What's wrong with Gay Marriage?

I've come to the conclusion that those who oppose gay marriage are those prick kids who told the silly rabbit that Trix 'are for kids' grown up.

I've come to the conclusion that those who oppose gay marriage are those prick kids who told the silly rabbit that Trix 'are for kids' grown up.

Originally Posted by kedabowl

Because its wrong. The Bible says its wrong, therefore its wrong. Its not my opinion, its Gods opinion. Take it up with him.

laugh.gif

i don't believe in god, but people say god made us right? therefore he made gay people, therefore your bible is full of @**@. 

/thread

/religion

/god

p.s.

you are born gay because

1. why would anyone wanna choose to be gay, and be hated by millions of people?

2. at the age of 8, my gay friend had feelings towards another guy. so it's not something that just kicks in after your teens and you start liking men 

Originally Posted by kedabowl

Because its wrong. The Bible says its wrong, therefore its wrong. Its not my opinion, its Gods opinion. Take it up with him.

laugh.gif

i don't believe in god, but people say god made us right? therefore he made gay people, therefore your bible is full of @**@. 

/thread

/religion

/god

p.s.

you are born gay because

2. at the age of 8, my gay friend had feelings towards another guy. so it's not something that just kicks in after your teens and you start liking men 

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by do work son

To those that use the Biblical "argument" (or any other religious-based reasoning) against state-sanctioned gay marriage, do you also support the outlawing of divorce?  Or even better, do you think premarital sex should be illegal since participation also constitutes what you consider to be a "sinful lifestyle?"

I would like some actual responses to this...

that's exactly my point. whether you agree with it or not, divorce is legal and premarital sex is legal so why isn't gay marriage legal? the claim that "all sins are equally bad" supports that if divorce and premarital sex are both legal, so should gay marriage. unless you're trying to make premarital sex and divorce illegal.

it's not so much whether you support gay marriage or not, it's about supporting the right for gays to marry

Yup.  The good old "pick-and-choose."

Maybe one of these anti-gay marriage posters will surprise us and support outlawing premarital sex, cohabitation, etc.
nerd.gif

No takers, huh?

eyes.gif

To those that use the Biblical "argument" (or any other religious-based reasoning) against state-sanctioned gay marriage, do you also support the outlawing of divorce?  Or even better, do you think premarital sex should be illegal since participation also constitutes what you consider to be a "sinful lifestyle?"

I would like some actual responses to this...

that's exactly my point. whether you agree with it or not, divorce is legal and premarital sex is legal so why isn't gay marriage legal? the claim that "all sins are equally bad" supports that if divorce and premarital sex are both legal, so should gay marriage. unless you're trying to make premarital sex and divorce illegal.

it's not so much whether you support gay marriage or not, it's about supporting the right for gays to marry

Maybe one of these anti-gay marriage posters will surprise us and support outlawing premarital sex, cohabitation, etc.
nerd.gif

No takers, huh?

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

you are born gay because

this is an important point.

growing up a shy kid in conservative alabama, why would i have chosen to add this burden to my life? 

Originally Posted by al3x89

you are born gay because

this is an important point.

growing up a shy kid in conservative alabama, why would i have chosen to add this burden to my life? 

nerd.gif

No takers, huh?

eyes.gif

Simply re-read my posts and replace GM with the above. If a society wants to outlaw the above, what's "wrong" with it ? I don't view any of the above as infringing on intrinsic human rights either. We already know that none of that will fly in the US, but in a society with completely different values; there's no problem with it. 

nerd.gif

No takers, huh?

eyes.gif

Simply re-read my posts and replace GM with the above. If a society wants to outlaw the above, what's "wrong" with it ? I don't view any of the above as infringing on intrinsic human rights either. We already know that none of that will fly in the US, but in a society with completely different values; there's no problem with it. 

Originally Posted by spacerace

Originally Posted by KidJoke

im fine with gay marriage, it's just when they adopt kids. That i don't think is right. But thats a whole other discussion.

care to share your reasoning as to why you don't think it's right?

It's a bit late but better late then never. I think the kids suffer because of the parents choices, it's debatable, but it has a lot of effect on the kids. For example a dude that lived on my street had 2 moms and obviously  a dad( didn't live with them). He always tried to hide that fact that he had lesbian parents because of being ridiculed by other kids in the neighborhood and at school. 

Originally Posted by spacerace

Originally Posted by KidJoke

im fine with gay marriage, it's just when they adopt kids. That i don't think is right. But thats a whole other discussion.

care to share your reasoning as to why you don't think it's right?

It's a bit late but better late then never. I think the kids suffer because of the parents choices, it's debatable, but it has a lot of effect on the kids. For example a dude that lived on my street had 2 moms and obviously  a dad( didn't live with them). He always tried to hide that fact that he had lesbian parents because of being ridiculed by other kids in the neighborhood and at school. 

it shouldn't be illegal. let them gays should be able to get married if they want. Marriage isn't as sacred as it once was anyway. What's the divorce rate these days? 50-60%. let the gays have their spouse's benefits.

it shouldn't be illegal. let them gays should be able to get married if they want. Marriage isn't as sacred as it once was anyway. What's the divorce rate these days? 50-60%. let the gays have their spouse's benefits.

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Originally Posted by cartune

Nothing.
Nothing is wrong with Pedophilia, Polygamy, Incest, Bestiality, etc either.

Let em all get married. Im tolerant of all sexual preferences. 
pimp.gif

What you disagree? Yous intolerant 
if you are comparing gay marriage to pedophilia and bestiality then there won't be any point even attempting to reason with you.
WOW seriously, the difference is consent and harm buddy. Just in case you still haven't figured it out.

Wasnt really srs 
glasses.gif

Dont agree nor understand 'gayness' but Im not going to tell ANYbody what they can or cant do with their life.

Goes for everybody as long as it doesnt effect me live and let live right? 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Originally Posted by cartune

Nothing.
Nothing is wrong with Pedophilia, Polygamy, Incest, Bestiality, etc either.

Let em all get married. Im tolerant of all sexual preferences. 
pimp.gif

What you disagree? Yous intolerant 
if you are comparing gay marriage to pedophilia and bestiality then there won't be any point even attempting to reason with you.
WOW seriously, the difference is consent and harm buddy. Just in case you still haven't figured it out.

Wasnt really srs 
glasses.gif

Dont agree nor understand 'gayness' but Im not going to tell ANYbody what they can or cant do with their life.

Goes for everybody as long as it doesnt effect me live and let live right? 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom