THERE WILL BE NO MORE PACKS AFTER 08!!!! PLS READ!!

"When he scored 55 on the Knicks on a certain date that Retro X will be released."

CHI X's anyone?

Originally Posted by MaZeDOwNeR

Originally Posted by tdog91184

Originally Posted by MaZeDOwNeR

A couple things with this thread.

Number 1, there is a difference between "PACK" and "PACKAGE" the DTRT 1s are a PACK not a PACKAGE, meaning, they won't be sold in one box they are part of a pack a.k.a series of sneakers inspired by DTRT.

Second, Gentry is no longer making decisions on what gets released here in the US. He heads up international now.

Third, this info is contrary to what Jordan Brand has sold to retail accounts up to this point. I doubt this info was changed seemingly overnight, if it has, it has, I am unaware.

MaZe

I already have the V Package on order,
laugh.gif

Exactly.

This was posted on KATC earlier. Accounts already ordered the V package. So you are telling me that they pulled that package overnight after selling it through to retail and getting good reception on it?

Not buying it.

MaZe

Thank you

I don't believe it, not u but JB, last year I read from this site about jb not releasing single jordans only packs, then we seen the olmpic 6's &bred 1's...So i still think we will see a couple more packs next year...

Originally Posted by PAPD01

Whats up fellow NTers been a minute since Ive been on. Just an FYI for all debating on what is going to happen for 09 regarding retro s. This is straight from the Brand Jordan account executives mouth in NY. "Going forward for 2009 the double pack program will be no longer. Brand Jordan will be looking ahead and trying a new concept similar to the Defining moments in Jordans career and will release a specific retro model shoe dating back to a specific date where MJ performed a certain career highlight. i.e. 69pts against the Cleveland cavaliers. The Retro 5 will be released on that calendar date. When he scored 55 on the Knicks on a certain date that Retro X will be released." Brand Jordan is going to use some of the rare mentioned moments in his career instead of the already used "over exhausted " models that have been retroed numerous times. i.e XIs. Some of his All-star models may be in there as well. They are trying to get back to that exclusive collector rarity mentality that has been lost. They feel the retro line has been to cut and dry as of late. Hope this sheds some light on where we are going for retros in the near future.
pimp.gif

bulls colorway?! well see..

Originally Posted by GreatestGoliath

Wow Listen people take the Word Of MaZe on this.. If this is true then this would be one of the biggest overnight swerves JB has Pulled in a while. Also Gentry isn't in Charge of US operations anymore, so He couldn't have made this decision for a sudden change like this............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............ what an interesting rumor this has turned out to be.... But This Rumor is NOT TRUE, You that Here FIRST. Confirm That. Rumor Dead.

So we have tdog91184, GreatestGoliath, and Maze -- basically big dogs in the JB forum -- shutting down this rumor. Can we kill this thread already....geez.

This sounds promising, because I lost much interest in Jordans anymore. Hopefully they will go back to 1999-2001 quality. Give us some "Nike Air"also.

Gentry is no longer holding the position that would give him the authority to do so. As a matter of fact, Josiah is the person everybody should mention whenthey are calling out Gentry. Anyways, the new guy(some may now him, some may not) is responsible for alot of good things, he even left Nike to work on theBBC/Ice Cream line with Pharrell. But he is back and as soon as they can find a significant reason to do so, we will see the BORDEAUX VIIs!!!!

Know what's really stupid?

The most obvious reasons is the idea of "packages"...

I don't think we have even SEEN the beginning of these packs, packages, milestones or inspirations concept brew to it's boiling point yet !

We have only been "tested" to how our consumption levels will react when:

1) Legendary pack- UNC, Chicago and Wizards XX3
2) Defining Moments Package
3) Collezione Countdown Package
4) Old Love New Love Beginning Moments Package
5) Hares I pack
6) XX3 Premier and Premiers-Finale soon-to-be
7) Flightclub online exclusives

And anything else I missed that you want to include on that list.

If they know that they can get away with these packages/packs by reaping projected sales within the first day to few weeks, because the market has alreadyproven that the consumption level is there, then Jordan's will only come in "inspiration packages" here on in. For single releases, they'regoing to make them super-duper exclusive and limited like 24, 36, 48, 50 produced.

They're going to set out to make Career-inspired Jordan's for every career and milestone-setting moment, but the problem is this... Michael Jordan hastoo many record-setting; record-shattering defining moments in his career- more than the colorways of his shoes put together.

From what I understand from all of the specualtion there WILL be packages and also those "special occasion" type things to celebrate MJ'saccomplishments.. What I want to know about the latter is are these occasional retros still going to come out on Saturdays? There's no way in the worldevery special thing MJ has done will fall on every Saturday in 2009. I am pretty much done with packages on the other hand after the XI/XII CDP
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DJ236

From what I understand from all of the specualtion there WILL be packages and also those "special occasion" type things to celebrate MJ's accomplishments.. What I want to know about the latter is are these occasional retros still going to come out on Saturdays? There's no way in the world every special thing MJ has done will fall on every Saturday in 2009. I am pretty much done with packages on the other hand after the XI/XII CDP
eyes.gif

There will be singles bro

Back
Top Bottom