Toyota vs Honda vs Nissan? Most Reliable brand, looking to eventually get a new car.

Copped a Camry ('08) this Summer. I got it for the same reasons you want one. It was relatively cheap, wanted something spacious and decent looking and most imporantly wanted reliability as I do ALOT of driving.

I got the basic Camry, kinda mad I didn't spend the extra on the XLE but whatever. It runs smoothly, expect its a 4-cylinder and at  times I wish it had better pick up, but honestly it gets the job done and it looks nice.

If you keep it clean you can't go wrong.

I test drove Hondas and Nissan's. I didn't really like either. The interior on Nissan's to me (The Altima's, not the Maxima's) was kinda cheap, much cheaper looking than anything Toyota puts out, IMO. Honda's didn't have as good a pick up and there was something I didn't like.

I was skeptical about the Toyota due to recall but I had mine inspected and everything, you should be good.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

UH........

Spoiler [+]
acura_rl_2003_4d.jpg

Spoiler [+]
Acura_Legend_GS_1994_20.jpg

SMOOTH as hell. But not seeing the LS400 from that time. I still want one
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

UH........

Spoiler [+]
acura_rl_2003_4d.jpg

Spoiler [+]
Acura_Legend_GS_1994_20.jpg

SMOOTH as hell. But not seeing the LS400 from that time. I still want one
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Copped a Camry ('08) this Summer. I got it for the same reasons you want one. It was relatively cheap, wanted something spacious and decent looking and most imporantly wanted reliability as I do ALOT of driving.

I got the basic Camry, kinda mad I didn't spend the extra on the XLE but whatever. It runs smoothly, expect its a 4-cylinder and at  times I wish it had better pick up, but honestly it gets the job done and it looks nice.

I test drove Hondas and Nissan's. I didn't really like either. The interior on Nissan's to me (The Altima's, not the Maxima's) was kinda cheap, much cheaper looking than anything Toyota puts out, IMO. Honda's didn't have as good a pick up and there was something I didn't like.

I was skeptical about the Toyota due to recall but I had mine inspected and everything, you should be good.
cool cool, like I said I like the 07-current body style for the Camrys, but could I realistically find one for 10=< ? lol not being cheap, but when I grad I dont want to be bombarded with Student loans, rent, and stupid car note.

cool cool, like I said I like the 07-current body style for the Camrys, but could I realistically find one for 10=< ? lol not being cheap, but when I grad I dont want to be bombarded with Student loans, rent, and stupid car note.

Can't go wrong with any of the Camcords. Get the Camry SE without the V6 to have the sportiness and to save on gas.

I know no one has mentioned the Fusion/Mazda6 sisters, but they might be cheaper used.

Save up for the current king, a new Hyundai Sonata?

Can't go wrong with any of the Camcords. Get the Camry SE without the V6 to have the sportiness and to save on gas.

I know no one has mentioned the Fusion/Mazda6 sisters, but they might be cheaper used.

Save up for the current king, a new Hyundai Sonata?

looking into getting a car soon too. Do u guys think a newer generation corolla for 10k is possible?

looking into getting a car soon too. Do u guys think a newer generation corolla for 10k is possible?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by scshift

My main thing is I just want a quite ride, and a body that will still look good in 5 years. Alot of the Hondas look to Fast and Furious for me, and everyone and there mom has a Altima now, but I guess that may be a good thing.
Get the Camry. They're solid now, maybe a little boring but safe. They're kind of overpriced because of the name, but they're reliable cars.

I'd recommend the SE V6. Quick and low key.
lol I`m really looking for a v4 whip man, lol riding 250 miles and using half a tank if a good look in my book. In terms of mileage, I`m looking for a whip to last me a decent amount of time, should i strictly look for cars with sub 50k miles or does it matter as long as the car is well maintained?

v4?????
indifferent.gif

they're 4 cyl's dude

Go with a Honda accord simple as that.

Originally Posted by scshift

My main thing is I just want a quite ride, and a body that will still look good in 5 years. Alot of the Hondas look to Fast and Furious for me, and everyone and there mom has a Altima now, but I guess that may be a good thing.
Get the Camry. They're solid now, maybe a little boring but safe. They're kind of overpriced because of the name, but they're reliable cars.

I'd recommend the SE V6. Quick and low key.
lol I`m really looking for a v4 whip man, lol riding 250 miles and using half a tank if a good look in my book. In terms of mileage, I`m looking for a whip to last me a decent amount of time, should i strictly look for cars with sub 50k miles or does it matter as long as the car is well maintained?

v4?????
indifferent.gif

they're 4 cyl's dude

Go with a Honda accord simple as that.

I have extensively driven all three brands from a Maxima GLE, two Camry v6 XLE, and a now Ridgeline RL. All of them had premium sound, leather, sunroof, and even navigation on the Ridgeline.
I would say that all three are fairly different, especially the Nissan from the other two.

The Nissan was definitely the most fun to drive as well as comfort but it was definitely the least reliable. The interior was pretty solid and had an awesome factory sound system. The Maxima was definitely a good mix of sport and luxury for a reasonable price.. at least in 96 anyway. But man, I have had terrible luck with the car as far as reliability. The AC went on it and the starter/ignition/we don't know, has prevented it from starting up right away, especially when it's hot out. I would assume that the quality on Nissan's have increased since the late 90's though. The Altima is a fantastic car and has a better value than the new Maxima, but man is the Max sexy.

My family was very close to buying a new Camry v6 XLE but we did a 180 and went with a truck. The new Camry although very nice to look at from the exterior, especially the SE(kind of rare to find), the interior was pretty lacking. I would also venture to say that the Toyota interior had the worse quality as far as trim and even buttons and such. Another thing that turned me off from Toyota was that their factory paint job was kind of sloppy. If you look at the bottom of the vehicle (noticed it on ALL the models) you can see small bubbles as well as streaks around the car. These were brand new vehicles by the way. The navigation was also weak because you can't program it while the car is in drive, just an FYI.

Honda is known as a very reliable and quality brand. We were also looking at Acura TL's and TSX's but ultimately went with a Ridgeline when we made a final decision. I was definitely more impressed with the Honda quality than I was with the Toyota. Their buttons and leather definitely felt nicer. I know plenty of people who drive older Accords and absolutely love them, and as a matter of fact, if i could get a cheap early 2000 Accord coupe or sedan, I would jump on it. I would also venture to say that Honda is sportier than Toyota, but not quite as sporty as Nissan.

If you have 10-15 grand to spend on a used car, I would highly recommend finding a 2000's Acura sedan of any style, especially the TL's pre '08. Those are so sick looking and all around awesome cars.
You could also try to find a newer but used TSX 4 cyl and still have a lot of fun but have a very efficient car with great quality. Or the Accord coupe and even sedan from 96-present.

Hope I helped.

I have extensively driven all three brands from a Maxima GLE, two Camry v6 XLE, and a now Ridgeline RL. All of them had premium sound, leather, sunroof, and even navigation on the Ridgeline.
I would say that all three are fairly different, especially the Nissan from the other two.

The Nissan was definitely the most fun to drive as well as comfort but it was definitely the least reliable. The interior was pretty solid and had an awesome factory sound system. The Maxima was definitely a good mix of sport and luxury for a reasonable price.. at least in 96 anyway. But man, I have had terrible luck with the car as far as reliability. The AC went on it and the starter/ignition/we don't know, has prevented it from starting up right away, especially when it's hot out. I would assume that the quality on Nissan's have increased since the late 90's though. The Altima is a fantastic car and has a better value than the new Maxima, but man is the Max sexy.

My family was very close to buying a new Camry v6 XLE but we did a 180 and went with a truck. The new Camry although very nice to look at from the exterior, especially the SE(kind of rare to find), the interior was pretty lacking. I would also venture to say that the Toyota interior had the worse quality as far as trim and even buttons and such. Another thing that turned me off from Toyota was that their factory paint job was kind of sloppy. If you look at the bottom of the vehicle (noticed it on ALL the models) you can see small bubbles as well as streaks around the car. These were brand new vehicles by the way. The navigation was also weak because you can't program it while the car is in drive, just an FYI.

Honda is known as a very reliable and quality brand. We were also looking at Acura TL's and TSX's but ultimately went with a Ridgeline when we made a final decision. I was definitely more impressed with the Honda quality than I was with the Toyota. Their buttons and leather definitely felt nicer. I know plenty of people who drive older Accords and absolutely love them, and as a matter of fact, if i could get a cheap early 2000 Accord coupe or sedan, I would jump on it. I would also venture to say that Honda is sportier than Toyota, but not quite as sporty as Nissan.

If you have 10-15 grand to spend on a used car, I would highly recommend finding a 2000's Acura sedan of any style, especially the TL's pre '08. Those are so sick looking and all around awesome cars.
You could also try to find a newer but used TSX 4 cyl and still have a lot of fun but have a very efficient car with great quality. Or the Accord coupe and even sedan from 96-present.

Hope I helped.

^ This man knows what he's talking about. The honda/acuras from 95-2002 are workhorses. The interiors hold up for years and as long as you maintain them they will not let u down. The same can be said for the lexus es and gs models, great cars indeed, along with the toyota avalon.

Good choice on the ridgeline too, i think its a hell of a truck and its the only truck I actually wanna buy in the future

^ This man knows what he's talking about. The honda/acuras from 95-2002 are workhorses. The interiors hold up for years and as long as you maintain them they will not let u down. The same can be said for the lexus es and gs models, great cars indeed, along with the toyota avalon.

Good choice on the ridgeline too, i think its a hell of a truck and its the only truck I actually wanna buy in the future

http://sanantonio.craigsl...5.html    2007 camry, if your going to wait till next fall you can have a small note.

Im going to buy a camry also next fall but i still have like two years of school. Im getting the 02-03 camry. <I dont believe in having a note also, its like backwards hustling to me.

http://sanantonio.craigsl...5.html    2007 camry, if your going to wait till next fall you can have a small note.

Im going to buy a camry also next fall but i still have like two years of school. Im getting the 02-03 camry. <I dont believe in having a note also, its like backwards hustling to me.

Save as long as you can

a0c25cdee78691759523c3ddcdd9ca6da2d44f2.jpg

My 09 Corolla S.  19k miles when purchased.  15.2 cash.  0 problems.  I commute 62 miles to work then 62 miles home.  39 MPG.  Doesn't look like a fuel efficient car (some what sporty).  Reliable. Safe. Good Looking (subjective i know).  More then happy with it

Save as long as you can

a0c25cdee78691759523c3ddcdd9ca6da2d44f2.jpg

My 09 Corolla S.  19k miles when purchased.  15.2 cash.  0 problems.  I commute 62 miles to work then 62 miles home.  39 MPG.  Doesn't look like a fuel efficient car (some what sporty).  Reliable. Safe. Good Looking (subjective i know).  More then happy with it

I'd say 08-2010 Honda Accords. If you got cash, I'd say Maxima. But if your not into looks and strapped on cash, get a camry. I'll post pictures of my accord, just dont have rims yet... =/

I'd say 08-2010 Honda Accords. If you got cash, I'd say Maxima. But if your not into looks and strapped on cash, get a camry. I'll post pictures of my accord, just dont have rims yet... =/

Back
Top Bottom