TOP 5 GROUPS IN HIP-HP HISTORY?

This might be harder than the top 5 dead or alive list.

Imma rock with.....

5)
epmd.jpg

4)
T028220A.jpg

3)
01_h.jpg

2)
B000002H82.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

1)
tribe01.gif

1. OutKast
2. UGK
3. Wu-Tang Clan
4. Binary Star
5. The Roots

Honorable Mention: CunninLynguists, De La Soul, ATCQ, Black Star

Wu was a legendary team built off of great indiviuals...but musically as a group...they nowhere close to top 5 in my book. They had one classic album, onereally good album and one recycle bin filler...as a group they not even on my radar.

Are they the best, most talented team/click in hip-hop history?....no question.

Matter fact I gotta revise that list check....I left out the whole reason I made this thread.

Edited.

Tribe
Gang Starr
De La
Black Moon

5. Nubians/EPMD/Kast/Wu/Mobb Deep/Beatnuts (pick any one of those. too hard to choose
tired.gif
)

This is a hard *** list to come up with.

But Wu don't deserve to be up there IMO....y'all judging them off of solo efforts not group collaborations.

Wu-TangClanEntertheWu-Tangalbumcover.jpg

Wu-Tang_Forever.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

200px-TheW.jpg

Ironflagcover.jpg

6a00d414488a3e3c7f00e398cae36c0002-320pi

Is not seeing ATCQ, BN, MD or PE...EPMD maybe you can make a case for...but they was always great indiviual MCs before a great group to me. I got the Roots andKast before them.

1) Wu Tang
2)Tribe Called Quest
3)Outkast
4)Gangstarr
5) NWA

IMO

Surprised nobody has said Bone Thugs either

Even Wu solo joints are (were) collective Wu projects with a majority Wu "guest appearances" & in house production. It's all the same to me.
And Forever is a classic. The W is a banger.

Not as hard as yall are making it seem...

5. ATCQ
4. Gang Starr
3. Roots
2. Kast
1. Wu Tang

Honorable mention to Black Star & Mecca and the Soul brother.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Even Wu solo joints are (were) collective Wu projects with a majority Wu "guest appearances" & in house production. It's all the same to me.
And Forever is a classic. The W is a banger.

By that argument...Roc-a-fella should be looked as a group, Duck Down has to be considered a group, The Dungeon Family, No Limit, Cash Money, etc....Thatain't fair to dudes that formed a choesive musical partnership and held it down year in and year out. Every member of the Wu has their own stlye andmission, they were united under Rza's vision to create a platform for the team to bracnh out.

Their solo albums are their solo albums and their group albums are their group albums....and I don't s think their 5 group efforts ae better than thenumerous classics from ATCQ, Gangstarr, OutKast, The Roots, PE, Brand Nub, De La, UGK, etc.

My choices would be...

1. Wu-Tang Clan
2. Outkast
3. Mobb Deep
4. Beastie Boys
5. Run DMC

Back
Top Bottom