Whats a good age to get married at?

Speaks far more to my views on how society treats women. Equality for all unless it's something where double standards benefit women. Like alimony. Because a woman should be able to sit on her *** all day after being married cuz the patriarchy oppressed her into a marriage, since she is incapable of making her own decisions. Now she has grown accustomed to a certain lifestyle and deserves your money.
Inb4 white knight social justice warrior trying to earn brownie points.

Equality = equality for humankind

Equality =/= equality for women, sometimes men (or vice versa)

That's why you wife someone who makes more than you
nthat.gif
My Daughter's mother makes close to 3 times of what I make but I still don't think marriage is a good idea.

I always tell these 20 yr old cats to get a passport and live it up. Marriage ain't cut for everybody. It is the most stressful and enjoyable event you will ever come across. Got married 14 yrs ago at 20 and still got my shoe laces tied with the mother of my kids

That's why you wife someone who makes more than you :nthat:

Just to clarify you wont get divorce raped (and no I dont feel bad using rape in this context because its what it is) but the roles wont be reversed unless she makes an ungodly amount more than you.

And even then you'll basically be an absentee father if you had kids. If you aint married a woman would actually need a reason to take your kids away from you.

I dont need a womans money so I'm good.

Last edited:
That's why you wife someone who makes more than you :nthat:

Just to clarify you wont get divorce raped (and no I dont feel bad using rape in this context because its what it is) but the roles wont be reversed unless she makes an ungodly amount more than you.

And even then you'll basically be an absentee father if you had kids. If you aint married a woman would actually need a reason to take your kids away from you.

I dont need a womans money so I'm good.

Sucks to be the guy who marries that kind of woman :lol:

Even if she isnt that kind of woman going into the marriage I doubt more than .01% of women can resist the urge to divorce rape you.

My cousin is studying to be a lawyer, his roommate is a lawyer, and he has a friend that is _______ clerk (forgot what that blank word is). God some of the stories I hear :x :lol:

Last edited:
You can marry the best woman in the world, but if you get a divorce you can bet 99% she will try and get something out of it. Human nature + stupid laws

I never understood why ppl have a baby at a young age and they automatically get married. Is it a religous or cultural thing? Ive only seen mexicans/latins do things like that.
Naw imo that's more of a white thing, they don't wanna be looked down on for having a baby and no ring. The appearance of a good marriage means everything to white people.

My cousin is studying to be a lawyer, his roommate is a lawyer, and he has a friend that is _______ clerk (forgot what that blank word is). God some of the stories I hear :x :lol:

There's always going to be a lot of extreme stories about people doing dirt. Luckily for me, I don't attract, nor hangout with those kinds of people. No need for me to worry about a friends-friend who does crazy things.

If you guys are really worried about money, why not just get a pre-nup or something?

Last edited:
You can marry the best woman in the world, but if you get a divorce you can bet 99% she will try and get something out of it. Human nature + stupid laws

Not just her, you gotta worry about her friends and family coming for your pockets by proxy, not to mention the lawyer who gets a cut of it all.

The legal trend of divorce proceedings are 99% of the reason why I refuse to get married. I'd never be worried about my girl taking half, but I know for a fact that certain members of her family would be in her ear and trying to guilt her into it.

...or, you can date a woman for 2-5 years (or whatever) realize that you trust her and not have to worry about that.

But, yeah, okay.
Yes people have never divorced after 2 entire years of dating. Thank you for your insight. I was once lost but now I am found.
Clearly, you've had some sort of bad experience or are just completely against marriage in general. And that's fine - butI don't know why we are having this conversation if you are just going to be extremely bitter/pessimistic about everything.

Clearly, you've had some sort of bad experience or are just completely against marriage in general. And that's fine - butI don't know why we are having this conversation if you are just going to be extremely bitter/pessimistic about everything.
Why is it automatically assumed that his opposition to marriage implies bad past experiences or bitterness? The examples and evidence can be found. Are there successful marriages? Of course. But the risks and aftermath of a failed marriage is not worth the risk. You can still have a happy and meaningful relationship with your partner without introducing legality and laws made by people who aren't involved in the relationship.

I never understood why ppl have a baby at a young age and they automatically get married. Is it a religous or cultural thing? Ive only seen mexicans/latins do things like that.
Naw imo that's more of a white thing, they don't wanna be looked down on for having a baby and no ring. The appearance of a good marriage means everything to white people.

Not just a white thing

A couple of my homies who are black had kids unexpectedly when they were young and got married to those chicks

My dad's been married and divorced four times and I'm still not as pessimistic as some of y'all :lol:

:Lol can't een hate fam!

There's always going to be a lot of extreme stories about people doing dirt. Luckily for me, I don't attract, nor hangout with those kinds of people. No need for me to worry about a friends-friend who does crazy things.

If you guys are really worried about money, why not just get a pre-nup or something?

If you make enough money, a prenupt will be tossed straight in the garbage. All she has to do is pull that "I'm accustomed to a certain lifestyle" bs In some states they even have an expiration date (like Chris rock's).

And you can't split custody on your prenupt or you'll risk voiding it.

No way to stop marriage from being extremely one sided.

Only real benefit to marriage is that you don't have to testify against spouse in court. So you'd have to marry a drug Kingpin or yakuza boss for marriage to make sense.

The tax benefit is for a very small window of income considering you lose earned income credit. Hell there is even a tax penalty after a certain income.

Last edited:
She's a top admin for kaiser via northwest region. My dude was talking bout starting a catering business last time I hollered at him after his real estate gig failed.
Homie be starting random projects and ****
laugh.gif
he's a serial entrepreneur

Why is it automatically assumed that his opposition to marriage implies bad past experiences or bitterness? The examples and evidence can be found. Are there successful marriages? Of course. But the risks and aftermath of a failed marriage is not worth the risk. You can still have a happy and meaningful relationship with your partner without introducing legality and laws made by people who aren't involved in the relationship.
the fact that he took that you shouldn't get married or at least be 42 as an insult just goes to show how insecure he is about his. Taking my answer as a personal attack :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom