What Does Niketalk Think About The Bay Area..? **Update**pg.1

Originally Posted by youngdoc

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Are there blk people in Frisco besides the Niners, Jerry Rice, Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, and Barry Bonds?

What kind of question is that? SF is so diverse. We are not all rich white gay yuppies.
SF is diverse but you have to admit there's not a lot of black folks. wiki says 6% (united states is 12%). 6% isn't awful but SF is mostly white and asian (49 and 33%).

There are neighborhoods like the Marina, North Beach, Richmond etc that don't have a lot of us. I just spent a month living in the Richmond (8th and Geary) and immediately stood out. I have a couple of black friends who live in the city and they all have similar experiences

laugh.gif
 Ohh ok.  I'm blk and I don't want to move to an area where the majority is blk.  I prefer diversity. 

Originally Posted by Kramer

I LOVE san fran. Mission street burritos
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This. El Farolito's is 
pimp.gif

Love the Bay. Hope to someday move out to the city. I'm from Richmond but always love to go out to the city.

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

What kind of question is that? SF is so diverse. We are not all rich white gay yuppies.
SF is diverse but you have to admit there's not a lot of black folks. wiki says 6% (united states is 12%). 6% isn't awful but SF is mostly white and asian (49 and 33%).

There are neighborhoods like the Marina, North Beach, Richmond etc that don't have a lot of us. I just spent a month living in the Richmond (8th and Geary) and immediately stood out. I have a couple of black friends who live in the city and they all have similar experiences

laugh.gif
 Ohh ok.  I'm blk and I don't want to move to an area where the majority is blk.  I prefer diversity. 

Yea I didn't mean for those numbers to be a knock on the city because it's great. For the most part everyone gets along and I never faced any obvious racism there besides the occasional douche taxi driver.

It's such a fun city but it's so damn expensive that I probably would never settle down there long term.

laugh.gif

Yea I didn't mean for those numbers to be a knock on the city because it's great. For the most part everyone gets along and I never faced any obvious racism there besides the occasional douche taxi driver.

It's such a fun city but it's so damn expensive that I probably would never settle down there long term.

You stayed in a asian/white neighborhood that's why. San Francisco is by no means a black city but there are black neighborhoods in a number of areas. You should explore a little next time your out here. Go to Tenderloin and lower nob hill, Fillmore would be also good to visit.

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

Just come out and check it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

eek.gif
eek.gif
 Holy moly...

Originally Posted by 6 got dem handlez

Isn't that "Tell Me When To Go" guy from the Bay Area?
E-40..? And yes - he's from my hometown 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thizz Marley wrote:
Tree wise you ain't touchin northern Cali weed

No we don't all get hyphy and do ignorant %+%@. 

Music wise. Every area has wack rappers. The bay makes some quality music. 
But only the garbage and ridiculous ones get attention. 
Nobody out here listens 5o kreashawn or however you spell her name. 
Check out Andre nickatina, equipto, San Quinn, Mac dre, luniz, etc.

I completely agree with everything said here. Yeah we're or somewhat known for the "HYPHY MOVEMENT" but trust in that we are so much more... If you are really interested in The Bay hip-hop wise you should really take the time to explore our artists because there are amazing artists that probably will never be heard outside The Bay. Yeah we go dumb but like a lot of people say, "The Bay is so diverse..."...
Skip to 2:34 for a quick example...

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Hows the gangs? They still very active?
Sometimes feels like everyone's a gang out here though...

Thanks for everyone's responses so far. A lot of us seem to have good things to say about The Bay but where is everyone else from..?

Pics for beasts:

Spoiler [+]
24nfz8p.jpg

28qzozp.jpg

24y1oo5.jpg

2hgd737.jpg

sbilmu.jpg

r8fh9t.jpg

2v8q003.jpg

nmb21s.jpg

bfhy4j.jpg

I grew up in St Helena. Currently living in Napa Valley.  I Left the bay once to live out in San Diego.  Dont get me wrong, SD is beautiful but just not for me.  I like the area I'am in much better.  It's quiet, chill and perfect weather (except the beaches, TOO cold).  Plus, Napa is 45min from SF, 45min from Sacramento, 45-1hr from Bodega Bay, 2.5hrs from Reno/Tahoe.  Can't complain.  6hr drive down to LA. 
pimp.gif

Anyone looking for a Winery hook up LMK. 
pimp.gif

-UNDFT-

Born and Raised here. City is eh, but the weather is best year round.. I could never afford to buy a house here though, so i took my talents east to Hayward.. For 912 a month is my mortgage.. You cant even get a decent basement in SF for that price.. If you dont make 100k+ dont even think about buying a house.. Rent alone can be 2k easily..
If you want to live in HP and be about that life houses are around 500k or so.
tongue.gif

went ther last year for the first time. had a blast burning down and cruising the whole area. would def return now since i know how much fernet is drank there

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

Just come out and check it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

eek.gif
eek.gif
 Holy moly...

