Toyota vs Honda vs Nissan? Most Reliable brand, looking to eventually get a new car.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by scshift

My main thing is I just want a quite ride, and a body that will still look good in 5 years. Alot of the Hondas look to Fast and Furious for me, and everyone and there mom has a Altima now, but I guess that may be a good thing.
Get the Camry. They're solid now, maybe a little boring but safe. They're kind of overpriced because of the name, but they're reliable cars.

I'd recommend the SE V6. Quick and low key.
lol I`m really looking for a v4 whip man, lol riding 250 miles and using half a tank if a good look in my book. In terms of mileage, I`m looking for a whip to last me a decent amount of time, should i strictly look for cars with sub 50k miles or does it matter as long as the car is well maintained?
If you dont care about looks consider getting the yaris, a full tank of gas will last you a month.. according to a friend of mine

Toyotas are the most reliable cars on the road.

My main thing is I just want a quite ride, and a body that will still look good in 5 years. Alot of the Hondas look to Fast and Furious for me, and everyone and there mom has a Altima now, but I guess that may be a good thing.
Get the Camry. They're solid now, maybe a little boring but safe. They're kind of overpriced because of the name, but they're reliable cars.

I'd recommend the SE V6. Quick and low key.
lol I`m really looking for a v4 whip man, lol riding 250 miles and using half a tank if a good look in my book. In terms of mileage, I`m looking for a whip to last me a decent amount of time, should i strictly look for cars with sub 50k miles or does it matter as long as the car is well maintained?
If you dont care about looks consider getting the yaris, a full tank of gas will last you a month.. according to a friend of mine

Toyotas are the most reliable cars on the road.

Originally Posted by Angryostrich

I wasnt in a rush to buy a car so I ended up leasing a 2010 Honda accord coupe . It's a very spacious coupe with a generous sized back row and trunk space. It looks great, and a v6 model is available if you want more power, I drive the v4  EX model. I came from driving a 1997 nissan quest so obviously the difference is night and day, the ride is very smooth. I'd recommend it, and the payments are fair (279 mo) 35 months.
sorta random...but i went from a 92 acura vigor to a 09 vw jetta. $@$% was like waking up in a new body

Originally Posted by Angryostrich

I wasnt in a rush to buy a car so I ended up leasing a 2010 Honda accord coupe . It's a very spacious coupe with a generous sized back row and trunk space. It looks great, and a v6 model is available if you want more power, I drive the v4  EX model. I came from driving a 1997 nissan quest so obviously the difference is night and day, the ride is very smooth. I'd recommend it, and the payments are fair (279 mo) 35 months.
sorta random...but i went from a 92 acura vigor to a 09 vw jetta. $@$% was like waking up in a new body

I think reliability for all three has come a long way. Personally, I'm generally the most scared of electrical reliability. Whether you're mechanically handy or not, most mechanical problems are easily self-fixable. People are scared to take some hand tools to their car but trust me there are plenty of DIY guides for each car brand and models out on the net that makes it fool proof with pictorial guides and forums where guys are good enough to have you call them and run you through the process. You can save BIG $$ by doing most repairs yourself. The reason I bring up the question of electrical reliability is because theyre the hardest to diagnose imo. Even a simple grounding wire with corroded end can drive you insane trying to figure it out.

I'm not personally aware of either 3 having any major electrical reliability issues. Mechanically they've all come a long way and as long as you do your predictive and preventative maintenance they should run for a very very long time. I had a friend that drove his old camry to just under 700K (in kms) before it was beyond repairs he could do without justifying the amount of money he'd be required to put into it. I don't know why people say oh i got mine from an old person who drove it very carefully and its very clean. I'd rather get a high mileage unit from someone that did all the required work before anything failed than someone that fixed their car as things failed. Good luck in your search.

I think reliability for all three has come a long way. Personally, I'm generally the most scared of electrical reliability. Whether you're mechanically handy or not, most mechanical problems are easily self-fixable. People are scared to take some hand tools to their car but trust me there are plenty of DIY guides for each car brand and models out on the net that makes it fool proof with pictorial guides and forums where guys are good enough to have you call them and run you through the process. You can save BIG $$ by doing most repairs yourself. The reason I bring up the question of electrical reliability is because theyre the hardest to diagnose imo. Even a simple grounding wire with corroded end can drive you insane trying to figure it out.

