Tupac Shakur: The Most Interesting Man In The World (Long Read, But Worth It)

gonna stay out of this one.

I get legit angry when folks say Pac was fake. smh.
IMO he totally lowered himself by indulging in all that thug life nonsense. He'd still be alive if he ain't let Suge put the battery in his back.

And that's what I find fake about him. Talk about uplifting women and the black community and how we gonna persevere and then releases Makaveli The Don Killumaniti: The 7 Day Theory, one of the most hateful rap albums I've ever heard :lol: :smh:

But the Makaveli album did have uplifting/positive songs though. Aside from that, there's like 5-6 records on there that I wouldn't even consider hateful rap. That alone is half the album right there.

Exactly.

Die In LA
Krazy
Blasphemy
White Man's World
Hold Ya Head

Probably the most balanced album ever. He had the songs where was dissing dudes, the female songs, the celebration song, the knowledge song, the positive songs. Classic album. :pimp:

The man was set up to get robbed and had people talking while he was in prison. What he supposed to not respond? You wouldn't have any hatered in you after that? Y'all dudes funny.

All-around bad situation cuz I feel like both Pac and Big got caught up. Pac was doing too much and Big shoulda never went back to LA.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Die In LA
Krazy
Blasphemy
White Man's World
Hold Ya Head

Probably the most balanced album ever. He the songs where was dissing dudes, the female songs, the celebration song, the knowledge song, the positive songs. Classic album.
pimp.gif

The man was set up to get robbed and had people talking while he was in prison. What he supposed to not respond? You wouldn't have any hatered in you after that? Y'all dudes funny.

All-around bad situation cuz I feel like both Pac and Big got caught up. Pac was doing too much and Big shoulda never went back to LA.
He responded to the wrong dude tho...Common sense should have told him BIG had nothing to do with it...

Fraud ***** no matter how you slice it. It's no wonder that Pac went out just like a lot of lost ****** in the hood today.....self-inflicted wounds and pointless violence. Typical *****.

gonna stay out of this one.

I get legit angry when folks say Pac was fake. smh.
IMO he totally lowered himself by indulging in all that thug life nonsense. He'd still be alive if he ain't let Suge put the battery in his back.

And that's what I find fake about him. Talk about uplifting women and the black community and how we gonna persevere and then releases Makaveli The Don Killumaniti: The 7 Day Theory, one of the most hateful rap albums I've ever heard :lol: :smh:

But the Makaveli album did have uplifting/positive songs though. Aside from that, there's like 5-6 records on there that I wouldn't even consider hateful rap. That alone is half the album right there.
To Live & Die in L.A is a great song.

For the most part the album is just hating. Can't even really rank it cuz of that. Even in songs that aren't disses there's at least a verse or a few bars ******* on some East coast rapper :lol:

Those 6 songs you're claiming are positive ain't balancing out the hate.

Where exactly was Pac ******* on east coast rappers on Hail Mary, To Live & Die In LA, Just Like Daddy, Hold Ya Head, White Man's World, Blasphemy, Me & My Girlfriend, or Krazy? Hell even on Life Of An Outlaw he wasn't taking shots at anybody. That's a total of 9 songs. Which makes it 75% of the album without ******* on east coast rappers. You sure we're talking about the same album here? :lol:

Last edited:
He responded to the wrong dude tho...Common sense should have told him BIG had nothing to do with it...

PAC knew big ain't have nothing to do with it. In an interview with Sway he actually said that. You think he was beefing with big because he really hated him? He plotted all that while locked up. It was to create controversy to create dialogue. It wasn't personal dude had a business mind. Same thing what Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and all of them TV dudes do, including some policiticans. Might have gone a little extreme with it tho! Which is what I think cost him his life.

Last edited:
To be certain, Pac definitely got a little bit out his body after signing with Death Row, although as a number of posters in here have explained, it was somewhat understandable given the totality of the circumstances. Pac also wasn't some certified LA OG shot-caller. These things are pretty much obvious.

Beyond that, though, I've never understood the "Pac was fake" talk. I mean, dude developed in his mothers womb while she was sitting in a prison cell for conspiracy against the NYPD. His whole family was Panthers and revolutionaries. He grew up in abject poverty and under government surveillance in some of the worst hoods in the United States. His mother became a crack addict during his adolescence. He shot two white off-duty cops while they were harassing a black motorist. He told some real gangsters in NY to kick rocks when they tried to extort him. They then robbed and tried to kill him. He still wouldn't be silenced and called them out on record and exposed their cooperation with federal law enforcement. He (stupidly) rose for the guys that helped him get out of prison.

What am I not understanding?

Most of the time the same dudes bashing Pac will big-up BIG in the next breath when he was a private school kid with a schoolteacher mother whose childhood was nice and comfortable. But BIG was "real" and Pac wasn't? [emoji]128580[/emoji]

PAC knew big ain't have nothing to do with it. In an interview with Sway he actually said that. You think he was beefing with big because he really hated him? He plotted all that while locked up. It was to create controversy to create dialogue. It wasn't personal dude had a business mind. Might have gone a little extreme with it tho! Which is what I think cost him his life.
He stated while in Jail strangers told him Big Homie Shot em...

BIG took Pac back his burner in the hospital then he turned on em Pac was 1 shady hatin MF 

One thing for sure tho is, at barely 25 he put it down. To not have any respect for what he did from a cultural stand point, that's totally ridiculous to me, but that's just my POV. People always make it a big vs pac issue, but from a more objective look at things you gotta understand and put yourself in his shoes to get why he chose to make certain moves the way he did. Capitalism is a mutha at times.

One thing for sure tho is, at barely 25 he put it down. To not have any respect for what he did from a cultural stand point, that's totally ridiculous to me, but that's just my POV. People always make it a big vs pac issue, but from a more objective look at things you gotta understand and put yourself in his shoes to get why he chose to make certain moves the way he did. Capitalism is a mutha at times.
He was desperate to get out the pen I get it....But in reality at the time Jail was prbly the best thing for him

He died owing Suge millions of dollars 

He was desperate to get out the pen I get it....But in reality at the time Jail was prbly the best thing for him

He died owing Suge millions of dollars 

I agree with the jail thing you said. I always thought he should have just went ahead and took all his talents to acting, but I don't think his roots with his last name and the panthers allowed him to release himself from that commitment. He really ain't have to go to those levels of extremes for "his people" IMO. Loyal to a fault, to people and his own ambitions. God works in mysterious ways and that bid was prolly made for him to take inventory. Maybe 11 months wasn't enough.

Last edited:

There's nothing brave, heroic, or glorifying about dying at the age of 25 because of your own self-inflicted wounds or work-ethic. I don't care what dudes say. At the end of the day he went out like a majority in the hood today......death by his own actions. Stop glorifying a FRAUD and a lost *****.

Deuce,

Why do you think these dudes idolize Pac to the point where they get ANGRY when someone questions his authenticity.

Honestly it always seemed to me that people who were fans of artists pac dissed were the angry ones. I'm just calling things how I see it, not from a fan perspective, but looking at the situation objectively. Ain't no bias. I enjoy the culture of hip-hop, it ain't about versus. You're prolly a grown man with a jay z avatar on here, so I can understand where you're coming from. I hope we're here to bounce personal perspectives and exchange view points, not to be fanatics. Nobody is saying Pac wasn't reckless and extreme at times, but are we talking about him being influential and interesting or the dude's character flaws? What does the title of this thing say lol? Obviously his impulsive behavior ended his life, but was/is he influential even after death? Cmon man.

Last edited:
Ive heard dudes claim damn near every rapper is fake and putting on a persona behind the mic.

And if that is the case, why exactly are those same people singleing out pac exclusively?

Being that ***** brings hate.

No one hates on #2. Never hear anyone hate on BIG. Never hear anyone hate on nas.

Let pac be.

People dont understand how real that life pac tried to portray once he started to claim really is...its a different animal here..my favorite rapper, but yeah dude wasnt bout this life

Honestly it always seemed to me that people who were fans of artists pac dissed were the angry ones. I'm just calling things how I see it, not from a fan perspective, but looking at the situation objectively.
I found his disses more hysterical than anything. At the time I just enjoyed the beef.

I couldn't take him lashing out at the Fugees seriously.

It really came down like he thought Big set him up or got convinced of it and never let it go.

When I listen to his albums chronologically it's hard not to notice the swerve.

I haven't encountered many today still angry at some incendiary diss songs and albums but in this thread we got ppl legit claiming they're angry if Pac's authenticity is questioned.

Should be something ppl
No one hates on #2. Never hear anyone hate on BIG. Never hear anyone hate on nas.

Let pac be.
:rofl: This is a damn lie.

Also PAC ain't get singled out, this is a Pac thread about things OP wanted to share that he thought most ppl don't know about.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a valid "fake" argument from anyone.

You have a guy with the black panther ties and all drama that came with that, an unstable childhood. Then you try and start a music career and successfully dab into the acting world, meanwhile the media tries to crucify you as often as possible. All this happening while you are in your early twenties. Then you end up in jail falsely accused , got your freedom taken away.

A man who is just as powerful as a mafia Don bails you out of prison. You come home to envelopes of cash. You come home Dr.Dre and Snoop Dogg in their prime at the biggest record label and an army of gang members at your side. That's like one of the wildest stories of all time. :wow:

With all that power and money and Suge putting the battery in your back to say do what he thinks you should do.

With no time to settle down and think how can you judge him or his life and downplay his legacy. Yes he made mistakes but to play Monday Morning quarterback and judge dude to me is "fake".

Pac wasn't a grown man , he was still young and last time I checked at a age where you can be misguided and led in the wrong direction

Pac got brainwashed in the pen he knew damn well BIG had nothing to do with him getting popped

That was discussed in here years ago. The homie Ill Phillip I believe dropped a lot of knowledge about the whole Bigge/Pac situation. Apparently Pac had a convo w/ Biggie about it and said he knew they had nothing to do w/ the Quad Studios shooting but was trying to sell the records or something of that nature.

Yo! This thread just made re-listen to "Me Against The World". I appreciate it way more than I did when I gave it a half listen as a youngin.

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom