This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

this guy is the real deal. i can fall asleep to this album, wake up and bump it again.

musiqsouldchild + swag - lazy eye = frank ocean.

When the album first dropped I couldn't stop listening to Pyramid & Sierra Leone, then Super Rich Kids & Pink Matter.

Now I'm under the Crack Rock & Bad Religion act.

This mogs still doesn't have a video :nerd:

Last edited:
Little late but finally listened to the album.

Pink Matter, Lost, and Forest Gump are my favorites. I got Forest Gump on repeat the most though.

Its refreshing to hear an "R&B" artist if that's what he's classified as kinda widen the range of subjects in the genre. I don't keep up with R&B for the most part but there are so many songs on here that pull you in. It's funny how an Frank can go from songs like sweet life and Super Rich kids, to Forest Gump, to Crack Rock and the second half of pyramids, and still do songs like thinking about you and Pink Matter. I'm constantly switching between favorite songs. Right now Crack Rock :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin is on repeat with no inclination to slow down.

at first i didn't think all the hype was warranted when I saw this thread and the super following on tumblr, even after listening to Nostalgia, Ultra. I ****** up sleeping on it. Ocean definitely picked up a fan. Hope his tapes stay on this level in the future, definitely set the bar high for himself and everyone else.

Last edited:
Do ya'll really listen to the Forest Gump track?
mean.gif
i listen to it and i sing along..

not a single damn is given on those days either.

I just got ahold of the album myself, last one i heard was the first one and its still in the rotation like the first time i heard it.

New joint is banging. His music almost makes me think about other artists that made fresh stuff but died of some overdose or something.

But yea album is a bang forshur!

whenever he performs "thinking about you" live, it always sounds weird to me. Any1 else get that?

Nah. He just delivers it differently live. All singers do that. How singers deliver it on an album isn't always the same way they'll keep it by the time they perform it live

whenever he performs "thinking about you" live, it always sounds weird to me. Any1 else get that?

I saw him in concert and thought his performance was perfection. Just saw the SNL performance this morning and hated it, completely different. Didn't see his VMA performance

Nah. He just delivers it differently live. All singers do that. How singers deliver it on an album isn't always the same way they'll keep it by the time they perform it live

I get that. What I shouldve said was, the 2 times Ive seen him perform it live, it sounded like garbage( by live I mean SNL and VMA's). And its not his voice, but the decision to drop out all of the background music and effects, that make the song better IMO. All he reall had both times was a guitar accompanying him. You could at least throw a band in there or some strings instruments. especially for the beginning

I saw him in concert and thought his performance was perfection. Just saw the SNL performance this morning and hated it, completely different. Didn't see his VMA performance

it wasnt horrible, I just think that was the worst song he could choose for the occasion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom