Thoughts about Tan../

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tan is ruining NT. The Tan thread is like a general thread inside of a general thread.
General is suppose to be for General topics, and thats what the Tan thread is housing.
whats nothing to one member may be a lot to someone else, and why post something if you think its nothing.
it feels awesome to see new threads, death be to tan

No tan is good. it stops people from posting anything that pops in they mind at the time. word to dude and his snapchat queen. just clutters up the general forum when that happens.

Threads about the thread about nothing

TATAN
roll.gif

I realize that people are bored, but this game has been played before. People complained about the thread. We closed it for a few weeks to see if the quantity and quality of general forum topics would improve. They didn't. What's more, forum activity has increased considerably since that time, so the stagnation users were complaining about this summer is nowhere near as noticeable. The forum moves as fast now with "TAN" as it did 18 months ago without it. Keep calm.

From the meth god himself >D

Pull y'all panties up

No tan is good. it stops people from posting anything that pops in they mind at the time. word to dude and his snapchat queen. just clutters up the general forum when that happens.

right now ide rather have the clutter then the tumbleweeds I see rolling by.
Besides wack threads always found a way of filtering themselves out down to page 5

Besides wack threads always found a way of filtering themselves out down to page 5
clutter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tumble weeds by far

many more lulz and info that way.

Why don't you just post in TAN if that's where all the energy is at?

for what? when i can make a thread and use NT properly

Properly?

Meth just said that TAN goes with the ROC, and that taking it away has proven to do nothing.

Making a thread over everything isn't the "proper way" to use NT, that's opinion based.

TAN is not going to be closed, so you're either with it, or not.

#TATAN

Properly?

Meth just said that TAN goes with the ROC, and that taking it away has proven to do nothing.

Making a thread over everything isn't the "proper way" to use NT, that's opinion based.

TAN is not going to be closed, so you're either with it, or not.

#TATAN
**** is free posting at its worst, if i did what ya do in that thread on other thread i would be suspended for free posting...

theoretically all a noob has to do is post complete crap 300 times in that post and go ahead and scam someone in da buy and sell section.

^Debatable.

300 posts, plus 3 months. Free posting, (which is posting a lot in rapid succession) is picked up on Huddler's spam filter, which notifies the mods and the user is banned. Spam avoided. (BigJ505, admin of buy/sell)

I don't post in TAN, but I lurk on occasion, I've only posted n there 2-3 times. I've seen posts deleted due to free posting.

If you want to talk about the things that go on in the thread, you have to be in the thread.

Can't do it off assumption.

people can have 300 posts easily without TAN.

Just go in every shoe thread saying you'll cop or like the shoe, quote someone in every thread saygin "THIS" when you agree with him.

If you want to get to 300 posts quickly, you'll get there. TAN or not.

^Debatable.

300 posts, plus 3 months. Free posting, (which is posting a lot in rapid succession) is picked up on Huddler's spam filter, which notifies the mods and the user is banned. Spam avoided. (BigJ505, admin of buy/sell)

I don't post in TAN, but I lurk on occasion, I've only posted n there 2-3 times. I've seen posts deleted due to free posting.

If you want to talk about the things that go on in the thread, you have to be in the thread.

how is da fact that all people do is freepost in that thread NOT debatable? if it was actual substantive writings it would've been a thread.

da existence of that thread does MORE harm then help..hell i can't even think of a reason why it helps da rest of general at all, straight up parasite leech thread.

^Debatable.

how is da fact that all people do is freepost in that thread NOT debatable? if it was actual substantive writings it would've been a thread.

da existence of that thread does MORE harm then help..hell i can't even think of a reason why it helps da rest of general at all, straight up parasite leech thread.

The thread actually does no harm. Meth locked it for 2-3 week before to test thins and general forums changed none.

The way tan is, there is 15 people who post miscellaneous things. That's what the thread is about. What is the rest of general missing out of those 15 people?

*yawn*

da thread about nothing thread adds NOTHING to general and takes away from topics being created..da only people defending it are da stans

and hermits that infest that thread daily.
You do realize that you can apply this logic to EVERY official thread we have right? RIGHT? The Jewerly thread takes away from topics about specific chains, the movie thread takes away from threads about specific movies, the _________ thread takes away from discussions about _________. 

Try again sir.

*yawn*

da thread about nothing thread adds NOTHING to general and takes away from topics being created..da only people defending it are da stans

and hermits that infest that thread daily.

False.

I'm defending it, and I don't post in there. If it were deleted, I wouldn't care.

It may add nothing to general, but it doesn't take anything away. Your argument makes no sense.

If it were taking things away from general, then when it was locked said things would return the life to general. This isn't planet hulk, nothing happened when TAN was taken away.

You're just reaching.

at this point its obvious that no matter the complaining and whining that occurs, TAN is here to stay

i dont know why ppl are getting jimmies rustled over it, why do you care what others do, it doesnt affect you

regardless, this thread should be locked, whining is not gonna shut TAN down, no matter how self important you think you are. 

all this thread promotes at this point is argument

The front page goes 50 topics deep now and the OLDEST one was replied to less than two hours ago.  The front page used to contain less than HALF that, and at peak we'd see maybe 6 pages of topics per day.  I can go 5 pages back and find replies that aren't even 24 hours old.  

Posting activity in this forum is UP from Yuku.  If it looks stagnant to you, it's because you're seeing more posts per page and thus the effects of "shuffling" aren't as obvious.  

A topic that would've slid to page 3 on the old board is now at the bottom of page 1, not because people are posting less, but because the front page holds more than twice as many threads.  

One topic full of junk isn't changing that.  Would you rather have those users on NikeTalk and reading your favorite threads or on Twitter posting random comments about nothing?  

If it were actually harming the forum in some way, I could understand the argument - but there's absolutely zero proof of this.  It's 100% opinion held by a relatively small number of users.  I don't consider that terribly compelling - especially when the thread's most vocal opponents simply enjoy arguing for its own sake.  

If you like arguing... argue.  I don't care.  Just realize that we're not going to regulate the community based on a silly debate being waged out of sheer boredom.  

That's effort that you'd be better off devoting to developing SUPERIOR discussion threads and it's time that I'd rather spend improving the site.  How about this:  stop wasting my time with this nonsense and I'll spend some of it working to produce a second run of NT fitted caps.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom