This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

Amazing artist either way. Dont let personal prejudice affect how you view Art. The man is so musically gifted, i wouldnt care if he was sex-ing horses up.Channel Orange is gonna be amazing.

But I think theres a lot more complexity here than we're seeing here. Obviously, all people are complex, and sexuality is probably one of the most difficult human aspects to determine. I think that its not just so black-and-white whether or not hes bi-sexual or not. He's sharing with us an experience he had. Was it an epiphany he had that helped him realize his sexuality? Only he knows. But this is definately an interesting chapter in the life and career of someone I think will be a legend. If anything, it just adds more intrigue and more layers to his already deep lyrics.

Dude has always been gifted with the pen, and now we see a dimension of his life that helped add to his profoundness. Cant wait for July 17th.

Props to him... That letter took a lot of courage. Can't wait for 7/17
pimp.gif

Wow this is all so crazy.. You would think most artists would come out and deny and deny the rumors but this man embraced them.

Not even really a frank ocean fan so I don't really care though.

Not a Frank Ocean fan, but props to him for having the courage to come out. That took a lot of guts for a black man in the hip hop world no less. It will be interesting to see how his fan base reacts overall...Lots of homophobia exists in the black community...

Frank Ocean truly is a marketing genius.. Just with one letter he has everyone listening to his old music searching for hints and clues, while at the same time gaining publicity for his new record

Wow. Props to him for taking that step but it does make listening to his music a lil weird. Im not tryna hear a dude singing about another dude but son makes GREAT music so whatever. "Thinking About You" is definitely about a dude. I know I aint the only one thats been singing along to it.
laugh.gif

Dude is bout to blow up even more. Women will like him more and he'll get support from the gay community.

"Bro, easy on the ounce, that's a lot for a day
But just enough for a week, my *@$@# what can I say
I'm hi and I'm bye, wait I mean I'm straight
I'mma give you this wine, the runner just brought the grapes
My brother give it some time, Morris, and Day"

"i believe a woman's temple
gives her the right to choose
but baby don't abort
i believe that marriage isn't
between a man & woman
but between love and love"

Originally Posted by vezon

Wow this is all so crazy.. You would think most artists would come out and deny and deny the rumors but this man embraced them.

Man I don't think there ever were rumors which is the crazy thing.
laugh.gif

Can't front, definitely feel different bout his music now. I still like it but I feel bleech now .....

lol..

how are you guys feeling different about his music? it's still the same music to you right? you can't accept what he's saying and apply it to whatever situation you need to for yourself? it has to be about a guy now? who cares who he's singing about? everyone's had those feelings whether they are for a guy/girl is irrelevant.. that's what makes music beautiful.

gay/bi/whatever or not.. Frank Ocean is the truth.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

laugh.gif
there were though...like...even in THIS thread they were being talked about

too cold this side of june, it ain't natural. I'll rebel, I'll rebel, but it ain't natural. I take care, I take care, it's just now growing well. I'm no match for you. It's not hard to tell. This isn't doing well, but we're under the palm trees, thinking heaven must be, somewhere under these palm trees, with all the hell we're raising, at least we had the palm trees, to shade us from the ray beams, but not even the palm trees, could save us from the flames, summer remains."

puts summer remains in a different perspective.

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

laugh.gif

The rumors just started though right? I don't think people were talking about this a few months ago.

i feel you rocyaice im not gon listen to a dude that talks about bein inlove with another dude dont get me wrong hes a good artist
but "i cant get with that" word to jay z lol but seriously yall can call me lame or whateva i would feel uncomfortable listening to him singin boutanouther man
yall trippin thinkin that stuff is cool unless yall questioning yall own sexuality i dont have anything against a gays but i jus cant do it

Could care less, because his music is great either way, but is this merely a coincidence that he announces this a few weeks before his album comes out. An album that really didn't have much promotion, etc. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

laugh.gif

The rumors just started though right? I don't think people were talking about this a few months ago.
yeah they just started, but every popular online media outlet was posting that he was bi and then people were combating it saying "how are you gonna go just by some lyrics one guy heard" so he felt the need to clear it up. 

Originally Posted by hymen man

lol..

how are you guys feeling different about his music? it's still the same music to you right? you can't accept what he's saying and apply it to whatever situation you need to for yourself? it has to be about a guy now? who cares who he's singing about? everyone's had those feelings whether they are for a guy/girl is irrelevant.. that's what makes music beautiful.

gay/bi/whatever or not.. Frank Ocean is the truth.
it throws you off cus you know he is singin about another dude its not the same its kind of uncomfortable yes i feel different about the music
kudos to him

son, you actin' like listening to 'em will force you to start sucking **** or some shh. none of his songs actually flat out say he's talking about a guy.. so what's the problem? it's 2012 man.. there's a lot of gay/bi people in the world. GET OVER IT. you might not agree with it, and that's fine.. but to stop listening to an artist you ALREADY listened to and now you won't because you find out something about his personal life you don't agree with..
laugh.gif

i don't know how you dudes only listen to songs just to be like "oh this is what this is about, definitely.. it's about a guy and him and that's it! it has no meaning to myself at all" - let the dude talk about whatever he wants, as long as he's not adding skits of him sucking ****... it's whatever to me, i listen to music to put my own meaning behind it unless it's clear cut that its about a certain experience/event/person.. then I get it.

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

Just dont understand how he gonna make songs about females and he doesnt like them.

pretty sure he's not gay, he's gotta be bisexual.. 

skinny jeans rappers ?
emo rappers ?

the biggest rappers out now is an ex corrections officer who thinks hes a coke king pin and a black jew from Canada who played a cripple on a kids sop opera ?

now switch hitting r n b thugs 

whats next trannie dj's

oh yeah there is mister c 

what has happen to hiphop in the past 7 years 

Back
Top Bottom