Things to do in ATL

@flyNY

You brought up accents...

That goes EVERYWHERE. :lol:

I moved to Dallas from Houston... A 4 hour drive.. Yambs were checking for the accent.

It has NOTHING to do with it being the up north. :rofl:

This fool said make sure to check out Waffle House.
roll.gif
lol like its some fine dining 5star cuisine... i cant recall the last time i had w.f. sober and unhigh... If you go to w.f. on some trying to get a good meal...kill yaself.. The varsity is meh... i like the orange/vanilla sicle shakes... esp... with a noice shot of rum and or henny...

WF only tolerable if I'm drunk, that's it.

I wanna see ATL for the stripper culture alone, and I'm one that don't do strip clubs at all. Heard them joints are just like clubs more women in there just chilling then men.

Last edited:
@flyNY

You brought up accents...

That goes EVERYWHERE.
laugh.gif

I moved to Dallas from Houston... A 4 hour drive.. Yambs were checking for the accent.

It has NOTHING to do with it being the up north.
roll.gif
thats the thing i notice about up north and ny in general... they are forward moving but live off the rep of the past... Like dudes still think its the king of rap... yet aint been a consistent artist outside of jay z (thats up for debate) in damn near two decades... or the king of hoops... despite having few ballers make it to the pros... and a bball team that hasnt won squat in like 40 yrs...

Ny was/is looked at for the hype mystic of it all... before internet etc... ppl just went with whatever was said about it because outside of living there, there was really no way to prove/disprove otherwise... So folks could front, put 100 on 10 about the lifestyle and how things were unopposed..

WF only tolerable if I'm drunk, that's it.

I wanna see ATL for the stripper culture alone, and I'm one that don't do strip clubs at all. Heard them joints are just like clubs more women in there just chilling then men.
better watch for them bulldykes.. they dont be liking you looking at their lunch...

thats the thing i notice about up north and ny in general... they are forward moving but live off the rep of the past... Like dudes still think its the king of rap... yet aint been a consistent artist outside of jay z (thats up for debate) in damn near two decades. .. or the king of hoops... despite having few ballers make it to the pros... and a bball team that hasnt won squat in like 40 yrs...

Ny was/is looked at for the hype mystic of it all... before internet etc... ppl just went with whatever was said about it because outside of living there, there was really no way to prove/disprove otherwise... So folks could front, put 100 on 10 about the lifestyle and how things were unopposed..

Son what? You make no sense, pa.
NY STILL runs hip hop my *****
You heard of NaS right? Facts
Come on B lets not go there. We just celebrated the 20th anniversary of illmatic.
20years= 2 decades
Let me guess, Jeezys the best rapper alive right :lol:

Come on B lets not go there. We just celebrated the 20th anniversary of illmatic.
20years= 2 decades
Let me guess, Jeezys the best rapper alive right :lol:

This fool said ny runs hiphop (which I doesn't anymore). not only that he used nas as his example like its 94 :lol:, he could've at least used jay since he's the only ny rapper still selling out big arenas

Last edited:
This fool said ny runs hiphop (which I doesn't anymore). not only that he used nas as his example like its 94 :lol:, he could've at least used jay since he's the only ny rapper still selling out big arenas

Son who cares who's selling what out
Your acting like selling out arenas=lyrical prowess
Come on boy you should know better

FlyNY :pimp: My man is consistent with it and brings NT much needed positivity and good opinions that left ever since Ninjahood stopped posting.

This is why folks don't like NY...

This is a thread about Atlanta but y'all NYers literally CROWBAR your city into the conversation .

With that being said...

Homey named Nas? :rofl: :rofl:

Back to Atlanta...

I want a Georgia peach. :frown:

20years= 2 decades
Let me guess, Jeezys the best rapper alive right
laugh.gif
lol u just hopped over bball.... but its cool.. as far as rap it is entertainment... and im still not convinced on alot of these encylopedia rappers... dudes so called intellectual yet sound like complete dumbaxxes in interviews not to mention their lack of success and staying power in the game... If they are so good/talented/smart why are these dudes out working at fed ex... flipping burgers and what not?

Again ny was based off hype and lack of exposure...once the internet and just modern times in general came about ppl say past the facades and it was exposed for what it is..

hell and they not long ago celebrated jimi hendrix anniversary  so what...doesnt mean dude has been consistently making great music throughout the yrs...

Nas which is one of my fav rappers... had A critically acclaim album in a time where little to nothing was out 20 yrs ago... You act like dude been dropping illmatic ccaliber albums on a consistent basis throughout the yrs...

And as far as celebrated um as much as i enjoy nas no one was really checking for this or really cared... Outside of older heads and northerners... this was just another day and recieved little to no shine.

I live in the Savannah area and still haven't made a trip up to ATL yet. This thread has been helpful though. Any photographers in this thread? What are some good spots to go to take shots?

