Too much cologne

Originally Posted by omgitswes

clothes
frown.gif

I was in a hurry and just sprayed and left. It was only one spray but this stuff is strong

What cologne are you using where one spray is too much? And if that's too much, what do you usually do? A quarter spray?

Polo Blue. I usually just put a little spray on my wrists then put that on my neck
I sprayed it on my shirt today so the smell was just sticking with me all through the morning, which made me think I had too much on I guess

Originally Posted by kdawg

^you're a guy - you don't spray your wrists.

Word? My dad showed me that a long time ago and it just stucked. He said they were hot spots or something, wrists and neck
Where am I supposed to put it then?

I agree with what a lot of others said - one spray to the chest. It's supposed to warm up and then evaporate off you - not overpower everyone within sight. It's a subtle thing.

Originally Posted by kdawg

^you're a guy - you don't spray your wrists.

Where's this in "The Rules"?
Not using an unmbrella?  Sure. 
But never heard that a guy can't spray his wrists with cologne..
The same concept as a woman doing it.  Pulse point.

-J-

lol @ cologne being a waste of money. I usually spray alot, but the fragrances I pick, because they're so complimentary to my own pesonal scent, overdoing it is impossible. I get nothing but compliments from the females. an dudes on the low send their females over to ask me what i have on when i'm out. lol.

my scented areas are usualy 4-5 sprays between the neck and chest and then spray some on my shirt. The amount of sprays is not really as important so much as the scent you pick working with your body chemistry.

Guys can't use umbrellas or spray cologne on their wrist?

Oh
laugh.gif

Spray cologne where your body generates more heat, neck, chest, etc. 2 sprays should suffice, 3 if it's a weaker fragrance.

Originally Posted by Freeze

lol @ cologne being a waste of money. I usually spray alot, but the fragrances I pick, because they're so complimentary to my own pesonal scent, overdoing it is impossible. I get nothing but compliments from the females. an dudes on the low send their females over to ask me what i have on when i'm out. lol.

my scented areas are usualy 4-5 sprays between the neck and chest and then spray some on my shirt. The amount of sprays is not really as important so much as the scent you pick working with your body chemistry.

What do you use?
I want to go buy some new ones now and switch it up  

I spray once on my left arm, and once on the right arm, then I rub it together....the smell lasts all day.
pimp.gif

I heard spraying cologne on your hair works too?

You're not "supposed" to rub it together, it alters and bruises the scent. By all means, though, if it works give it a try... but in my case rubbing it together doesn't last as long as letting it just dry.

I wouldn't recommend putting it in your hair, though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Freeze

What do you use?
I want to go buy some new ones now and switch it up  
homie got hit with the ban hammer and asked me to post this

well I'll just name a few of the softer scents I use, that'll allow you to spray a few times without worry.

-Jean Paul Gaultier should be in every man's stash.  It's my personal favorite. Women loooove this. 
-Armani Attitude is another scent that is very clutch.
-Yves Saint Laurant. I actually prefer the dark, but for you, given that you have polo blue, I say the light is a good choice.
- Givenchy Play Extreme is another one of my personal favorites. Very nice scent, somewhat light so a few sprays definitely wont hurt. Women love it. 
- Usher VIP is a solid scent as well.

I have close to 60 bottles of colognes, been wearing it since I was a kid. So I have good experience with alot of different scents, so I can be a good reviewer if you have any questions.  We, as men, want women that smell good. Well those women that smell good, would like that reciprocated.

i used to load up on the cologne because i thought it would wear off really quick (never even thought that i just became used to the smell so i wasn't noticing it), then at Nordstrom last year the lady said you only want to do one spray to the neck and one on each wrist because those are the heat points or w.e, and because the scent can soak into your clothes if you spray your chest and even after washing the clothes it could leave a stale smell

Back
Top Bottom