What jackets yall rockin this fall/winter?

I'm shocked that you don't realize that going from topic to topic trying to argue either makes you a troll or well you know.

Go find someone else to nag b

I thought you were the one that came into the thread we've been posting in to attack people

Oh that's right you did; who's the troll?

Typical nt. People argue and try to measure the popularity of a brand mixed in with personal attacks.

Last edited:
Typical nt. People argue and try to measure the popularity of a brand mixed in with personal attacks.
thread took a real bad turn these past few pages.

looking at some fishtail parkas, this holden x stussy one is so 
pimp.gif
 imo.

it's either one of these or a black/black varsity jacket.

This thread. :rofl:

Does The North Face still have a lifetime guarantee/warranty? That was a big draw to me early on (more of their competitors do it now), I've owned The North Face products for 15 years. Couldn't care less whether they're the most popular brand, least popular or whatever.

Arc'teryx & Mountain Hardwear are two others that make quality winter/ski snow/rain jackets.

This thread.
roll.gif

Does The North Face still have a lifetime guarantee/warranty? That was a big draw to me early on (more of their competitors do it now), I've owned The North Face products for 15 years. Couldn't care less whether they're the most popular brand, least popular or whatever.

Arc'teryx & Mountain Hardwear are two others that make quality winter/ski snow/rain jackets.
TNF yes... unless it's from the outlet (they color in the tag to differentiate).

Theres nothing wrong with that north face(although I wouldn't go as far as to call it fly), the hyvent **** is played out.

My first "true" winter means my first North Face.
You're going to need a warmer coat than that. That's more of a Fall jacket. DC has gotten hit hard by snow the last couple of years. That's not something you want to wear when its 40 and below.

Last edited:
better yet what ny do you live in? That **** died a minute ago and like I said hypebeasts don't rock marmot. Balmains don't match with a huge merm
laugh.gif

I have no problem with them, but I do recognize that their time is done. Every single hood shop used to sell them ***** in bulk, now they don't, u know y? Cuz the north face fad is done
They might've been stolen goods.

My ex works at TNF and they are constantly battling theft. They have really cracked down and it's not nearly as easy to steal things today as it used to be.

As far as the TNF being dead and a fad? Are you serious? 
laugh.gif
You should see the sales numbers a flagship store does in a day. That doesn't include all the sporting good stores, department stores, and other retailers that carry tons of TNF.

My ex works at TNF and they are constantly battling theft. They have really cracked down and it's not nearly as easy to steal things today as it used to be.

As far as the TNF being dead and a fad? Are you serious? :lol: You should see the sales numbers a flagship store does in a day. That doesn't include all the sporting good stores, department stores, and other retailers that carry tons of TNF.
I explained this multiple times, the puffy hyvent **** is dead. It used to be popping in new York and now is not really worn. This is a thread about winter jackets/coats. I didn't say anything about tnf in terms of hiking or hoodies or tshirts or anything. Everyone here is overanalyzing my comments.

Also the shops I was talking about simply don't sell tnf because people stopped buying hyvents(if you don't know what hyvents are, look at the pick aNYone put up a few days back) , not because they were stolen :lol:

North Face is about as dead as Ray Ban Wayfarers

Denali was warm enough to hold me down the for the winter and I'm in the North East.

Just copped this Express.

As far as the TNF being dead and a fad? Are you serious? :lol: You should see the sales numbers a flagship store does in a day. That doesn't include all the sporting good stores, department stores, and other retailers that carry tons of TNF.
I explained this multiple times, the puffy hyvent **** is dead. It used to be popping in new York and now is not really worn. This is a thread about winter jackets/coats. I didn't say anything about tnf in terms of hiking or hoodies or tshirts or anything. Everyone here is overanalyzing my comments.

Also the shops I was talking about simply don't sell tnf because people stopped buying hyvents(if you don't know what hyvents are, look at the pick aNYone put up a few days back) , not because they were stolen :lol:

I hope you're right about TNF fading in popularity.

Maybe that will bring down the eBay prices.

Because wherever you live must not be the DMV or Chicago or Toronto or the Bay Area or any upper middle-to-upper class community in an area where it gets cold.

Last edited:

Also the shops I was talking about simply don't sell tnf because people stopped buying hyvents(if you don't know what hyvents are, look at the pick aNYone put up a few days back) , not because they were stolen
laugh.gif
Yes. I thought this was a thread about winter jackets/coats also, and never did I say anything about hiking or hoodies or t shirts or anything. Seems that you are overanalyzing.

This is not a NY trends thread. If it was, maybe you'd be right. But you are just dead wrong to say that puffy hyvents are dead.

You're going to need a warmer coat than that. That's more of a Fall jacket. DC has gotten hit hard by snow the last couple of years. That's not something you want to wear when its 40 and below.
Damn, I really need to move south.  40 in the winter where I live?  Shorts and a t-shirt.

Tnf isn't dead, but Denali fleeces have been ran into the ground over the past 6 years. It was basically a unofficial requirement along the eastern seaboard. I keep it strictly zipped in the summit shell for lining these days.

When mid-December hits and it's down in the 20's, I don't have te robe fooling with the metrosexual jackets and scarves and all that. I need my tnf zipped to the top.

You do realize that The North Face sells jackets (and a ton of them) that aren't specifically "Hyvent", right? Hyvent is a type of waterproof material used by The North Face. It's good but cheaper than Gore-Tex, for example.

The pic that aNYone posted looks like a McMurdo parka which was a hood staple in NY like 5-7 years ago and uses Hyvent.

I was wondering why the hell you keep saying Hyvent as if all The North Face jackets with Hyvent are "played out" but basically you just don't know what you're talking about. Probably respond with "We just call em Hyvents in NY." Nah, I've heard plenty of people refer to the McMurdo by it's actual name...maybe that's what they're called on your block Ninjahood Jr.

Yeah, other companies have gained popularity whereas The North Face was THE staple for winter jackets but TNF brand for jackets (and everything else) is far from dead, still plenty of them everywhere including NYC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom