Unemployment is sky rocketing...how many of you have been able to keep a job?

I was one of the first to go at my job, and I was the only person left in my department. *%***@ management sent my store to hell as soon as the layoffs began.4 people including manager closing a damn retail store every night. Oh well, thats what they get
laugh.gif

I'm finding out tomorrow my friend came though for me and if I get a job when the next school term starts.

Originally Posted by ape

Originally Posted by JDB1523

This is why I started the networking thread a few weeks back, for this and upcoming college graduates. Lemme see if Yuku will let me find it to bump...

ok i know the importance of networking, but how exactly does one "network"?
Basically just get to know people and get phone numbers and etc and let um no what you offer
pimp.gif

at my job i set up meetings all the time and we throw receptions with you no beer,shrimp etc and people just talk exchange cards etc but thats just me watchingfrom the side
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

Originally Posted by ape

Originally Posted by JDB1523

This is why I started the networking thread a few weeks back, for this and upcoming college graduates. Lemme see if Yuku will let me find it to bump...

ok i know the importance of networking, but how exactly does one "network"?
Basically just get to know people and get phone numbers and etc and let um no what you offer
pimp.gif

at my job i set up meetings all the time and we throw receptions with you no beer,shrimp etc and people just talk exchange cards etc but thats just me watching from the side
pimp.gif

so you go around looking for people that seem valuable and get their number. thats it!?

Currently doing well at my firm .. Actually shooting me an offer for a higher position 3rd week in Jan. .. Moderate Job security FTW !! Dont feel bad if youare unemployed at the moment, just stick with your goals, get an education in the mean time so that when the market becomes healthier you are prepared tosnatch up opportunities.

I've been unemployed since May.

Been applying to jobs the last couple months, but not even one call back.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Goverment Job FTW

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

raise next year too. owww

WORD.

I tried for 2 years to get a job with the state, and all the test taking finally paid off this summer. Now if I can make it until March 1st without seeingthem cut jobs and when my probation period is up, I'm G-O-O-D. When you're hired on after probation, its damn near impossible for them to get rid ofyou.

I don't love my job, but I love the job that I have. Free benefits ftw.

thankfully I'm currently employed and hope to stay even though my company is going to be laying of 14000 people nationwide i work for AT&T btw

got laid off in august, been on unemployment till last week-

just got a job with the mighty wells fargo

but with the economy the way it is right now, it really just makes me want to further my education.

being relevant in the tech world will definitely keep your pockets fat for at least the next decade

How many us have kept our jobs just because its hard to find another one?

*Raises Hand*
laugh.gif

frown.gif

Graduating saturday... No job.. only one job i've applied for hit me back.. Interviewing Thursday...

yes so far. research and development for FAA. as long as government continues the need to develop and improve infrastructure, we have work to do or go after.company would not be wise to lay us off because we generate revenue just by working, as long as the government has work for us to do of course. and usually,these contracts are less likely to be affected by the state of the economy.... and more likely to be affected by politics....

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

i just got a full time job working for the state. im in cali btw. im good for a few yrs haha.
you in sac right? what department do you work for? I tried getting a student assistant job with franchise tax board, but they're not hiring right now.
i worked at Franchise for like 2 years as a PI. Now I work in downtown at the dept of public health.

you can try doing the typing tests on j st. and they will pick u up if you rank good. try to get rank 1 or 2. dont even gotta interview
pimp.gif
no drug tests
pimp.gif
as a PI. that will open the doors for you and you can hop to another dept/jobquick if you keep filling out apps and do clean interviews
smokin.gif

just make sure you can type fast...you get fast quick there.
eek.gif

i work in construction and, job is dying everday, we have work to finish the week and possibly two days next week and then nothing else. hopefully boss pullssomething out of thin air for us or else we're SOL 2 weeks before xmas.

man i wish i had my job still... just got laid off last friday. no week or few days notice either. now im forced to move back home. eh im not surprised ithappened though. hope yalls are able to keep your jobs.

Back
Top Bottom