This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

Met her at Coachella I went to see Jigga, she went to see Z Trip, perfect
I took a seat on the ice cold lawn, she handed me a ice blue bong,
whatever
pimp.gif

Frank Ocean's "nostalgia,ULTRA." Gets Def Jam Re-Release

Tyler, The Creator isn't the only Odd Future member making major moves. Frank Ocean's self-released mixtape nostalgia, Ultra got a great reception from fans and critics alike. Def Jam has taken notice and decided to give the album a proper re-release. Physical copies of the album will be available on July 26, and a digital advance will hit iTunes on May 31

Tyler, The Creator isn't the only Odd Future member making major moves. Frank Ocean's self-released mixtape nostalgia, Ultra got a great reception from fans and critics alike. Def Jam has taken notice and decided to give the album a proper re-release. Physical copies of the album will be available on July 26, and a digital advance will hit iTunes on May 31

How's that gonna work with the MGMT, Coldplay, and Eagles instrumentals, though? I don't think there was a lot of original material as far as production goes.

How's that gonna work with the MGMT, Coldplay, and Eagles instrumentals, though? I don't think there was a lot of original material as far as production goes.

Frank Ocean suprised me, I dismiss alot of r&b because its all superficial, and over produced. I aint been excited about a R&B artist since I heard Miguel's Sure Thing back in '09.

Frank actually reminds me of Miguel for some reason, anybody agree? or is it just me? 

Frank does belong in OF because he says whatever the **** he wants too 
pimp.gif

Frank Ocean suprised me, I dismiss alot of r&b because its all superficial, and over produced. I aint been excited about a R&B artist since I heard Miguel's Sure Thing back in '09.

Frank actually reminds me of Miguel for some reason, anybody agree? or is it just me? 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Congratulations Fraklin
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Congratulations Fraklin
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Congratulations Fraklin
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Congratulations Fraklin
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Finally listened to Novacane, dude has potential. However, I can't hear the song the same after Joey went at Esther on it
laugh.gif
Gon d/l his mixtape.

Finally listened to Novacane, dude has potential. However, I can't hear the song the same after Joey went at Esther on it
laugh.gif
Gon d/l his mixtape.

Originally Posted by yungdeadmike

pimp.gif

YES. Frank reminds me a lot of Miguel, in that their albums (mixtape in Frank's case) had a very non-mainstream R&B feel, kind of like alternative R&B if that makes any sense. Many of Miguel's songs off his album had a lot of electric guitar and funky synths, and on Nostalgia, Ultra Frank Ocean used many non R&B instrumentals/beats and made them his own imo.

Back
Top Bottom