Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

Taking this a step further you guys ever notice how women are demonized in the Old Testament? In reality they're the ones who've got it figured out. For example, Eve eating the knowledge. Or lots wife turning into a pillar of salt. Most people say she was an idiot to disobey god, when in reality she was the only one wise enough to turn in on herself and look back to her soul knowing that the god of the old testament was a fake. In regards to her turning to salt that's just symbolic of her turning into the Christ energy. Christ spoke of the salt himself

Matthew 5:13 (ESV)
13 “You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s
I don't understand how turning around made Lot's wife wise. She was given instruction, disobeyed and turned into salt. Life done. What's wise about that and if anything it showed that God wasn't playing around nor fake.

That Matthew passage is of Jesus speaking to his disciples. They were to season the earth with the knowledge of Christ and who He is. But if they don't, they are likened to salt that has lost its flavor. Lukewarm if you will.

Telling you as it is.

I don't know your story, if my assumptions
hurt you then I am sorry. 

But just know this for fact
once you're in Christ there is no turning back.

I, along with the other former Christians in this topic, were just like you at one point. The fact that you think you're different shows the arrogance that religion gives you.

As I mentioned previously, using your logic, you shouldn't call yourself a Christian unless you feel you're capable of predicting the future and know yourself 40 years from now. Otherwise, you're no better than those that you judge.

I, along with the other former Christians in this topic, were just like you at one point. The fact that you think you're different shows the arrogance that religion gives you.

As I mentioned previously, using your logic, you shouldn't call yourself a Christian unless you feel you're capable of predicting the future and know yourself 40 years from now. Otherwise, you're no better than those that you judge.
You guys weren't in Christ tho.

I have pride in the God I serve.

And its never too late for ex-Christians 

to experience life as God intended.

Last edited:
You guys weren't in Christ tho.

I have pride in the God I serve.

And its never too late for ex-Christians 
to experience life as God intended.

We thought we were just as you think you think you are now. So, what is the difference? How do you know you will believe in Christ 20 years from now?

Durty,

So are you good that Religious people like you in this country have pushed forward Conservative Christian laws meant to oppress citizens of this country whom don't believe in your Faith?

For example..

Same sex marriage laws

Abortion

Funding of birth control

Stem cell research

Is this what Christ wanted? To ruin other people's lives because they don't adhere to your belief?

"Go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant -- they're quite clear -- that we would create law based on the God of the bible and the ten commandments." Sarah Palin

Durty,

So are you good that Religious people like you in this country have pushed forward Conservative Christian laws meant to oppress citizens of this country whom don't believe in your Faith?

For example..

Same sex marriage laws

Abortion

Funding of birth control

Stem cell research

Is this what Christ wanted? To ruin other people's lives because they don't adhere to your belief?
Those are the reasons America is on a downward path.

Like Israel, America was built on trust in God.

And just like Israel, America has turned its back on God.

Every 7 years, America will see destruction.

2015 is next and won't be a pretty year, unless we go

back to our Foundation, which is the Lord.

and to answer you Christ wants us to trust in 

the Lord and obey his Law. Once those are out of the equation,

all you see is lawlessness.

Last edited:
Those are the reasons America is on a downward path.

Like Israel, America was built on trust in God.
And just like Israel, America has turned its back on God.

Every 7 years, America will see destruction.
2015 won't be a pretty year, unless we go
back to our Foundation, who is God.

I don't want to put words in your mouth but since your answers aren't direct, are you saying due to your Christian faith, you are against abortion, stem cell research, and same sex marriages? Even if that means oppressing people in your communities?

Oh and please enough of the fortune telling... unless you know whose gonna win the Superbowl in 2015, let me know cause I will be in Vegas next weekend.

Last edited:
I don't want to put words in your mouth but since your answers aren't direct, are you saying due to your Christian faith, you are against abortion, stem cell research, and same sex marriages? Even if that means oppressing people in your communities?

Oh and please enough of the fortune telling... unless you know whose gonna win the Superbowl in Jan 2015, let me know cause I will be in Vegas next weekend.
Yes. Yes

Come back to this thread, by God's grace, 

in a year.

I don't understand how turning around made Lot's wife wise. She was given instruction, disobeyed and turned into salt. Life done. What's wise about that and if anything it showed that God wasn't playing around nor fake.

That Matthew passage is of Jesus speaking to his disciples. They were to season the earth with the knowledge of Christ and who He is. But if they don't, they are likened to salt that has lost its flavor. Lukewarm if you will.

God of the Old Testament is fake. Whether you choose to believe it or not. Not denying you may feel something spiritual but I'll gladly walk you through the process up until the gnostic gospels where they completely corrupted the Christ and made material god a good god.

The reason lot's wife turned into the salt is because she turned into the Christ. She escaped the physical body. She was wise to know the Old Testament god was a Demi god and not follow him in his lies and pursuit of the material desires.

This is why some people need to step out of the bible, and have some additional research. What was salts relevance at the time frame and how would the author be implementing it in this passage.

You'll probably say it's blasphemous to suggest someone else was a "Christ" but plenty of people had done it before Jesus.

To flip the Jesus story on you. Most "Christians" will never be able to walk on the water because they're afraid and will stay in the boat. The boat is symbolic of their stead fast nature and what they need to be true. Peter which literally means rock sunk in the water because he got scared when he stepped away from what he had been taught to be true. Only the Christ energy could save him.

