• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
depends where your at Tmobile in your area is spotty  according to their coverage map but dont go by bars. bars really dont matter. I got over 30MB download speed off 2 bars before

http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage.html

VZW killing the game!

Spigen is the best slim cases out for any phone, Otterboxes is good for max protection but adds bulk

I agree. Spigen is legit, stylish and professional...while providing protection for your phone.

Yea i had a spigen case when i had the iP6+ and it was nice. Just a simple one

The one i was about to get for the note mad ppls were sayin it scratched up the phone. It was the model in the above link but i diff one

My joint

It's not bulky and gets the job all the way done.
Hella thick and slim at the same time giving it a new look.
Spigen makes the best cases :pimp:

-equip with this and a tempered glass and you're good to go

Last edited:
My joint

It's not bulky and gets the job all the way done.

Hella thick and slim at the same time giving it a new look.

Spigen makes the best cases
pimp.gif

-equip with this and a tempered glass and you're good to go
Nice this was my first choice with spigen but i wasnt sure about that 2 piece system and having to get that metal frame on. Its a good case though, not slick or anything. Has good grip?

Oh and what carrier u have. Im reading that a lot of cases are covering the mic holes. Most cases just have the 2 dots and 1 hoke is covered because they dont line up. Ive seen some that have a large cut out to fit any carriers. I have at&t btw

I remember what I had with the iP6+ was the Air Cushion one. Pretty much just a TPU clear thing. Fit great on the phone. I dont drop my phone that much to need something like an otterbox but that Air Cushion wouldnt stand a chance on anything higher than 2 feet

Last edited:
[h1]LG G Flex2 is a smaller, curvier Snapdragon 810 beast[/h1]
05 January, 2015 | Comments (1)  | Post your comment

Tags: LGAndroidCES 2015

LG brought out what will certainly be one of the most innovative products at this year's CES, the curved LG G Flex2. It's more compact and more powerful than its predecessor, more curved and heals faster.

Starting off with the display, LG's homemade P-OLED tech has improved over the last year and the new screen has 1080p resolution (up from just 720p). Meanwhile the screen diagonal has shrunken a bit to the more manageable 5.5" (down from 6").
gsmarena_001.jpg

The screen is protected by an LG-developed glass cover that is said to be 20% more durable than Gorilla Glass 3. The back has a special self-healing coating – LG marked a massive improvement by cutting the heal time from 3 minutes to just 10 seconds at room temperature.

The body is a combination of multiple curves ranging from 400mm to 700mm radius. The screen is curved to a 700mm radius, which makes for an "immersive" experience (says LG) and brings the mic closer to your mouth. The back is curved to 650mm so it's easier to handle and fit in the pocket.

Anyway, the LG G Flex2 will be the most powerful device for a while – it will be the first to bring Snapdragon 810 in consumer hands and it only renders at 1080p (no QHD screen here). The phone will launch with Android 5.0 Lollipop and 2GB of RAM. For storage there's 16GB or 32GB, plus a microSD card.

The camera has carried over improvements from the LG G3, including OIS+ and Laser Auto Focus. The camera itself is a 13MP shooter with dual-LED flash, a 2.1MP camera is on the front. Gesture shot makes selfies easier by recognizing a hand-gesture from 1.5m away. Gesture view will easily preview the selfie once captured.

The connectivity enjoys up to 300Mbps downloads over 4G LTE, but has 3G too (42Mbps). Locally Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.1 with Apt-X handle wireless connectivity. There's a microUSB 2.0 port with SlimPort for TV out and FastCharge to quickly fill the 3,000mAh battery.

The LG G Flex2 will come in Platinum Silver and Flamenco Red, first in South Korea at the end of the month followed by other regions.

You can read our hands-on  for more detailed information about the G Flex2.

[h1]Google announces Google Cast for audio [/h1]

NEWS
By Joseph Keller  | Jan 05 2015 | 11:20 am  | 4 Comments

blank_7.jpg

As CES 2015  starts ramping up, Google has announced Google Cast for audio. This integrates the same tech behind Chromecast  into speakers, soundbars, and A/V receivers to let you cast your music from Android, iOS, and the web.

