Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

Hope and faith are two VERY different things. I hope I studied enough to pass the rest, I didn't study at all but I have faith god will let me pass.
Faith is the confidence in what we hope for and assurance of 

what we do not see.

That's is the faith I am speaking of.

durtyraspburry durtyraspburry

Do you hold the belief the earth is 6,000 years old? If so I respect that and just want some explanation on this from your point of view:

There's a lot of cycles that take place on the Earth and in the universe.

The Earth has many cycles it's apart of, the zodiacs being one of them.

To determine something is a cycle you have to observe at minimum two iterations of the occurrence.

It's scientifically proven that the precession of the equinoxes is an approx. 26,000 year cycle. Thus, the Earth has to be at least 52,000 years old to observe these events and confirm them. Thoughts?

I read it, but you seriously won't
accept any answer that defends my faith.
This is just kicking pricks.
Be honest.

:lol: if you gave an answer that was logical and undeniable how could I reject it? You believe god is absolute perfection yet in your own holy books god displays numerous times it's flaws but for some reason those instances "don't count".

It's basic undisputed science. Almost common knowledge in the astronomical field if you will. If you want me to provide a source or scholarly explanation for the sake of the convo I will.

I don't need articles or explanations thanks tho.

So if the scientists end up being wrong about this assumption

when will your faith in them end?

It is easy for anyone to lie to push a worldview, and that is the 

founding block of evolutionary scientist.

Last edited:
Sure.

But the cycle has already been proven and mapped out... on multiple occasions at that.

So are they just wrong or?

Apparently the scientific community is responsible for a global conspiracy to suppress the word of God.

"No one really believes in Christianity" -Allan Watts

If you believe the Bible that means you believe that we are special to this planet. You also believe that we exist as a favor of your "God" and not of our own right like your "God" does. Correct?

I was talking to some "Christians" today at my job and we had a good 20 min convo about various things then at the end of it I find out that niether one of these dudes have read the bible cover to cover and I kinda hit them with the :stoneface: how can you dedicate your entire being to something without fully understanding it or at least outing forth the full effort in an attempt to.

Between all the bashing, sarcasam and lack of effort in reading verses I and others have posted in response to questions I feel like this....

View media item 1167154
Christianity is a relationship between YOU & GOD. Dont judge christianity based on someone elses performance/behavior as a christian. We all have the ability to do what we want, therefore some Christians are more mature than others. Some are liars and hippocrites. Some use the name of God for their own advantage when they themselves dont have an actual relationship with The Lord. A mature christian does not judge others, because they know they sin themselves. No one is perfect. No christian is sinless. We all should strive to be more like Him everyday. Yes, its impossible, but the closer you can get to being like Him, the more glory He is given.

I always found it funny and ironic that the Science side of the debate fails to acknowledge the placebo effect of the belief in God. Whether you want to call is Karma, coincidence, or by chance.

Does it really matter if God exists? If person "A" really truly believes that there is in fact a superior being, and believes that it does "work in mysterious ways", what does it matter to person "B"?

I always found it funny and ironic that the Science side of the debate fails to acknowledge the placebo effect of the belief in God. Whether you want to call is Karma, coincidence, or by chance.

Does it really matter if God exists? If person "A" really truly believes that there is in fact a superior being, and believes that it does "work in mysterious ways", what does it matter to person "B"?
On an individual level, I agree. I only have a problem when religion/spiritual thinking makes its way into classrooms and courtrooms...which happens far too often for my liking.

To the ATHEISTS & AGNOSTICS....................

if you say you "DONT" believe then you "DO" believe THAT YOU'RE DENYING the existence of SOMETHING that is GREATer than you
That's not how it works with atheism :lol:

Besides that you do not need belief to acknowledge that there are somethings that exist that are greater than an individual or everyone. The sun for instance. It's a fact that it exists and it is greater than me and everyone else.

Also, agnosticism only deals with the question of can one know something or not, agnostics believing that they can't know. So as it applies to deities, they can believe in GOD(s) but simply not know if that GOD(s) exists. As it stands every theist is an agnostic theist. There are crazy ppl that claim to be gnostics theists but they are incapable of proving what they claim to know. Same thing goes for gnostic atheists who claim to know GOD does not exist but then you get in to that whole proving a negative thing.

To the ATHEISTS
Atheism in general is a great escape of authority through the use of man's imagination.
:rofl:

Madness.

Atheism is the one escaping authority through use of imagination :lol:

It's pretty clear you don't adhere to any sort of reason or logic. Delusions rule you.

I tend to forget this is the dude that feels the slaughter of his ppl was a good thing.
Hope and faith are two VERY different things. I hope I studied enough to pass the rest, I didn't study at all but I have faith god will let me pass.
Faith is the confidence in what we hope for and assurance of 
what we do not see.

That's is the faith I am speaking of.
Then why not put faith in things worthy of it? That's what I do.

Faith in my life is based off of past experiences. If a friend has come through for me in the past I'll have faith he'll come through for me in the future. I can have faith in the fundamentals of science cuz they've continually been proven to work and the principles and practices hold up to scrutiny so I can trust in it's findings and conclusions.

Blind faith is what you happen to subscribe to. Which isn't healthy at all.

I don't need articles or explanations thanks tho.

So if the scientists end up being wrong about this assumption
when will your faith in them end?
You don't know how science works do you?

I don't see how I can end faith in science when it's been proven to work. The method actually works.

Which is worse ditching science when it gets one thing wrong and adapts or sticking with a religion no matter how many things it gets wrong until everything about it is wrong?

It is easy for anyone to lie to push a worldview, and that is the 
founding block of evolutionary scientist every religion.
Fixed.

Last edited:
On an individual level, I agree. I only have a problem when religion/spiritual thinking makes its way into classrooms and courtrooms...which happens far too often for my liking.

Did you know The Bible was part of the curriculum for all public schools in this country in its beginings? Why do people swear on The Bible when theyre in court?
I'd venture to say you have problems with this countrys roots.

That's not how it works with atheism :lol:

Besides that you do not need belief to acknowledge that there are somethings that exist that are greater than an individual or everyone. The sun for instance. It's a fact that it exists and it is greater than me and everyone else.

Also, agnosticism only deals with the question of can one know something or not, agnostics believing that they can't know. So as it applies to deities, they can believe in GOD(s) but simply not know if that GOD(s) exists. As it stands every theist is an agnostic theist. There are crazy ppl that claim to be gnostics theists but they are incapable of proving what they claim to know. Same thing goes for gnostic atheists who claim to know GOD does not exist but then you get in to that whole proving a negative thing.
:rofl:

Madness.

Atheism is the one escaping authority through use of imagination :lol:

It's pretty clear you don't adhere to any sort of reason or logic. Delusions rule you.

I tend to forget this is the dude that feels the slaughter of his ppl was a good thing.
Then why not put faith in things worthy of it? That's what I do.

Faith in my life is based off of past experiences. If a friend has come through for me in the past I'll have faith he'll come through for me in the future. I can have faith in the fundamentals of science cuz they've continually been proven to work and the principles and practices hold up to scrutiny so I can trust in it's findings and conclusions.

Blind faith is what you happen to subscribe to. Which isn't healthy at all.
You don't know how science works do you?

I don't see how I can end faith in science when it's been proven to work. The method actually works.

Which is worse ditching science when it gets one thing wrong and adapts or sticking with a religion no matter how many things it gets wrong until everything about it is wrong?
Fixed.

Blind faith, is exactly that. Believing in things you cannot fully see or understand.

Science has gotten more than 1 thing wrong. Come on now. And I agree, religions get many things wrong. Thats why I dont follow religions. I have a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ.

Blind faith, is exactly that. Believing in things you cannot fully see or understand.

Science has gotten more than 1 thing wrong. Come on now. And I agree, religions get many things wrong. Thats why I dont follow religions. I have a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ.

Here's the difference, religion banks on the belief that it is 100% truth, 100% correct, and the ONLY ONE truth. Science is the understanding as we know it and can prove until disproven, then that science "changes" so to speak. If the bible is disproven it retaliates with a biblical "na'ah" and calls it a day.

You said yourself that it gets things wrong, well, that pretty much discredits the whole thing.

Curious to know, what do you think it gets wrong?

Last edited:
Here's the difference, religion banks on the belief that it is 100% truth, 100% correct, and the ONLY ONE truth.

You said yourself that it gets things wrong, well, that pretty much discredits the whole thing.

Curious to know, what do you think it gets wrong?

Every religion has something missing.

As an example, Catholics confess their sins to priests to get forgiveness. The Bible is clear on this. The only mediator is Jesus. Only Jesus, that is to say God, can forgive our sins and we only need to ask Him for forgiveness.
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He (God) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and purify us".

What sets Christianity apart is that it is not a religion, its a one on one relationship.The foundation of that relationship is set on Jesus Christ, dieing, then resurrecting. He sacrificed himself for all because He loves all, everyone.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him, shall not perish, but have ever lasting life" - John 3:16

Did you know The Bible was part of the curriculum for all public schools in this country in its beginings? Why do people swear on The Bible when theyre in court?
I'd venture to say you have problems with this countrys roots.
I actually do have a lot of problems with this country's roots.

Unless you're a Rush Limbaugh-listening, Fox News-watching conservative I don't see how you could think our nation's history is hunky-dory.

Cus I enjoy discussing Bible. But its a waste of time. I dont know everything but ppl on here like to act as if they do.
No one (believers and non believers) really listens with an humble heart and with a pure desire for truth, no matter how discomforting it is.

Back
Top Bottom