Whats a good age to get married at?

I'm an apprentice electrician and electricians have the second highest divorce rate. It seems like at least 7 or 8 out of 10 married electricians I meet have been divorced at least once.
why is this?

I don't know and neither do most of the divorced electricians I talk to. If you're from some local where there isn't usually a lot of work like there is here in the Bay Area, you have to travel for months, maybe years at a time. That's the reason traveling brothers get divorced. They're away for months or longer at a time and the wife looks elsewhere for company or just divorces.

For people that don't have to travel often like people that belong to the Bay Area locals, it's probably all of the overtime as well as the fact that electricians are ******** and often times think we're too smart for people? I really don't know why.

I'm an apprentice electrician and electricians have the second highest divorce rate. It seems like at least 7 or 8 out of 10 married electricians I meet have been divorced at least once.

My friend is an apprentice electrician and his dad is an electrician and he dealt with a bad divorce from what I remember my friend telling me.

Yea, I've heard of so many brothers who have to work into their late 60's because their ex wife took their pension and more. :smh: so much for equality :smh:

No offense, but it saddens me that someone would only talk about the "sacrifices" in marriage and not the privileges/positive aspects.

The privelege of her taking half of your money as well as alimony and an unreasonable amount of child support?

So if she cheats on you she gets a nice pension plan for it?

I don't think there is a specific age you can consider to be the "right" age to get married. To me, it comes down to how financially stable we are, and if both of us are ready to make that step. Also, having a career, a job you can lean on.

This

Money is the biggest cause of divorce

No less than 42 for a man.

Men who get married without traveling, throwing down at their careers, and smashing as many girls as they can :smh:

JUDGED!

The smashing as many girls as you can thing doesn't make sense. If you're planning to be faithful then it doesn't matter if you wait to get married you're still not maximizing the amount of girls you can smash

Smashing randoms/women you don't care about gets old after a while. You'll see

No offense, but it saddens me that someone would only talk about the "sacrifices" in marriage and not the privileges/positive aspects.
The privelege of her taking half of your money as well as alimony and an unreasonable amount of child support?

Well, this guy's views about women are pretty clear. 

Once you smash enough chicks that youre satisfied with smashing only one for the rest of your stinkin life.

There is no "right one" you simply find a girl that vibes with you, one that you can call your best friend and you commit.

Speaks far more to my views on how society treats women. Equality for all unless it's something where double standards benefit women. Like alimony. Because a woman should be able to sit on her *** all day after being married cuz the patriarchy oppressed her into a marriage, since she is incapable of making her own decisions. Now she has grown accustomed to a certain lifestyle and deserves your money.

When you find the right one, yall been rocking for at least 5 years, you content with the box and mouth, yall have lived together for at least a year and you know all her habits (good and bad) and think you can live with that for the rest of your life.

this is the most normal thing i've ever heard you type. :pimp:

Damn some very insightful responses in this thread. 

Ideally I would like to get married at the age of 35+ and have my career fully situated and what not, but life is crazy. I think we can't just pick and choose when that time comes ... we just feel it. 

Life is crazy 

I am 28, been single now for a few years, and starting to feel some pressure unfortunately. All my friends are in serious relationships, everyone always asks me why I'm not in one.

BUT I would say there is never a good age per say to get married, but you will know it when you find the right girl and have been with her long enough. Although I firmly believe being with a girl a few years before I would pop the question, to many people out there get married wayyy to fast and **** doesn't last

Damn some very insightful responses in this thread. 

Ideally I would like to get married at the age of 35+ and have my career fully situated and what not, but life is crazy. I think we can't just pick and choose when that time comes ... we just feel it. 

Life is crazy 

That was my plan but you never know when you'll meet the one

I'm almost 22. Been in mine about 4.4 years.

Feeling the pressure lately but honestly wanna have a good base first, graduate in December, and don't wanna just do it to make her happy right now

...or, you can date a woman for 2-5 years (or whatever) realize that you trust her and not have to worry about that.

But, yeah, okay.

Speaks far more to my views on how society treats women. Equality for all unless it's something where double standards benefit women. Like alimony. Because a woman should be able to sit on her *** all day after being married cuz the patriarchy oppressed her into a marriage, since she is incapable of making her own decisions. Now she has grown accustomed to a certain lifestyle and deserves your money.

Oh ok, so you're bitter. I got it. No one forces you to get married.

...or, you can date a woman for 2-5 years (or whatever) realize that you trust her and not have to worry about that.

But, yeah, okay.
Yes people have never divorced after 2 entire years of dating. Thank you for your insight. I was once lost but now I am found.

Oh ok, so you're bitter. I got it. No one forces you to get married.

Not bitter in the least bit. Your future alimony payments have nothing to do with me

Back
Top Bottom