What's the worst city you ever been to?

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by marath0n

smog?
You've probably never been there
laugh.gif

where u from?
yes, smog.

i live there (on average) 9 out of 12 months of the year for the last 3 years. i spent the most recent summer there as well, so i'd like to think that i know what living in Irvine constitutes.
perhaps, not as much smog as compared to LA, but still smog nonetheless.

it's interesting you laugh, asserting that i've never been to irvine, when the only thing you have to disagree with on my list is the smog observation. right.

i am from the 510

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

there is no smog in irvine bro.
laugh.gif

wait til you are in your late 20s and tell me you wouldnt love to live in irvine. its not a college town but who cares, newport beach is 2 minutes away and there are all the bars you need there. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]unless you are all asian pride, then you can get your dave and busters on like the rest.[/color]
laugh.gif
okay that red underlined portion seriously did not make sense. 1) i do not understand how you can equate dave and busters with asian people. 2) asian is not the major ethnic group at all.

yeah, it's not a college town. i never said it was, nor did i ever say that was my main complaint. it's still a horrible city, for the reasons that i listed.
and what comprises a good city for me does not depend on its proximity from beaches or bars.
yet you still mainatin that Irvine does not offer those things, and I would otherwise have to travel to enojy such attractions.

additionally, i would never want to live in a place where the only two ethnic groups represented are caucasion, or asian which i would guess make up nearly 90% of the population.

i quite enjoy diversity.
Talking about smog, Irvine would be one of the last cities to come to mind, but you're from the bay so you probably wouldn't know eitherway.
Irvine is the WORST CITY YOU'VE EVER BEEN TO because of "rabbits, water fountains, and Target stores?"
indifferent.gif

You need to get out more.

toledo or akron. the cities just look broke. dilapidated buildings everywhere. poorly maintained streets

Originally Posted by az005us

BUffalo, NY... i was there for a Jets Game last month... Wow, it was so boring and the people are all boring, and NOTHING GOES ON THERE. might as well be CANADA.

Definitely up there. The city has no money and there are more crackheads than anything. Defines the meaning of THE HOOD. I think the only reason ppl don'tkno about Buffalo is because no 1 who lives up there ever amounts to anything to tell about it. I use to live up there. I will never forget the time this dudegot shot in my backyard and I could here him begging for his life. Somebody would get shot on my street alone at least every week. Random gun fire in themiddle of the night ftl

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Milwaukee...
QFT That city is straight garbage. Nothing to do, no light rail, no commuter rail, no skyscrapers. Only beer, cows, and cheesee
sick.gif

Originally Posted by YG716

Originally Posted by az005us

BUffalo, NY... i was there for a Jets Game last month... Wow, it was so boring and the people are all boring, and NOTHING GOES ON THERE. might as well be CANADA.

Definitely up there. The city has no money and there are more crackheads than anything. Defines the meaning of THE HOOD. I think the only reason ppl don't kno about Buffalo is because no 1 who lives up there ever amounts to anything to tell about it. I use to live up there. I will never forget the time this dude got shot in my backyard and I could here him begging for his life. Somebody would get shot on my street alone at least every week. Random gun fire in the middle of the night ftl
word when i went up there it was like going back in time i forgot what part of buffalo but that +#%+ was rundown

Originally Posted by horchata kid

uhm, im puerto rican/ panamanian. True, I'm probably a small majority of latino's here, and yes there are alot of Asian people in Irvine, and alot of white people as well, but that's just how alot of Orange County is. Go to Westminister, 90% asian i would imagine. I've lived in Irvine for 10+ years, and it can get boring yes, but it's not as bad as I think you're chalking it up to be. But hey, I'm not going to go on a rant about how you're wrong, or right, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Personally, I wouldn't mind raising a family here, it's safe and that's the #1 priority for me when I raise a family.
well, it is bad for me. it is a safe city, yes. an ideal suburbia, high ranking schools, low crime rate, and nearly impeccable infrastructure.
probably a great place to raise a family, i wouldn't doubt it.
but as you said, this is my opinion. i thank you for acknowledging that. and i do recognize the admirable strong/selling points the city has to offer.
however, this guy...

Talking about smog, Irvine would be one of the last cities to come to mind, but you're from the bay so you probably wouldn't know either way.
Irvine is the WORST CITY YOU'VE EVER BEEN TO because of "rabbits, water fountains, and Target stores?"
indifferent.gif

You need to get out more.
it's interesting that you chose the three most trivial things on my list to stoneface me for.
indifferent.gif

it's one of the worst cities i've been to because of the relentless amount of irrigation the irvine company deems necessary. how many water fountainsare necessary? when are there too many? there are never enough for Irvine. it's a huge waste of resources.
additionally, you do realize that palm trees are not natively grown there right? the cost of importing a palm tree is cheap initially, but the upkeep of one isof high maintenance-- and not cheap. please bear in mind that although you might equate palm trees with deserts, the fact is that palm trees thrive in an oasistype climate. and i don't think i have to tell you (or maybe i do) that Irvine has an arid, dry desert-like climate, which is not conducive to the life ofa palm tree (which requires lots of water). so this is something that is not only not affordable, but not even environemtally sound. and that is preciselywhere the problem lies, a fixation of the superficial and image over practicality.

i don't really mind the rabbits. they're just everywhere, and they leave their poop everywhere.

and i actually like target a lot more than walmart, but i guess you can't have competition in Irvine (this is more so due to the Irvine corporation itself,i believe).

i do get out more. i get out to a lot better places than irvine. however, it was my own undoing that i chose to go to UCI. you're not even from Irvine,your profile says. why are you getting so upset?

but i guess you're not from the bay, so you probably wouldn't know either way.

Originally Posted by osubass1

Houston gets the nod for the worst.

take into consideration i've ben to Bangalore, India.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

If i were a mod i'd perma-ban you 60 times for such blasphemy. Houston > Your measly existance. Die.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by KingLouisXIV

Irvine, CA. *shudder*
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Someone explain to me why Irvine is on this list. I want to transfer to UC Irvine after my CC stay
frown.gif
Don't listen to him, he's tripping. Irvine is very nice, clean, and close to all the attractions that OC has to offer.
UCI is great if you like blandness, the artificial, smog, sterility, rabbits, water fountains, Target stores, a de facto monopoly because everything is controlled by one company (which probably contributes to most of the things i just named).

it's true that it's close to everything. but just remember that it's close to everything, meaning there's nothing that it has to offer.
laugh.gif

wait til you are in your late 20s and tell me you wouldnt love to live in irvine. its not a college town but who cares, newport beach is 2 minutes away and there are all the bars you need there. unless you are all asian pride, then you can get your dave and busters on like the rest.
laugh.gif
smog?
laugh.gif

where u from?
i went to uci and lived there for 6 years. you must not be used to any air pollution if you are seeing smog. the wind comes in from the coast andblows all that %*$% out east bro. every coastal city in so cal is like that. always good air quality in irvine.

smog?
laugh.gif

where u from?
yes, smog.

i live there (on average) 9 out of 12 months of the year for the last 3 years. i spent the most recent summer there as well, so i'd like to think that i know what living in Irvine constitutes.
perhaps, not as much smog as compared to LA, but still smog nonetheless.

it's interesting you laugh, asserting that i've never been to irvine, when the only thing you have to disagree with on my list is the smog observation. right.

i am from the 510

laugh.gif

wait til you are in your late 20s and tell me you wouldnt love to live in irvine. its not a college town but who cares, newport beach is 2 minutes away and there are all the bars you need there. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]unless you are all asian pride, then you can get your dave and busters on like the rest.[/color]
laugh.gif
okay that red underlined portion seriously did not make sense. 1) i do not understand how you can equate dave and busters with asian people. 2) asian is not the major ethnic group at all.

yeah, it's not a college town. i never said it was, nor did i ever say that was my main complaint. it's still a horrible city, for the reasons that i listed.
and what comprises a good city for me does not depend on its proximity from beaches or bars.
yet you still mainatin that Irvine does not offer those things, and I would otherwise have to travel to enojy such attractions.

additionally, i would never want to live in a place where the only two ethnic groups represented are caucasion, or asian which i would guess make up nearly 90% of the population.

i quite enjoy diversity.

are you 21? probably not. when you turn 21 go to dave and busters on a thursday night and you will know what im talking about. its the unwritten asian/ucinight.
laugh.gif

yeah you have to travel bro. 5 minutes. worst city you have ever been to? get out of here
laugh.gif

i understand what you are talking about with the irvine company being uptight and all that but its just something that you will appreciate later in life. ihated them too the first couple of years there but then you realize that they are the reason the city is safe. they are the reason property values are skyhigh. people WANT to live there and the irvine company keeps it that way. its a master planned city. you know what happens if you dont maintain your grass onyour front lawn in irvine? they do it for you and mail you a bill. it all keeps housing values where they are. you know that target on barranca? they remodeledthat whole shopping center my third year back in 2003. the place looked brand new and they tore it up and made it look newer. thats what they are about. backin like 2004 the average SAT score at Uni. high was like a 1240. that is ridiculous for a public school dude. out of control even. that city will NEVER dropoff.

i thought it was a relatively boring place until my 3rd year when i was able to go out and realized why that company acted the way it did . its a nice placedude. it shouldnt be on anyones worst city list.

and the target/walmart thing has to do with social class. they dont want a wal mart there. i thought it sucked too until one day after living there for a fewyears i ventured to a wal mart near santa ana. it was packed, kids screaming everywhere. !#%! on the floor. pure chaos. they dont want that in irvine and if ibought an expensive +%% house there, i wouldnt want it either.

Originally Posted by NASTii SWAG 23

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

If i were a mod i'd perma-ban you 60 times for such blasphemy. Houston > Your measly existance. Die.
indifferent.gif

i think you only help prove my point.

I dislike Houston as much as the next guy, but worse than Bangalore, India!? Harsh.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

dollabill1 wrote:

i'm going with anywhere in new jersey, that is the worst place on the planet, that isnt currently at war
laugh.gif
as a resident of NJ, I ask why? just why?

jersey is the armpit of the earth, and yes, i have been there.

Back
Top Bottom