I'm not personally aware of either 3 having any major electrical reliability issues. Mechanically they've all come a long way and as long as you do your predictive and preventative maintenance they should run for a very very long time. I had a friend that drove his old camry to just under 700K (in kms) before it was beyond repairs he could do without justifying the amount of money he'd be required to put into it. I don't know why people say oh i got mine from an old person who drove it very carefully and its very clean. I'd rather get a high mileage unit from someone that did all the required work before anything failed than someone that fixed their car as things failed. Good luck in your search.

I dont plan on buying a new car, its just the body styles from those brands that I liked were primarily from 06-10 and a 06 whip with 100k miles sounds kind of
sick.gif
, and all so I didnt want a car that was 10 years old honestly. Like I said if I can find someting with a nice spacious body for under 10k its a wrap.
Oh makes sense. Yeah look into Acuras as well as used Lexus. Both are pretty cheap on ebay/craigslist and are solid luxury cars. I'd normally recommend the Honda Civic but you said you wanted a spacious car, so the Camry or the Accord is probably the best one. Just watch out for the 08-09 models, I believe those were the ones with the faulty brake issues. Of course they fixed it, but if you're paranoid, you can avoid those.

My only gripe with Luxury cars is the cost of maintenance. my roomate has I wanna say an 06 ES300, looks really good, prob has like 100k or so miles. Honestly Acuras just never really appealed to me, II've seen a few that do look nice, might have been TLs but they look funny to me
Japanese luxury cars aren't usually as high maintenance as European/German luxury vehicles. In fact, you could consider the Lexus to just be a Toyota with leather seats/wood trim. They use the same platform and drivetrains, it's just the branding and the materials that's different.

Lexus is a very reliable brand, but if you want to go cheaper, check out the Camry/Accord. Sounds best for what you're looking for.

I dont plan on buying a new car, its just the body styles from those brands that I liked were primarily from 06-10 and a 06 whip with 100k miles sounds kind of
sick.gif
, and all so I didnt want a car that was 10 years old honestly. Like I said if I can find someting with a nice spacious body for under 10k its a wrap.
Oh makes sense. Yeah look into Acuras as well as used Lexus. Both are pretty cheap on ebay/craigslist and are solid luxury cars. I'd normally recommend the Honda Civic but you said you wanted a spacious car, so the Camry or the Accord is probably the best one. Just watch out for the 08-09 models, I believe those were the ones with the faulty brake issues. Of course they fixed it, but if you're paranoid, you can avoid those.

My only gripe with Luxury cars is the cost of maintenance. my roomate has I wanna say an 06 ES300, looks really good, prob has like 100k or so miles. Honestly Acuras just never really appealed to me, II've seen a few that do look nice, might have been TLs but they look funny to me
Japanese luxury cars aren't usually as high maintenance as European/German luxury vehicles. In fact, you could consider the Lexus to just be a Toyota with leather seats/wood trim. They use the same platform and drivetrains, it's just the branding and the materials that's different.

Lexus is a very reliable brand, but if you want to go cheaper, check out the Camry/Accord. Sounds best for what you're looking for.

sick.gif

so is paying 10-14k for a Lexus with 70-150k miles is good? lol

sick.gif

so is paying 10-14k for a Lexus with 70-150k miles is good? lol

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by KeonClark7

I've worked at Honda and Toyota manufacturing plants as an engineer. Toyota just seems to do it better.

3 years without a single problem.

pimp.gif

I never got a solid response about the mileage thing though

I want one of these on the low
pimp.gif
yep, look wise ..toyota might be a bit boring, but they just seem to last a bit longer then Nissan and Honda ..and i use to own a 92 accord and 98 240sx ...

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by KeonClark7

I've worked at Honda and Toyota manufacturing plants as an engineer. Toyota just seems to do it better.

3 years without a single problem.

pimp.gif

I never got a solid response about the mileage thing though

I want one of these on the low
pimp.gif
yep, look wise ..toyota might be a bit boring, but they just seem to last a bit longer then Nissan and Honda ..and i use to own a 92 accord and 98 240sx ...

What are you guys thoughts of buying a Luxury car with 100k+ miles on it?

Seen this sexy 5 series 04 BMW with 100k on it for 14,400

What are you guys thoughts of buying a Luxury car with 100k+ miles on it?

Seen this sexy 5 series 04 BMW with 100k on it for 14,400

Back
Top Bottom