What movie scene do you empathize with the most?

Man I almost lost it watching The Time Traveler's Wife...

Here's the set up. See, the main character randomly jumps forward or backwards along his own time line but he's unable to affect anything directly or control when and where he jumps to or how long until he jumps back into his regular chronology..OK... Well there's this one scene where the protagonist (at age 30 or 40 something) goes back in time and is sitting next to his mom that died when he was 6. Of course she doesn't know this 30-something year old man next to her, and so he approaches the situation like a regular fan of hers. He tells her he's a huge fan of her singing (The two were singing together in the car when she crashed and died...apparently she's a recording artist or opera singer or something). Having watched his mom die 100 times over --first when he was 6 and later in subsequent trips to his past, he told her that he wished his wife could one day hear her sing. She says, "Maybe she will one day" and smiles... choking on the emotion of it all, he says, "Your son loves you very much", and with an other-wordly  expression of omniscience, she replies "I know..."

And so here I am

Stuck. 
smh.gif

I know it's just a movie and what not, but after having lost my mom 3 years ago sometimes I think about $%$+ like this. Aight let's be real, all the time I sit back and think about $%$+ JUST like this. Too many comic books and sci-fi movies. All the good guys get wished back to life somehow.. whatever... look  I'm not gonna weigh ya'll down with the woe-is-me stuff but I guess it's like the only way to get past knowing I'll never have that moment of, "Aye mom... there's this girl I sorta like" ever again is to block it out. Then outta nowhere, there's a movie or song that perfectly captures a feeling I was just having. This was that feeling and that movie scene.. just throwing that out there..

Oh well, that's all I got. Cool Story, yeah yeah... share yours....or not... doesn't matter.. Later. 

Man I almost lost it watching The Time Traveler's Wife...

Here's the set up. See, the main character randomly jumps forward or backwards along his own time line but he's unable to affect anything directly or control when and where he jumps to or how long until he jumps back into his regular chronology..OK... Well there's this one scene where the protagonist (at age 30 or 40 something) goes back in time and is sitting next to his mom that died when he was 6. Of course she doesn't know this 30-something year old man next to her, and so he approaches the situation like a regular fan of hers. He tells her he's a huge fan of her singing (The two were singing together in the car when she crashed and died...apparently she's a recording artist or opera singer or something). Having watched his mom die 100 times over --first when he was 6 and later in subsequent trips to his past, he told her that he wished his wife could one day hear her sing. She says, "Maybe she will one day" and smiles... choking on the emotion of it all, he says, "Your son loves you very much", and with an other-wordly  expression of omniscience, she replies "I know..."

And so here I am

Stuck. 
smh.gif

I know it's just a movie and what not, but after having lost my mom 3 years ago sometimes I think about $%$+ like this. Aight let's be real, all the time I sit back and think about $%$+ JUST like this. Too many comic books and sci-fi movies. All the good guys get wished back to life somehow.. whatever... look  I'm not gonna weigh ya'll down with the woe-is-me stuff but I guess it's like the only way to get past knowing I'll never have that moment of, "Aye mom... there's this girl I sorta like" ever again is to block it out. Then outta nowhere, there's a movie or song that perfectly captures a feeling I was just having. This was that feeling and that movie scene.. just throwing that out there..

Oh well, that's all I got. Cool Story, yeah yeah... share yours....or not... doesn't matter.. Later. 

That scene damn near breaks me everytime. But i gotta say Marley and Me when Jennifer Aniston says "Goodbye Clearance puppy"

That scene damn near breaks me everytime. But i gotta say Marley and Me when Jennifer Aniston says "Goodbye Clearance puppy"

big bukkake 8

one of the girls was on the verge f tears, saying it burns and stuff, like what type of girl demeans her self like that
gotta be real ef'd in the head to let 1000 dudes bust on ur face

big bukkake 8

one of the girls was on the verge f tears, saying it burns and stuff, like what type of girl demeans her self like that

Originally Posted by hymen man

I can't believe I know what you're talking about.

laugh.gif
yeah man... caught me off guard. I doubt I'll ever forget it...
y'all some sensitive %!% dudes. no more new %%%!%@ on NT
New?
laugh.gif
.......... 3 of my former names have twice your post count..  And I ain't sensitive, just human. We all need reminders of our fragility at times. Even Ace Boogie got got. But @$%$%# get shot errday B. Rest up.  Get you some soup.

Originally Posted by hymen man

I can't believe I know what you're talking about.

laugh.gif
yeah man... caught me off guard. I doubt I'll ever forget it...
y'all some sensitive %!% dudes. no more new %%%!%@ on NT
New?
laugh.gif
.......... 3 of my former names have twice your post count..  And I ain't sensitive, just human. We all need reminders of our fragility at times. Even Ace Boogie got got. But @$%$%# get shot errday B. Rest up.  Get you some soup.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

big bukkake 8

alien.gif

Originally Posted by beezylocks

big bukkake 8

alien.gif

^It's funny cuz the thread title said EMPATHIZE and dude starts posting about catching it in the face...
nerd.gif
... yeah, aaaaaaaaaight...

^It's funny cuz the thread title said EMPATHIZE and dude starts posting about catching it in the face...
nerd.gif
... yeah, aaaaaaaaaight...

I guess anybody that has ever had to deal with the death of a pet could relate to the Marley and Me scene. Watching the dog get injected with the tranqulizers and then the lethal injection was pretty tough, because I went through that. It's a hell of a thing to watch something die in front of your eyes. It's even worse to say your goodbyes right before it happens. *!!%@% A.

Not many movies really have that much of an emotional affect on me otherwise, because I generally can't relate, but certain characters can really piss me off. I absolutely $$%*##$ hate any character played by Joe Pantoliano. Ralph Cifaretto pissed me off so much watching the Sopranos. So did Janice. For that matter I $$%*##$ hate Rosie O'Donnell too. But damn if I wasn't jumping for joy when Tony killed Ralph.

Leonard Lawrence in Full Metal Jacket is tragic. The curb stomping scene in AHX is pretty intense. I $$%*##$ hate the kid that shoots Daniel in the bathroom in AHX.

None of that is really empathy though.

I guess anybody that has ever had to deal with the death of a pet could relate to the Marley and Me scene. Watching the dog get injected with the tranqulizers and then the lethal injection was pretty tough, because I went through that. It's a hell of a thing to watch something die in front of your eyes. It's even worse to say your goodbyes right before it happens. *!!%@% A.

Not many movies really have that much of an emotional affect on me otherwise, because I generally can't relate, but certain characters can really piss me off. I absolutely $$%*##$ hate any character played by Joe Pantoliano. Ralph Cifaretto pissed me off so much watching the Sopranos. So did Janice. For that matter I $$%*##$ hate Rosie O'Donnell too. But damn if I wasn't jumping for joy when Tony killed Ralph.

Leonard Lawrence in Full Metal Jacket is tragic. The curb stomping scene in AHX is pretty intense. I $$%*##$ hate the kid that shoots Daniel in the bathroom in AHX.

None of that is really empathy though.

It might sound dumb but the scene in Carlitos Way when Carlito lets Benny Blanco lives, I felt like damn in life sometimes by doing right thing you set yourself up for disaster.

Back
Top Bottom