the best. Being a champion is more then just stockpiling a team, and let them go at it. If it was that easy hell why would their be management, coaches, etc? This aint like the dream team, and even they had coaching. They arent playing inferior 3rd world less skilled/talented etc teams night in and night out.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Lettuce say this Heat team wins 7 rings (just an IF) will most view those rings as legit?
Of corse? What kind of idiot wouldn't? It's a team accomplishment and if they win, that means they have the best team. What's difficult to understand about this?
Is there a single person in the world who thinks the 1980's Lakers 5 championships aren't legit? The Heat have the 2 best players in the league. So what? Big deal. The 1980's Lakers had 2 of the top 5 greatest players of all time. 

The only time people try to bring up these "legitimacy" argument is when they try to discredit another player's legacy because they want to believe that their favorite player is better. The Shaq/Kobe argument is the perfect example. Kobe has 5 rings and absolutely deserves every single one of them. Was Shaq the more valuable for those first 3? Yes. So what? Who cares? You know what makes you great in a TEAM sport? Playing your part. Doing what your team needs to be successful.

The only time people try to get into it is when they try to compare him to MJ. Is Kobe as good as MJ? No. It has nothing to do with rings. If he doesn't win another ring, that isn't what makes him not as good as MJ. It's not because he has 1 less championship. Kobe could win 3 more championships and retire with 8. He's still not as good as MJ. LeBron and Wade could win 8 straight championships. Still, neither one of them are as good as MJ. It's possible LeBron could be in the conversation, but not likely. It's like a 5% chance.

Real ishhh. But the hate for lebron is so strong he is in a lose/lose position no matter what his career ends up as. Its funny how ppl say no one could ever be as good/better then mj. But before mj was there not a great/greatest player. Im pretty sure mj just didnt step from unc and was said hey this is going to be the best player ever. So if jordan ousted the top dogs, why cant it be done again? Its not like bball will just all of a sudden end anytime soon. And i concur about the whole jordan is better because of rings. He is the best simply because he is. Granted the rings look nice and all. But even if he had the same fate as the suns,jazz,sonics etc from a talent skillset aspect he is the greatest player that i have ever seen. Winning rings etc doesnt deter from your individual talent/skill set. Malone was said to be the greatest pf of all time,until duncan. He never won jack. Duncan didnt beat him out because of his rings, he beat him out because he was the better player. Like nash, if he never wins a ring he is arguably one of the best pgs the game has seen. He certainly the best shooting one. Iverson is possibly the best lil man scorer the game has seen, regardless of his 0 status in the ring department.

Its funny that for whatever reason if the heat win they are discredited for having wade/lbj but like the previous poster said, those dynasty teams had some of the best players top 5-10 players EVER to play the game in their primes, for years to develop into a cohesive unit. Those teams had a better legit shot then this team ever does.

You can tell who are just blind haters, and never played bball, well legit actually was good etc.. You can just say hey lets throw a bunch of good players on a team, let them run wild and then viola they are going to be the best. Being a champion is more then just stockpiling a team, and let them go at it. If it was that easy hell why would their be management, coaches, etc? This aint like the dream team, and even they had coaching. They arent playing inferior 3rd world less skilled/talented etc teams night in and night out.

king without having the crown.

tattoing yourself the chosen one.

yeah pretty much why he deserves all of this.

king without having the crown.

tattoing yourself the chosen one.

yeah pretty much why he deserves all of this.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by doyung9

Honestly, a guy like Derrick Rose has a better chance to make a run at Mike. Let him win 4-5 chips with that squad of role players he has now and I'd throw him in the discussion.  
laugh.gif
 Wow.
laugh.gif
Derrick Rose does not have a better chance than Lebron. 

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by doyung9

Honestly, a guy like Derrick Rose has a better chance to make a run at Mike. Let him win 4-5 chips with that squad of role players he has now and I'd throw him in the discussion.  
laugh.gif
 Wow.
laugh.gif
Derrick Rose does not have a better chance than Lebron. 

Originally Posted by scoop99

Originally Posted by djuzi05

2ms32j8.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Especially with Melo scoring more than 2 points in the 4th quarter.

while that is true about melo, no denying hed give up twice as many as he scores on the defensive end, especially if he had to guard the likes of a derrick rose or a terry. Dudes would have career highs, highlight reels for days.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

2ms32j8.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

while that is true about melo, no denying hed give up twice as many as he scores on the defensive end, especially if he had to guard the likes of a derrick rose or a terry. Dudes would have career highs, highlight reels for days.

LDJ wrote:
scoop99 wrote:
djuzi05 wrote:
2ms32j8.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

True. But, I found the cartoon halirous, I just had to comment. Melo does not play defense to save his life. At least Lebron is all over the place playing defense and doing an excellent job overall. Playing defense on a high level takes away from your offense especially in the finals when you are under pressure/stress.

LDJ wrote:
scoop99 wrote:
djuzi05 wrote:
2ms32j8.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

True. But, I found the cartoon halirous, I just had to comment. Melo does not play defense to save his life. At least Lebron is all over the place playing defense and doing an excellent job overall. Playing defense on a high level takes away from your offense especially in the finals when you are under pressure/stress.

LDJ wrote:
scoop99 wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It would be a hilarious/funny finals if it was the mavs/knicks. Melo getting 25+ 30 $%@ every night, while making jj/jet,marion look like showtime lakers. Marion would be out there looking like durant ah sometthing out there, and dirk wow he already is looking great, but amare/jeffries gaurding him
roll.gif
. But it would possibly the most offensive finals when probably would have seen.

LDJ wrote:
scoop99 wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It would be a hilarious/funny finals if it was the mavs/knicks. Melo getting 25+ 30 $%@ every night, while making jj/jet,marion look like showtime lakers. Marion would be out there looking like durant ah sometthing out there, and dirk wow he already is looking great, but amare/jeffries gaurding him
roll.gif
. But it would possibly the most offensive finals when probably would have seen.

LDJ wrote:
scoop99 wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

if thats the case then why is wade not struggling on offense when his defense is > then LBJ

LDJ wrote:
scoop99 wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

if thats the case then why is wade not struggling on offense when his defense is > then LBJ

Back
Top Bottom