Y'all dudes really gotta stop taking this stuff literally. Dudes in here spewing verses they've got no idea what they really mean. Then backtracking trying to connect the dots or citing faith when there's no answer. For a god that's supposed to be simple to love he's sure made it complicated for his followers

John 14:12

12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

God of the Old Testament is fake. Whether you choose to believe it or not. Not denying you may feel something spiritual but I'll gladly walk you through the process up until the gnostic gospels where they completely corrupted the Christ and made material god a good god.

The reason lot's wife turned into the salt is because she turned into the Christ. She escaped the physical body. She was wise to know the Old Testament god was a Demi god and not follow him in his lies and pursuit of the material desires.

This is why some people need to step out of the bible, and have some additional research. What was salts relevance at the time frame and how would the author be implementing it in this passage.

You'll probably say it's blasphemous to suggest someone else was a "Christ" but plenty of people had done it before Jesus.

To flip the Jesus story on you. Most "Christians" will never be able to walk on the water because they're afraid and will stay in the boat. The boat is symbolic of their stead fast nature and what they need to be true. Peter which literally means rock sunk in the water because he got scared when he stepped away from what he had been taught to be true. Only the Christ energy could save him.

Y'all dudes really gotta stop taking this stuff literally. Dudes in here spewing verses they've got no idea what they really mean. Then backtracking trying to connect the dots or citing faith when there's no answer. For a god that's supposed to be simple to love he's sure made it complicated for his followers

12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

Works doesn't equal miracles if that is what you are trying to say this scripture is about. None of the disciples performed the miracles that Christ did and none of us will. What this scripture is talking about is how Jesus is explaining to the disciples that they will continue the gospel and reach far more people than He did. Which the disciples achieved by revolutionizing the world in the face of persecution. They preached a gospel that has changed the world all wile being killed tortured and thrown in jail for it. 2000 years later it is the biggest relion in the world. So yea that's a greater work.

Now why is it the biggest religion? Because people were killed if they denied it for hundreds of years.

You're giving too much credit to "the word" and not enough to the dictators that made it mandatory

How do you say "To answer your question" and then not answer the ******* question?

this is the single greatest troll thread ever

Works doesn't equal miracles if that is what you are trying to say this scripture is about. None of the disciples performed the miracles that Christ did and none of us will. What this scripture is talking about is how Jesus is explaining to the disciples that they will continue the gospel and reach far more people than He did. Which the disciples achieved by revolutionizing the world in the face of persecution. They preached a gospel that has changed the world all wile being killed tortured and thrown in jail for it. 2000 years later it is the biggest relion in the world. So yea that's a greater work.

Stop it. The disciples you spoke of never existed, especially in a historical context. But one thing we can account for is how many people Christianity has killed. In addition, the stuff they burnt trying to hide it's true origins.

Stop it. The disciples you spoke of never existed, especially in a historical context. But one thing we can account for is how many people Christianity has killed. In addition, the stuff they burnt trying to hide it's true origins.

So if it was proven that Christianity and the Bible were completely true, would you have a problem believing in it?

So if it was proven that Christianity and the Bible were completely true, would you have a problem believing in it?

I am down. I am awaiting Armageddon. God is going to do what then? Kill over 20,945,454,545,500 people per Revelation 14:18-20?

Sounds like an event I don't want to miss.... :rolleyes :smh:

Not a problem at all. Matter of fact that's why I gave it a shot. On the flip side, if it was proven untrue would you have a problem not believing it?

You actually bring up a really good point. I honestly think most people want to believe in a higher power. However, when you have stuff that's blatantly stolen, then used as a mechanism to oppress people that it was stole from how can you expect people to be receiving of you. Furthermore, when you don't even know the history of the message you're promoting.

The thing that scares me about most believers is your will to believe. You accept anything and everything with no amount of skepticism. The fact that you fall for this okie doke suggests that you'll be quick to fall in line for the more sinister ones. Y'all are quick to talk about the Christ and who he was. But whose the devil? What are his attributes? How does he trick you? How do you know you have been deceived?

Miss me with the bible verses, I wanna see the dots connect to today's reality.

Bruh....the irony....do you even know what that scripture means?

Peter sunk because he took his eyes off of Jesus and his natural mind took over which says what a lot of people say, "Wait a minute....I can't do this!" While already doing it.

And where did you get this explanation about lot's wife from? Where does it say that she turned into Christ?

Jesus even talks about Lot's wife and to remember her demise.

What was salts relevance at the time? Don't just hint at something, explain it to show that you know what you're talking about.

And I said this before in here:

Any answer you get from a believer about God will have a biblically rooted answer because we believe that the bible is His word. You cannot separate God from His word. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, AND THE WORD WAS GOD.

To us that's like saying, give me an answer about God that doesn't include a reference to God.

Last edited:
We thought we did too. So how are our former selves different than you now?
You guys thought you did. Same with me before I 

actually received spiritual birth.

Like you I grew up in church, and read scripture.

I believed and thought I knew God, but in reality I didn't 

know squat about God, just his Word.

I didn't have my actual trust in Christ nor did I turn from my sins,

I just liked the idea of forgiveness, love, and heaven.

What you believe to be religion is

actually greater than you can grasp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom