Tupac Shakur: The Most Interesting Man In The World (Long Read, But Worth It)

You'll never get a fan to even entertain the idea.

People really believe the actions of the people they idolize somehow reflects on them as a person. It doesnt. Shoot it cant, because in reality you dont know these people.

Him being a fake thug doesnt take away from his music or anything that he gave to the world. Most people see as, "Pac was a genius, but he was on one with that Thug Life ****. That was all Shug." Thats it.

People act like its a diss or something.

This is what most people can agree with. I'm a big Pac fan and I see through the facade, but like I mentioned in an earlier post, it could have been a cloak he donned as a suit of armor or something that he felt he needed.

Now there are some that say "He was faking the Thug Life mantra so he was faking everything" that's what most people are probably defending. I for one don't think that a person who was as versatile as he was musically could be this cold, heartless dude, and he's shown me to be correct :lol:

Was low key waiting for ComptonPrince to chime in. Homie's like the Cali rap Wikipedia. :lol: :smokin

That whole gangsta image was more than him just wanting to be a thug.

He had a message to spread and to reach the ones he wanted to unite and militarize, he had to present himself as relatable to them.

/thread.

2pac had a plan, and that was a huge part of it.

****** stay speaking on **** they know absolutely nothing about. Take that to the kanye thread.

Fake what tho?

The notion of humans being complex and having more than one side to them always goes out the window when someone wants to talk down on Pac.
Facts, but bring up bathrooms and watch how cats reach to astronomical levels. SMH

Thug Life was created with an agenda deeper than music. Some will argue that he wasn't as hard as the image he was portraying during his Death Row days. But when you've been shot, accused of rape, sent to prison, and everyone turns their backs on you I think you'd also come out a different person. The anger and rage consumed him. Joining Death Row was just adding fuel to the fire. In the end what really matters here is his music though. And that was as real as it gets. As far as him being a fake thug or not here's what Pac had to say-

And yes, I am gonna say that I’m a thug, that’s because I came from the gutter and I’m still here. I’m not saying I’m a thug because I wanna rob you or rape people and things. I’m a business man, I mean you know I’m a business man because you find me at my places of buisness.
-Tupac Shakur

Last edited:
What do you guys define as thug when you say he's a fake thug? To me it's someone who's been through a lot and don't give a ****! Y'all mistaking it for a hoodlum.

Sure, he seems a little different in that performing arts school interview. Most likely his teens in that. Did you all discover your identity that age? I sure as hell didn't and I know I'm a different person from that era. We all go through things and its up to us to decide how we want to be. And Pac def did go through some ****, he chose that route, and faced some consequences when **** got too deep. That's his life, who are we to judge his actions? He left a mark that will be remembered for ages.

In my opinion yes.

Real doesnt always entail gangsta **** tho.

Snoop does real gangsta **** as well as real positive ****

Theres so many stories...events...etc i dont eem want to argue.

To this day snoop is like that og dude in the hood lol.

The fact that he hasn't really changed his persona and is so popular worldwide and with so many demographics is amazing lol.

Is Snoop "realer" than Tupac?

I'd say so.

Pac went out of his way to find trouble and it ultimately caused his own demise.

Snoop caught that murder charge in the mid 90's and said **** all that extra street **** and finessed his way into becoming a pop culture icon, not to mention the stuff he does to give back to the hood with the football leagues and ****. And he's still very respected in the trenches all while being probably the most recognizable rap artist ever.

If you ask the average 70 year old white woman to name 3 rappers she'd tell you Snoop, maaaaaybe Hov, and draw a blank on the last one.

You also don't really ever hear about anyone having any issues wit Snoop. He just the cool OG.

Last edited:
I view Black Panther Jr Pac as the legit Pac.

The fake thug dude is the counterfeit Pac. That was his gimmick. His character. A monster he allowed to get bigger than he could handle

Ummm being on a scale that big where people come for you head would cause that change. Legit Pac Panther Jr had been robbed, beat, falsely accused of numerous charges, accused of rape, shot up? Tell me any of those events couldn't change a mans mind-state or outlook?

People acting like Pac did a 180 and turned from a uplifting pro-black supporter to thug just because :lol:

cmon dog you smarter than that

Last edited:
Is Snoop "realer" than Tupac?
Snoop isnt even on the tough guy persona anymore

Even still, he was more of the cool type. Sure he spoke that rah rah stuff every once in a while but nowhere near the amount of fakin pac did

Pac was a great rapper but dude was a fake g, n i think thats where the fakeness komes from...his music had real messages, but his persona didnt add up...shoulda stayed in his lane...why you tryna push positivity n change while tryna gangbang...kats tryna change the definition of thug n ****, nah homie, a thug, in my experience, is someone out there puttin in work day in day out...shoutout the dead homies n the ones doin time

Pac believed his own hype when he started ACTING like what he thought a thug was. Coming from where he was from....he was built for it by default. Like imagine if NAS started wildin after Illmatic. It wasn't necessary. But Pac became paranoid, empowered and bought into it. Like he said in that interview with Monster Kody...he started out with the movement, then urned to the banging. The opposite of what Monster and other dudes in the system were doing. I think Pac legitimately wanted to unite and empower the brothers that were lost...he himself got lost slightly in the way.

Nonetheless, A brilliant man. And definitely "real" in many senses. He was never "soft", or anything like that. Just a guy that grew up in some of the worst hoods in America....was super talented, and inspired people. At the time he died, he didn't reach who he wanted to grow into yet. He got sidetracked. But there's, "2 sides to a ***** though."

The thing I found the most "Fake" about Pac was how hard he went for the west coast. He spent his first 17-18 years on the East Coast....then moved out Oakland. When he was wildin.....he wa making "To live and die in LA".

That was phony. All in all, he still a legend and a real one at the end of the day :pimp:.

Listening to his music and hearing alot of his interviews, he was brilliant.

To simply discredit him and call him "fake" because the media programmed you to think he was a thug is wack.

Just listen to the Wayans brothers talk about him and how he was behind closed doors and you'll get a good sense of what he was really like.

He wasn't a thug.

How would you act if you just got out of prison after being wrongfully accused of rape, someone tried to kill you and you around the biggest and toughest rap label with nothing but bloods? You wouldn't be fired up and think **** everyone? He got caught up in his surroundings but I would never call him fake. Grew up in a household that was heavily involved in the movement. He was heavily influenced.

Back
Top Bottom