Twitter fingers Vol shaq vs mcgee

People are wild trying to relate middle-school type bullying scenario to the NBA. They must assume Kobe, MJ, KG, G.Payton and alike talk about the weather and ask each other how family is on court. :lol:

Exactly. Fans recognize it too. Ratings are lower than ever.

Lmao

This is such BS.

_

Last edited:
Rare time I agree with Charles and Shaq on a single topic.

Super sensitive *** players.

Super sensitive generation

swear they dont care about anything
cant stop posting about how they feel

i've now watched this sequence a few dozen times...now i guess you could say it exhibits poor decision making or displays hustle...to the extent mcgee has a reputation for the former people are so eager to get these jokes off that they can't see the latter. it is probably frustrating to have even your effort plays turned into jokes, and it isn't as if javale is an all-star, he is just barely a rotation player...so jabs from stuff like shaqtin' may have more sting for him

it's probably true that players (and probably just younger people generally) today at least appear more sensitive and maybe there is more coddling of players...but it's tough compare it to the previous era because today is nothing like what it was even 5 years ago much less so 10, 20 years ago; imagine if there were all the various media we have now, back in previous eras? where not only is it your local media, but fam, fans, friends, memes, videos, all dissecting your game, almost in real time, seeing all the @s & mentions about it....and then having an unfiltered direct line of communication outlet to the world...as much as people want to say these guys should expect criticism & ridicule because of their higher profile profession, the reality is no one is immune...

javale definitely overreacted, but you can kinda understand why -doesn't excuse it- he would spaz out, shaq on the other hand escalated the situation, if he would have stated something along the lines of what he said in the above vid, there is no issue, however shaq decided to play tough guy...

MJ is my fave player of all time but to tell me he wasn't coddled like the players of today?

People are wild trying to relate middle-school type bullying scenario to the NBA. They must assume Kobe, MJ, KG, G.Payton and alike talk about the weather and ask each other how family is on court. :lol:
Lmao

This is such BS.

_

:lol:
Payton, Jordan, miller, used to do their talking on the court not on a publicly televised show and weren't going at the same guy regularly. It was more to get into their opponents head.

A lot of false equivalency's here.

Last edited:
i've now watched this sequence a few dozen times...now i guess you could say it exhibits poor decision making or displays hustle...to the extent mcgee has a reputation for the former people are so eager to get these jokes off that they can't see the latter. it is probably frustrating to have even your effort plays turned into jokes, and it isn't as if javale is an all-star, he is just barely a rotation player...so jabs from stuff like shaqtin' may have more sting for him

it's probably true that players (and probably just younger people generally) today at least appear more sensitive and maybe there is more coddling of players...but it's tough compare it to the previous era because today is nothing like what it was even 5 years ago much less so 10, 20 years ago; imagine if there were all the various media we have now, back in previous eras? where not only is it your local media, but fam, fans, friends, memes, videos, all dissecting your game, almost in real time, seeing all the @s & mentions about it....and then having an unfiltered direct line of communication outlet to the world...as much as people want to say these guys should expect criticism & ridicule because of their higher profile profession, the reality is no one is immune...

javale definitely overreacted, but you can kinda understand why -doesn't excuse it- he would spaz out, shaq on the other hand escalated the situation, if he would have stated something along the lines of what he said in the above vid, there is no issue, however shaq decided to play tough guy...

all good points.

:lol:
Payton, Jordan, miller, used to do their talking on the court not on a publicly televised show and weren't going at the same guy regularly. It was more to get into their opponents head.

A lot of false equivalency's here.

the Barkley vs Bavetta kiss on the lips was shown on TV for years, probably still is

the Barkley vs Shaq fight with Barkley closing his eyes

everytime they have an excuse, they show it again

i know Javele attempted to come at Shaq before, but didnt Draymond start all this up again? with the accusations of bullying?

wasnt he JUST actively bullying Durant but trying to disguise it as motivation?

the Barkley vs Bavetta kiss on the lips was shown on TV for years, probably still is

the Barkley vs Shaq fight with Barkley closing his eyes

everytime they have an excuse, they show it again

What dose a 1 time clip being show on different occasions have to do with constant jabs at somebody on the same show every segment?

That's still a false equivalency

Loved SHaq's reasoning how the Shaqtin' segment helped make Otto Porter great.

Idiot.

What dose a 1 time clip being show on different occasions have to do with constant jabs at somebody on the same show every segment?

That's still a false equivalency

those were constant jabs too

mutiple times on the same show for years

Shaq is maybe the most sensitive dude associated with the NBA. His skin is incredibly thin, and he feels the need to respond with hostility and try to assert a position of superiority in response to every little jab and joke. And he's the one complaining about Javale McGee being sensitive?

[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Shaq is maybe the most sensitive dude associated with the NBA. His skin is incredibly thin, and he feels the need to respond with hostility to every little jab and joke. And he's the one complaining about Javale McGee being sensitive?

[emoji]128514[/emoji]
facts. shaq is a giant sized *****

those were constant jabs too

mutiple times on the same show for years

Brah you talking about a fight getting replayed (a single incident in time) multiple times on air. We talking about a guy who is getting mentioned day in and out having his intelligence questioned by the same personality for making mistakes on the court to the point he now has a nick name tragic Bronson. I'm not seeing where you find these two situations being similar maybe I'm out of the loop.

Brah you talking about a fight getting replayed (a single incident in time) multiple times on air. We talking about a guy who is getting mentioned day in and out having his intelligence questioned by the same personality for making mistakes on the court to the point he now has a nick name tragic Bronson. I'm not seeing where you find these two situations being similar maybe I'm out of the loop.

your argument was 'on the court' vs 'on a publicly televised show'.

i gave examples of Shaq and Barkley also being roasted 'on a publicly televised show'.
(Sam Cassell too btw)

now you wanna move the goalpost to 'single incident in time' vs 'mentioned day in and out'?

nah, im good.

Idiot.
That was Shaq being dumb and taking credit.

The underlying point is still there though; become a better player, limit the mistakes you make on the court and you won't find yourself as an all-star on Shaqtin A Fool.

a lot of these older players are very reluctant to give props to these young bloods that ball out. in their mind, they will never say players/teams from current generation are better

Idiot.
That was Shaq being dumb and taking credit.

The underlying point is still there though; become a better player, limit the mistakes you make on the court and you won't find yourself as an all-star on Shaqtin A Fool.

If you believe Shaq was playing dumb, then that's on you.

Every player in the NBA is prone to brain farts. This is what Kenny was alluding to. Happens to EVERYONE.

Back
Top Bottom