Whats a good age to get married at?

I'm 29 and all of my friends are dropping like flies averaging 2-3 weddings per year...I still have so much left to do before I take the plunge
Same here.
Last few years have been back to back summers full of bachelor parties and weddings, but I think they all got married too soon. I think 30+ is a good age.

I think getting married ONCE is fine, with me. If I ever get married and were to divorce my wife, I’d never get married again.

I don’t see how people have multiple marriages or divorces (unless their spouse dies) other than, I’ll get married one time. And one time only

my girl now is amazing, everything i ever wanted really, but i dont wanna get marry even though i go along with it when the topic comes up.

i just wanna be in a relationship forever without being held hostage by legal documents ya know

I think getting married ONCE is fine, with me. If I ever get married and were to divorce my wife, I’d never get married again.

I don’t see how people have multiple marriages or divorces (unless their spouse dies) other than, I’ll get married one time. And one time only
people are lonely, especially the older you get, generally

theres an elderly man i work with (60 y/o or so), whom i cant stand, btw, but i pity the guy because he seems so lonely.

He's in his fourth or fifth marriage currently. he just wed a girl in vietnam and refuses to bring her over because he's afraid she'll leave as well. They just use him to get over here and deep down inside he knows it too.

people are lonely, especially the older you get, generally

theres an elderly man i work with (60 y/o or so), whom i cant stand, btw, but i pity the guy because he seems so lonely.

He's in his fourth or fifth marriage currently. he just wed a girl in vietnam and refuses to bring her over because he's afraid she'll leave as well. They just use him to get over here and deep down inside he knows it too.
He's a fool

for real. If I do divorce, I’ll probly remarry her yrs later

I might as well had got married at 18, been with the same girl now I'm 29. We are engaged no date set yet though. I just don't see the point, seems like an outdated tradition if you ask me.

my girl now is amazing, everything i ever wanted really, but i dont wanna get marry even though i go along with it when the topic comes up.

i just wanna be in a relationship forever without being held hostage by legal documents ya know

Just "going along with it" is gonna get you hemmed up in the long run. Don't string women along, that's what makes them resentful towards men. If you're serious with her and you have no intentions on marrying her, let her know. Obviously its on her mind and eventually she's gonna crank up the pressure.

A year or so from now she's gonna press you on it. She's gonna say "well we've talked out it for X amount of time, this isn't a new topic". What's your answer gonna be? "I was just playing?" You can only defer for so long man.

I know its hard but you gotta be a man about it. How long have you guys been together?

Last edited:
whenever you're ready to commit, but realistically no earlier than 25 imo, live life, grow on your own, know who you are before wanting to grow with someone else

ill be 29 when i get married later this yr RIP :lol:

Trick question marriage is a trap.
The older I get the more ridiculous it seems. The man is just an attendant at the (overly expensive) wedding. I'm sure the love and joy is overwhelming, but as my dad said, the novelty of anything wears off.
If I do get married then we'll probably have our own place. Just seems better that way. The spouse will have a key but a person needs their space sometimes.

Depends, there is no ideal age.

It all depends on when you meet the right one.

Pay attention to her needs as well as yours bro. Women will let you know in their own subtle ways that they want you to make her officially the Mrs.

Don't be pressured into it, but also don't be that dude that is afraid of commitment.

Hello Heathen. This is you from the future.

Just want to say, **** everything you’re saying.

Just "going along with it" is gonna get you hemmed up in the long run. Don't string women along, that's what makes them resentful towards men. If you're serious with her and you have no intentions on marrying her, let her know. Obviously its on her mind and eventually she's gonna crank up the pressure.

A year or so from now she's gonna press you on it. She's gonna say "well we've talked out it for X amount of time, this isn't a new topic". What's your answer gonna be? "I was just playing?" You can only defer for so long man.

I know its hard but you gotta be a man about it. How long have you guys been together?
Four years now. And you’re right bro. It’s not that I don’t wanna marry her, its just I don’t like the idea of marriage. If marriage is just proposing and giving her the ring and the wedding, then I’m okay with. I just can’t stand to be bounded by documents ; if we do end up parting ways, it’s gonna be a nightmare, both mentally and financially.

Last edited:
Four years now. And you’re right bro. It’s not that I don’t wanna marry her, its just I don’t like the idea of marriage. If marriage is just proposing and giving her the ring and the wedding, then I’m okay with. I just can’t stand to be bounded by documents ; if we do end up parting ways, it’s gonna be a nightmare, both mentally and financially.

What is the document gonna change about your relationship? You should get married, have a small wedding, get a pre-nup if it'll make you more comfortable. How old are you guys? Do you want to have kids?

Funny seeing this thread. I think a lot of people in their 20s are rushing to get married because they see all their peers on social media doing it

What is the document gonna change about your relationship? You should get married, have a small wedding, get a pre-nup if it'll make you more comfortable. How old are you guys? Do you want to have kids?

I’ve brought up prenuptial agreement on several occasions but was dismissed immediately because she think that I think we’re not gonna make it. I’m 25 and she’s 23, and I want kids one day.

I’m 30 and never wanted to get married. My current gf I’ve been with for 2 years and she’s dope and best part is she doesn’t care about marriage. Never brings the topic up. People are always like “oh you’ll get married once your girl pressures you” I’m like bruh she told me day one she doesn’t want marriage and hasn’t changed her stance 2+ years in. They seem dumbfounded when they hear it

Back
Top Bottom