Two inches of snow turns Atlanta into the set of the Walking Dead

YO BLINKIN GLAD U SAFE BE

FOR THE LONGEST TIME, MAYBE CUZ OF YOURE 182 AVY I THOUGHT U WERE FROM CALI LOL

Man... Was NOT expecting this tread to be made. :rofl: :rofl:

I was on the highway for 7 hours yesterday. My commute is typically 40 minutes at BEST :lol:

but... how can such little snow cause that bad of a traffic backup.. In NY , even with snow, people keep it moving on the highway. Maybe not fast, but **** still moves.

:nerd: seriously

was there NO SALT dropped before the "storm" hit
the entire city NEVER drive on snow or iced roads before .....what?

Last edited:
I from Minnesota so it was nothin to me....

But I was in traffic for 6 hours watching accidents happen left nd right smh...

I just abandoned my car and walked I couldn't take seeing idiots slipping on ice mashing the gas :smh:

the point was certain regions have weather conditions that the residents can handle better than others..... 

the south/plains states are prepped for tornados.... the west coast for mudslides.... up north for the snow.... florida for hurricanes

god damn y'all ****** gotta be spoon fed everything to understand 

wanna take the comparison literally.... smh 

again, the point was about being prepared.... 

mu****as was in jersey putting up ply wood from old skate ramps .... in miami the crib comes standard with metal, bolted storm shutters 

no one is ever "prepared" for these things

the forecasters actually predicted it right, imo..

people down here are just skeptical as hell because this type of weather is a rarity.

THIS WAS FORECASTED THOUGH.

HAD PEOPLE IN THE NORTHEAST CHOPPING UP ABOUT IT.

"U HEARD THE SOUTH GETTING HIT W SNOW"

I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT OF NT CUZ NOT THE NORTHEAST, BUT THE SOUTH MEMBERS THEMSELVES LAUGH AT THE PISS POOR JOB LOACL GOV DOES W SNOW

They totally overreacted. You are completely right. Who else would go into panic mode when your neighborhood getting burned down and houses getting washed away? Not people down in Miami.
Dont live on a ****** coast if you dont want to be put thru this... smh, sad how jersey wanted everyone to help out. like noooo, no one gives a **** about dirty jers. do you see animals staying in the same spot when bad weather comes? no, theyre smart enough to MOVE!

people down here are just skeptical as hell because this type of weather is a rarity.
home come the schools didn't get shut down before hand? 

back when i was in school soon as the word "snow" was even mentioned **** was shut down.... the local news would scroll which schools were closed and ****** acted like they won the lottery when theirs popped up... 

YO BLINKIN GLAD U SAFE BE

FOR THE LONGEST TIME, MAYBE CUZ OF YOURE 182 AVY I THOUGHT U WERE FROM CALI LOL

Shoot, I wish I were in Cali right now. I'm originally from up North... So I've seen actual snow. But Atlanta never snows, so the city's unpreparedness came as no real surprise. A lot of it comes from the over all congestion within the perimeter. Like Mayor Reed said yesterday... It was roughly one million people trying to leave the city yesterday. This chaos on the highways was bound to happen. People down here don't know how to drive in the snow. I can tell you how many folks I saw spin out and crash into other. Like I said... My 40 minute commute turned in to a 7 hour stint. I could have made it damn near to Illinois in that time :rofl:

Saw one mf SPEEDING through the snow. Two miles later...

View media item 773237
:smh:

That's probably exactly what happened. Usually when there is a mention of ice or snow things get canceled.

Those icy roads seem dangerous, damn. 2 inches of snow doesn't call for a whole shut down of the city though.

Those icy roads seem dangerous, damn. 2 inches of snow doesn't call for a whole shut down of the city though.
IN ATL IT DOES.

THEY DONT HAVE DA MANPOWER TO PREP THEIR ROADS AND ATL IS A LAAAAAAARGE METRO CITY.

WE UP NORTH HAVE IT OK SINCE WE ARE CONGESTED (LOL ACTUALLY ITS A BAD THING)

home come the schools didn't get shut down before hand? 

back when i was in school soon as the word "snow" was even mentioned **** was shut down.... the local news would scroll which schools were closed and ****** acted like they won the lottery when theirs popped up... 
that's what i was trying to figure out yesterday as i seen all them buses on the way home..

fulton county schools pretty much admitted that they ****** up and dropped the ball.

It shouldn't be, but i guess thats what happens when you constantly take money out of the snow budget to fund other things

by "prepared" i mean this.... 

it's standard for homes in south florida to come with hurricane shutters 

in georgia kids do tornado drills in school .... 

in the plains states people buy underground shelters.... 

cities like Chicago and Green Bay having a fleet of snow plows... 

things like that... 

obviously there's no plan to save everyone... but when you experience the same weather conditions year over year you get resources and plans together for when it comes 

if your city never experiences these conditions, u dont worry too much about em.... but when they do come, it catches u off guard and u may not be as ready to handle it as a place that's use to it 

this asian man from the starburst commercial looking *** dude been a troll.
laugh.gif

hqdefault.jpg

nah, i'm chilling on my day off.
LMAO HOLY CRAP YOURE RIGHT.

FINNA USE THIS AS MY NEXT HALLOWEEN COSTUME

SNOW BUNNIES LOVE DA RAINBOW
znrncy.jpg

lmao they really do look alike though nt yall silly

this asian man from the starburst commercial looking *** dude been a troll.
laugh.gif

hqdefault.jpg

nah, i'm chilling on my day off.
LMAO HOLY CRAP YOURE RIGHT.

FINNA USE THIS AS MY NEXT HALLOWEEN COSTUME

SNOW BUNNIES LOVE DA RAINBOW
 ​
znrncy.jpg
 ​
lmao they really do look alike though nt yall silly​
CHILL B. U KNOW AZN COMPARISON PICS ARE A TABOO.

TRILLUMINATED BOUT TO GET DA BANZ

Back
Top Bottom