Son who cares who's selling what out
Your acting like selling out arenas=lyrical prowess
Come on boy you should know better
lyrical prowess means nothing when the repo man is putting a boot on your car... lyrical content dont mean ish when u filing ch. 13 bankruptcy.. Bars for days dont pay child support.

This is a business for profit... to be so "lyrical" and smart.. dudes are on some stupid ish... Imma go broke lose it all so i can "be real" keep the essense of true "hip hop" hope them bars help them ***** at the unemployment line...

Last edited:
flyny flyny yea I know a few people that used to live here they told me they cut throat depending on where you at?

Whats some coo club spots I'm thinking bout hitting one up this weekend

One day I went to go hoop over near east lake old coworkers eyes got big when I told him he said did you have a pistol I'm like nah I didn't think about it he told me don't go over there with them outta state tags they might try I'm not worried about that
But it brings me to my next question where are someplaces I SHOULD NOT GO if I'm new to the area and don't know anyone?

@ComradeSS and I believe I've teen redan road I think I been around that area I went to dyshoan park to hoop one day (i know that's not the correct spelling)

But as far as what I'm looking for....Really just coo night spots bars burger joints clubs courts (not too uptight, but not too hood either)
I know my mans was just down there this past weekend and their line up was Wet willies, Follies some day party(forgot where) and Compound..you should be good with any of those options and you can check this site out too for the club moves http://atl.alltheparties.com/

And as far as places to avoid its just like any other city just stay out the the neighborhoods you dont know if you worried about it :lol: ...most of the places to do **** at aint in terrible places anyway

FlyNY is kinda right though.

Unless your a freekielondon type dude you can go down south and get yambz easily and part of that is because your different then what they see on a regular basis.

I got a few friends that went to morehouse that are from LA, I went out to visit them back in 03 for some event. They were getting it in, and being from LA helped them from what I saw, I got some yambz that weekend and being from out of town and being one of the few white dudes up there probably made it easier because we weren't your typical dime a dozen atl dudes.

That's not a shot at atl either. I got friends from atl that live here in LA, That southern accent and everything gets them to stand out from your typical dime a dozen LA dudes and sparks some initial interest with the yambz. What they do with that initial interest is all on them, but it does get their foot in the door easier in some cases from what I've seen.

Unless your a freekielondon type dude you can go down south and get yambz easily and part of that is because your different then what they see on a regular basis.

I got a few friends that went to morehouse that are from LA, I went out to visit them back in 03 for some event. They were getting it in, and being from LA helped them from what I saw, I got some yambz that weekend and being from out of town and being one of the few white dudes up there probably made it easier because we weren't your typical dime a dozen atl dudes.

That's not a shot at atl either. I got friends from atl that live here in LA, That southern accent and everything gets them to stand out from your typical dime a dozen LA dudes and sparks some initial interest with the yambz. What they do with that initial interest is all on them, but it does get their foot in the door easier in some cases from what I've seen.
bruh...

No...

That's not just outside coming south...

That's going EVERYWHERE when you're different.

My disconnect is where it seems like you go south and you're coming up.

When I've went east and west and chicks diggin the twang.

"I like how you say down" is what I get a lot.

Houston's down = dine

:pimp:

I mean this with most cities tho...as long as you got your **** together the locals in that city gonna be intrigued by something different...when i was down in ATL whenever any of my mans would come down the chicks loved that it was a whole group of Baltimore dudes around them, they aint never have a bad time down there and everybody was getting yambs...**** sometimes when i go to DC or meet a joint from that area they be interested in where im from and its only like an hour away max :lol:

bruh...

No...

That's not just outside coming south...

That's going EVERYWHERE when you're different.

My disconnect is where it seems like you go south and you're coming up.

When I've went east and west and chicks diggin the twang.

"I like how you say down" is what I get a lot.

Houston's down = dine

pimp.gif
exactly dudes making it seem like its some hot 97 exclusive or some ish... like its a nyc thing... It also depends on where bout you go based on alot of the places/areas ppl are suggesting... these ppl/chics arent exposed to ish and just nose wide open anyway... I mean some of this may hold true at like gsu area...buckhead etc... but you off in mlk..adamsville etc... aint no chic gonna be like oh damn open sesame to the pootang cause you from somewhere else... unless you got money or appear to have money.

And again even then this was ages ago...dudes talking bout this one time 10-15 yrs ago ppl were fascinated in awe of the accent etc... thats not today ppl run into see ppl especially nyc all day everyday be it in passing at the train station... walking downtown...etc.. its common place and normal now.  Its not the rarity it once was... Its common place..then you addd to the fact ny was held in this "certain" high regards and light due to its music and popularity and culture.. that kinda died off some once the music/hip hop scene pretty much diminished..

Back
Top Bottom