From Google:
Google Cast Ready speakers pull content directly from the cloud, so you'll get the best audio quality and can freely multi-task on your phone, tablet, or laptop, all without straining the battery. These speakers will work with a growing list of apps including Deezer, Google Play Music, iHeartRadio, NPR One, Pandora, Rdio, TuneIn, and many more.
Google Cast is supported by chip makers Broadcom and Marvell, along with others. Sony, LG, and HEOS by Denon will all produce the first Google Cast Ready speakers, which are due out in spring 2015, with other brands releasing compatible products later this year.

Source: Google Chrome blog

I have the slim armor joint, it's a little bulkier than I'd like. I was really feeling that spigen neo hybrid, but I chose the slim armor because it has a kickstand and I got it for $15 at work. Still may cop the hybrid one day.

[h1]Samsung to reportedly showcase Galaxy S6 at CES this week[/h1]
05 January, 2015 | Comments (40)  | Post your comment

Tags: SamsungAndroidCES 2015Rumors

Samsung will put on display its latest Galaxy S6 flagship during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this week, according to a latest SamMobile  report, which is in line with earlier rumors  that we have heard in this regard.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Aside from the Galaxy S6, which is codenamed as Project Zero, the South Korean company is also expected to showcase its variant, presumably the Galaxy S6 Edge, at the event. However, unfortunately, the devices will only be showcased to select partners, the report notes, which means that consumers will not be able to take a look at them.

The Galaxy S6 is expected  to feature a 5.5-inch QHD (1440×2560 pixels) display, an Exynos 7420 chipset with octa-core processor, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal memory. In addition, the smartphone is also said to have a 20-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front snapper.

Via
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

The S5 was such an unremarkable upgrade from the S4, I'm not interested at all in the Galaxy S series anymore until they revamp it. Its becoming like Call of Duty

That new Google Cast doesn't seem that interesting either

Last edited:
Wasn't there someone in here that had the Fire HDX tablet?

I was just on Amazon and noticed that their 6" starts at $99 and then they have a 7" for $139 and the HDX at $179. Was wondering how it is for an actual person and not just reading through reviews on their site. That and if you can root and flash those tablets like any other one out there.

I was just on Amazon and noticed that their 6" starts at $99 and then they have a 7" for $139 and the HDX at $179. Was wondering how it is for an actual person and not just reading through reviews on their site. That and if you can root and flash those tablets like any other one out there.

For $179, I'd just get a Nexus 7.

Had a 7” fire HD tablet for about a week and gave it to my GF. If you're into rooting, ROM and having the overall freedom on Android OS, stay away.

The Nexus 7 runs lollipop perfectly fine. I used the stock image from google and don't have any issues whatsoever. Just dismiss your apps and you'll be fine.

--------

Why LG is trying to push that Curved screen is beyond me. :x

ASUS-ZenFone-2-color-line-up-2.png

ASUS  just wrapped up its press conference at CES, with two new phones for us to talk about. To kick it off, the company announced the followup to last year’s Zenfone, appropriately named, the Zenfone 2. The device, in terms of specs, is better in almost every way than what we saw last year, featuring a 5.5″ Full HD IPS display, 13MP rear-facing camera, and a 2.3GHz 64-bit Intel Atom processor with 4GB of RAM. 

As announced during its livestream, the Zenfone 2 is now the world’s first smartphone with 4GB of RAM. ASUS also introduced a new UI for the device, which users are able to customize with different colors and icons.

The Zenfone 2 will be available in February for $199 in an assortment of different colors.

On top of the Zenfone 2, ASUS also introduced the Zenfone Zoom. Much like the Zenfone 2, the Zoom features a 5.5″ display, but the main difference is the massive camera along the backside of the device. The Zoom has a 13MP rear-facing camera with 3X optical zoom. The device’s rear camera features a 10-element lens design with up to 12X digital zoom for even finer close-up detail. The Zoom also features OIS for shake-free photos, coupled with laser auto-focus for sharp images.

The Zenfone Zoom is priced at $499, with launch scheduled for sometime in Q2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom