**WHO WILL BE THE BREAKOUT RAP/HIP HOP ARTIST OF 2009**VOL:LIL WAYNE HAD 08

Royce Da 5'9"

Premier-produced Street Hop will hit stores on April 21st, 2 singles have already been released. That album will be
pimp.gif

Royce is that dude, no one in the rap game wants it with him right now
pimp.gif

Wayne didn't have a breakout year
laugh.gif
If someone like Jada or Fab did what Wayne did last year THEN it would be considered a breakout year. For the mostpart we expected Wayne to do what he did.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

laugh.gif
If someone like Jada or Fab did what Wayne did last year THEN it would be considered a breakout year. For the most part we expected Wayne to do what he did.
you expected a million first week, right
grin.gif

Wayne blew up '07, '08 he just reached superstar status in '08.

Drake. I knwo eveyone else said but he is easily the most marketable person there is right now. I see big things for dude.

It took Wayne years to gather up all that hype; no one is going to do it like that this year.

Its gonna be the Year of The Loso.
pimp.gif

Drake,Wale,Kid cudi,Currensy and all them other rappers are cool but theres no chance there gonna be a mainstreamsuccess, Yall need to knock that nonsence off none of them are gonna be the a breakout Artist of 09

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

laugh.gif
If someone like Jada or Fab did what Wayne did last year THEN it would be considered a breakout year. For the most part we expected Wayne to do what he did.
grin.gif
People expected him to sell well, but no one could have predicted him to blow up into the superstar he is today.

I'm still
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
@ the fact he's doing Nike commercials with LeBron and Gatorade commercialswith MJ, Ali, and Jackie Robinson.

not even purplehazze could have seen that coming

Originally Posted by tmukg21

purplehazze96 wrote:

laugh.gif
If someone like Jada or Fab did what Wayne
did last year THEN it would be considered a breakout year. For the most part we expected Wayne to do what he did.
grin.gif

grin.gif
Damn i hate that emoticon
smh.gif

No son i didn't expect Wayne to sell a million his first week, but i damn sure wasn't surprised when he did. Maybe your perception of Wayne at the timewas off but The Carter III was the most anticipated hip hop album in recent memory.

roll.gif
how you gonna have a breakout year when a decade earlier you already went platinum???????

Did he emerge as a superstar? Yes, but to say it was his breakout year is wrong.

I have a feeling that Jim Jones is gonna have a huge year

He's a lot smarter of an artist then people give him credit for... also he got a money hungry Dame Dash behind him

Just my thoughts

Fabolous
Drake
Wale

But I really see big things for Drake. I mean not only does he flow effortless, but he can sing as well. And thats marketable and easier to crossover.

Jae Millz, Saigon, Skillz, Royce Da 59, Papoose, Joell Ortiz, J.R. Writer, Jae Hood...

Actually I like Wale a lot cause he does have mainstream appeal. Also, feel the same way about Kid Cudi and Asher Roth. Everybody else for the "newbreed", eh not so much. A lot of them can spit, but they don't have that mainstream appeal. Maybe in a few years one of em like B.O.B. or Blu can geta comeback player of the year award.

Originally Posted by space jam XI

Jae Millz, Saigon, Skillz, Royce Da 59, Papoose, Joell Ortiz, J.R. Writer, Jae Hood...

Actually I like Wale a lot cause he does have mainstream appeal. Also, feel the same way about Kid Cudi and Asher Roth. Everybody else for the "new breed", eh not so much. A lot of them can spit, but they don't have that mainstream appeal. Maybe in a few years one of em like B.O.B. or Blu can get a comeback player of the year award.

Hmmm... This dude has me thinking he has that Em type of appeal. Regardless his spit is hot.

Of course Drake and Jae Millz but I have a feeling that one or both of them will get terrible pushes from their labels. Aka no promo.

I really WANT Budden to have a good year, idk how possible that is but I'm pulling for it. Wale will make noise, and Drake has success written all overhim, but I think Asher Roth will be huge. When the "I Love College" video drops, it's a wrap, people will eat that up.

Back
Top Bottom