Originally Posted by 6 got dem handlez

Isn't that "Tell Me When To Go" guy from the Bay Area?
E-40..? And yes - he's from my hometown 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thizz Marley wrote:
Tree wise you ain't touchin northern Cali weed

No we don't all get hyphy and do ignorant %+%@. 

Music wise. Every area has wack rappers. The bay makes some quality music. 
But only the garbage and ridiculous ones get attention. 
Nobody out here listens 5o kreashawn or however you spell her name. 
Check out Andre nickatina, equipto, San Quinn, Mac dre, luniz, etc.
Skip to 2:34 for a quick example...

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Hows the gangs? They still very active?
Sometimes feels like everyone's a gang out here though...

Thanks for everyone's responses so far. A lot of us seem to have good things to say about The Bay but where is everyone else from..?

Pics for beasts:

Spoiler [+]
24nfz8p.jpg

28qzozp.jpg

24y1oo5.jpg

2hgd737.jpg

sbilmu.jpg

r8fh9t.jpg

2v8q003.jpg

nmb21s.jpg

bfhy4j.jpg

QFT

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

laugh.gif

You stayed in a asian/white neighborhood that's why. San Francisco is by no means a black city but there are black neighborhoods in a number of areas. You should explore a little next time your out here. Go to Tenderloin and lower nob hill, Fillmore would be also good to visit.

Oh I've been all over the city. Very familiar with it. Went to undergrad in the Bay.

Never said there weren't any black neighborhoods, just that there are a number of neighborhoods where black faces are scarce. that's all

Originally Posted by RsXtreme415

Born and Raised here. City is eh, but the weather is best year round.. I could never afford to buy a house here though, so i took my talents east to Hayward.. For 912 a month is my mortgage.. You cant even get a decent basement in SF for that price.. If you dont make 100k+ dont even think about buying a house.. Rent alone can be 2k easily..
tongue.gif

SD has the best weather in the country IMO. SF gets a little too cold and too many days are foggy/cloudy. The rest of the Bay can get kinda hot in the summer. Now this is all relative, the Bay's weather is still great

Originally Posted by RsXtreme415

tongue.gif

SD has the best weather in the country IMO. SF gets a little too cold and too many days are foggy/cloudy. The rest of the Bay can get kinda hot in the summer. Now this is all relative, the Bay's weather is still great
The secret for our weather is basically the water
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Retro707

I grew up in St Helena. Currently living in Napa Valley.  I Left the bay once to live out in San Diego.  Dont get me wrong, SD is beautiful but just not for me.  I like the area I'am in much better.  It's quiet, chill and perfect weather (except the beaches, TOO cold).  Plus, Napa is 45min from SF, 45min from Sacramento, 45-1hr from Bodega Bay, 2.5hrs from Reno/Tahoe.  Can't complain.  6hr drive down to LA. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

-UNDFT-

Always --- Something tells me, not Silver Oak though....nevertheless...

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Oh I've been all over the city. Very familiar with it. Went to undergrad in the Bay.

Never said there weren't any black neighborhoods, just that there are a number of neighborhoods where black faces are scarce. that's all

Oh ok, misread your whole post. Yeah I agree with you on that. I moved to Daly City three years ago from Oakland so it felt different for the first few months here. I grew up around Hispanic and black people all my life so I see where your coming from. But, overall, I enjoy where I'm at now more than Oakland. I do, however, miss a certain community bond and a laid-back mentality that the Daly City lacks. But I go to Mission/Valencia, downtown, and Fillmore a lot so I'm good.

I am from Los Angeles and I love San Francisco and the surrounding cities. I wish I could tel-port there for the fresh seafood on the regular.

Originally Posted by Retro707

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

-UNDFT-
I'm from Fairfield and my parents made me go to high school in Napa, hated it at first but grew to like it. Met some cool people up there and though it's not really my kind of town I can appreciate it for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom