Tidal Streaming!!

I upload all of my MP3's and albums to Google Play for free and I stream my own music. I just don't use their streaming. Their layout sucks.

I upload all of my MP3's and albums to Google Play for free and I stream my own music. I just don't use their streaming. Their layout sucks.
^I was gonna ask you how you like Google Play Music cause I saw your post at the top of the page.  I used to do that too. I would upload all my music to Google but never use their streaming service and use Rdio before they went out of business or sold it.  I then joined them after I tried out Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music, etc.  One of the good features is that I could mix a playlist with both my downloaded music (mixtapes) with streaming music.  

You think Google's layout sucks tho? 
laugh.gif
  I thought it was pretty intuitive, simple, user friendly. They've added podcasts too. 

Been using Tidal a lot lately. Told myself I would stick with Spotify, but that changed once the new season of Money & Violence came out. Don't see myself going back to any of other music streaming services since I get more for my money with Tidal. (mixtapes, music videos, free concerts etc). It's also a plus that Tidal is the only music streaming service NOT blocked my job. Really helps me get through these 8 hours of sitting at a desk while filing/scanning paperwork. 

On  another note, finally put together the perfect Crunk Era playlist. Man I miss that southern flavor from the early 2000s.

I feel the same way, Spotify doesn't give me anything for signing up for Spotify.

With Tidal you get perks and exclusives. Though I can get them anyway.

^I was gonna ask you how you like Google Play Music cause I saw your post at the top of the page.  I used to do that too. I would upload all my music to Google but never use their streaming service and use Rdio before they went out of business or sold it.  I then joined them after I tried out Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music, etc.  One of the good features is that I could mix a playlist with both my downloaded music (mixtapes) with streaming music.  

You think Google's layout sucks tho? :lol:   I thought it was pretty intuitive, simple, user friendly. They've added podcasts too. 

With your Google account you can upload to your music account. I'm not sure of the limit, but I have hundreds and hundreds of gigs of albums uploaded. I just upload as I add mp3's or mp4's to my external drive. I use that to stream.

Been using Tidal a lot lately. Told myself I would stick with Spotify, but that changed once the new season of Money & Violence came out. Don't see myself going back to any of other music streaming services since I get more for my money with Tidal. (mixtapes, music videos, free concerts etc). It's also a plus that Tidal is the only music streaming service NOT blocked my job. Really helps me get through these 8 hours of sitting at a desk while filing/scanning paperwork. 

On  another note, finally put together the perfect Crunk Era playlist. Man I miss that southern flavor from the early 2000s.
Thinking about making the switch to tidal. It's just that I have so many albums saved as playlist and I dont feel like going through the process of searching for all those albums on tidal.

Jay bought in to flip it.... I feel most knew/think/thought that.

I think this will be good for hip hop anyway, I'm tired of these streaming wars and these streaming "exclusives" ... And it's only the beginning of it

The real question is how much is Apple going to drop? :lol: He spent 57, i don't see him selling it for anything less than 150. Jay Peso, the ultimate hustler. :lol:

:lol:

You all are talking about losing respect for the hustler you came to love and respect because he showed you that you're no different from the fiends he used to serve.

"I sell ice in the winter I sell fire in hell.
I am a hustler, I'll sell water to a well"

Ain't mad at Jay at all for this. Always knew he was eventually gonna sell it, just a matter of time. He saw what Dre did with Beats and wanted to do the same with Tidal and flip it. It was never meant to be a long term venture for him.

What would actually surprise me is if Jay also took a Senior position at Apple like Dre did.

Idc about him making a profit. It's the pitch he sold to people. If he would've just bought it and never said all that he's for the artist bs then I wouldn't knock it.

You guys are really upset with Jay Z for being the same guy (in terms of money) that he's been since he was pitching. :lol:

You care about it a little fam. But it's cool. I'm just kidding around.

Moral of the story is Hov gon Hov. Can't knock the hustle.

Idc about him making a profit. It's the pitch he sold to people. If he would've just bought it and never said all that he's for the artist bs then I wouldn't knock it.
Maybe both happens?  I got a feeling if Tidal and Apple are in negotiations then there would be a deal saying that those artists still have to be compensated exactly how they were on Tidal.  Jay is shrewd but I think he would negotiate the deal to be a win-win for everybody, himself, the artists, and Apple.  I think he would also have a huge backlash if he did the deal without making sure that the artists that joined him when he took over Tidal weren't compensated somehow as well.  He's smart and I'm sure he knows this.  It's a win for Apple too especially PR wise and would look good for them as being the only major streaming service that cares about the artists getting compensated 'fairly'.   

Last edited:
It's just rumors and talk. There were rumors of Samsung a few months ago.

It also just could be PR for both.

Tidal gets a lot of urban radio exclusives. Plus they have a Hi Fi market.

funny how all these major corporations are suddenly trying to buy into TIDAL... and just a few months ago a lot of ya'll dudes were 100% sure that Tidal was gonna fail miserably :lol:

Also like how everyone already has their narrative set up, despite there being one article claiming that discussions are going on.

Tidal wasn't doing so hot and it was pretty much Kanye's album (Tidal exclusive) that helped them and doubled their subscribers but still lagged behind everyone else.  

I never thought they would fail per se, but I knew they wouldn't last long by themselves and that it was only a matter of time that either Apple, Google, or Microsoft was gonna buy Tidal and take them under their wing to be the dominant streaming music service and take down Spotify. They got that extra long money to stay in an industry and keep losing money hand over fist to acquire customers until they squeeze the competition out.  

Tidal wasn't doing so hot and it was pretty much Kanye's album (Tidal exclusive) that helped them and doubled their subscribers but still lagged behind everyone else.  

I never thought they would fail per se, but I knew they wouldn't last long by themselves and that it was only a matter of time that either Apple, Google, or Microsoft was gonna buy Tidal and take them under their wing to be the dominant streaming music service and take down Spotify. They got that extra long money to stay in an industry and keep losing money hand over fist to acquire customers until they squeeze the competition out.  

and Beyonce and Prince's catalog

Kanye, Rihanna, and Beyonce. Not just Ye

I know Ye isn't the only Tidal exclusive. I knew the other ones. I was saying that it was because of just Ye that Tidal's subscriptions doubled when TLOP came out.

Back
Top Bottom