This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

Ayo yall remember frank oceans verse on Oldie??? "like im bi...i mean im straight"

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

chill *!%$$, you was probably made to Luther Vandross and Teddy Pendergrass tracks...

I'm sure the songs where I was made Luther and Teddy P were singing to women.

Originally Posted by Tero

Ayo yall remember frank oceans verse on Oldie??? "like im bi...i mean im straight"
eek.gif
 Looks like he was giving hints. It's confirmed now. Now let that boy cook

Wow...
I mean its hard to explain how im reacting to this..

The letter was heartfelt that im happy for him and getting it off his chest...Good for him.

But its like he easily couldve been talk about a girl.. But hes not...its like a "Damn... So it is true." feeling...

Anyways.. Respect.

Its still 7.17.2012 though 
pimp.gif

damn, that was like Frank's coming out letter.
I can't say this doesn't change my perception of him, but I gotta commend him for being so honest in probably the most critical genre of music.

Still gonna get that Channel Orange.

Happy for him. Seems like he's comfortable enough to be himself regardless of what his fans and "fans" think of him. Cant wait for the album 
pimp.gif

I really hope fans of his music will be able to look past their own prejudices and judge the man based on his art. Now that the cat's out of the bag, he can move on and just make honest music. No more facades.

Really looking forward to Channel Orange.

I'm glad that he could get that off his chest. However, I am not going to be bumping tracks directly and explicitly addressing relations with another man. That's an instant skip. And it has already started, someone on my timeline talking about 'Thinking About You' was about a man and perfectly described what he stated in the letter. Can we just enjoy the music and not instantly make it homosexual???

Is this why he couldn't feel anything with the girl on 'Novacane'?? This dude might go platinum now though!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Ocean can't be bi-sexual. Jus' can't be....
frown.gif
Why can't we be? How does this affect you? Shut up, don't even answer.
I know for me personally I don't want to hear about dudes love for another dude on record. I can't relate and don't want to hear it. Nothing against anyone who does but I just don't.

That being said, I doubt Frank Ocean uses his album to "come out". Its probably another idiot in the media who only heard "him" and probably didn't even realize he was speaking from a women's perspective.

It reminds me of when cats thought R was gay for Woman's Worth because they heard keywords like "panties" and didn't even take the time to realize what he was singing about.

What I was going to say....
@ScottHallWithAPick what's your take on this? Will you continue to listen to Frank?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Why can't we be? How does this affect you? Shut up, don't even answer.
I know for me personally I don't want to hear about dudes love for another dude on record. I can't relate and don't want to hear it. Nothing against anyone who does but I just don't. 

I love this answer. for the simple reason, you can't relate to rappers who talk about drugs. rappers who rap about cash or smashing dimes. kanye on mercy. or any song that rick ross has ever made.
You're a lame. 

Remember when everyone was singing along to "I believe that marriage isn't between a man and woman but between love and love"?
laugh.gif
Seems like that sentiment was a lot easier to accept for some when he was perceived as straight.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

I love this answer. for the simple reason, you can't relate to rappers who talk about drugs. rappers who rap about cash or smashing dimes. kanye on mercy. or any song that rick ross has ever made.
You're a lame. 
So, his opinion is wrong or invalid because you say so? Not saying I agree or don't agree, but really??

I'm now playing back lyrics in my head, and he been dropping hints

I'm a fan as long as his music sounds like it always has I'm rocking with him

I was just singing fools gold in the shower earlier

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

You're a lame. 
So, his opinion is wrong or invalid because you say so? Not saying I agree or don't agree, but really??
wrong or invalid? not at all. narrow minded? extemely.
as i said. look at how much music you can't relate to but listen to everyday.

2002-2006. none of us could relate to anything dipset was rapping about. 

Back
Top Bottom