Whos a better seller, Kobe or Lebron?

Your responses are only accounting for a single category of merchandise (footwear) in isolated markets of one country (U.S.)  The big picture includes global sales of apparel, accessories, and equipment.  Another thing to consider is that Kobe didn't just endorse his signature collection - he was associated with product lines such as the Hyperdunk and Air Zoom Huarache.  I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I would guess that Kobe probably has more total sales than LeBron at this point. 

Your responses are only accounting for a single category of merchandise (footwear) in isolated markets of one country (U.S.)  The big picture includes global sales of apparel, accessories, and equipment.  Another thing to consider is that Kobe didn't just endorse his signature collection - he was associated with product lines such as the Hyperdunk and Air Zoom Huarache.  I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I would guess that Kobe probably has more total sales than LeBron at this point. 

Originally Posted by size twelve

In the Asia/Pacific region, Kobe outsells LeBron and Jordan.. COMBINED.
funny because it's super hard to buy anything kobe in asia. ANYTHING.
socks, tshirts, shorts GR shoes and don't even think about limiteds...
people devour these things. I remember just last month I was on a hunt for
this kobe shirt. went out of my way TO GET A SHIRT. Lebrons on the other
hand sit and get discounted like 2 months in (at least here in PI) and STILL
no one would buy them. I remember the del sol 6s selling out fast. Kobe is
too popular in asia.

And just because LeBrons are being sold at this place and Kobes aren't doesn't
mean anything. Does an item's presence indicate a sale? It does mean that
people CAN buy them it doesn't mean the WILL.

just my .02

Originally Posted by size twelve

In the Asia/Pacific region, Kobe outsells LeBron and Jordan.. COMBINED.
funny because it's super hard to buy anything kobe in asia. ANYTHING.
socks, tshirts, shorts GR shoes and don't even think about limiteds...
people devour these things. I remember just last month I was on a hunt for
this kobe shirt. went out of my way TO GET A SHIRT. Lebrons on the other
hand sit and get discounted like 2 months in (at least here in PI) and STILL
no one would buy them. I remember the del sol 6s selling out fast. Kobe is
too popular in asia.

And just because LeBrons are being sold at this place and Kobes aren't doesn't
mean anything. Does an item's presence indicate a sale? It does mean that
people CAN buy them it doesn't mean the WILL.

just my .02

Originally Posted by CWK

But we aren't talking about all of that. We are discussing sig shoe versus sig shoe, correct?  When eastbay does their tally, they do not count apparel either. Several stores, including the one I buy from in Greenwich CT, didn't even get the last two Kobe sigs, due to the poor sales of the IV. The owner told me this. I had to go the Footlocker Superstore in the Stamford Town center, in order to find them. As of last week when I went there, they still had full size runs in five colors, including the tours. 

Originally Posted by CWK

But we aren't talking about all of that. We are discussing sig shoe versus sig shoe, correct?  When eastbay does their tally, they do not count apparel either. Several stores, including the one I buy from in Greenwich CT, didn't even get the last two Kobe sigs, due to the poor sales of the IV. The owner told me this. I had to go the Footlocker Superstore in the Stamford Town center, in order to find them. As of last week when I went there, they still had full size runs in five colors, including the tours. 

Originally Posted by maronandlando

here in the Philippines, i haven't seen a lot of lebron, but A LOT of kobes.

heres the deal, lebron VIII V1, V2 are already on sale on most retail stores.

whereas, the kobe Vs are still on SRP.
exactly. funny how the zk5s (inks/wolf greys) are on retail still. Brons hit outlet with the quickness.

And in major PI leagues, majority of the players wear kobes. from center to the coach down to the waterboy.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by maronandlando

here in the Philippines, i haven't seen a lot of lebron, but A LOT of kobes.

heres the deal, lebron VIII V1, V2 are already on sale on most retail stores.

whereas, the kobe Vs are still on SRP.
exactly. funny how the zk5s (inks/wolf greys) are on retail still. Brons hit outlet with the quickness.

And in major PI leagues, majority of the players wear kobes. from center to the coach down to the waterboy.
smile.gif

Well, I do not live in Asia. If Nike and Kobe are relying on Asia for support, then that's cool. However, here in the states, it is a completely different story. LeBron is winning, but perhaps, not for long. His latest statements might put a hole in his balloon.

Side note, I'd bet Nike is grooming Blake Griffin to take the mantle from both Kobe and LeBron. To tell the truth, it is not a bad move either.

Well, I do not live in Asia. If Nike and Kobe are relying on Asia for support, then that's cool. However, here in the states, it is a completely different story. LeBron is winning, but perhaps, not for long. His latest statements might put a hole in his balloon.

Side note, I'd bet Nike is grooming Blake Griffin to take the mantle from both Kobe and LeBron. To tell the truth, it is not a bad move either.

Originally Posted by never wear them

I can't even imagine how it is in Asia...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=-M0xchXccxk

kobe packs every venue on his tour. I remember I got like 8-10 tickets the last time he went
here and people were trying to buy them at ridiculous prices just to hear him talk and dribble.
I also recall people camping out including me 10 hours (started at 4am) just to greet him in his
first stop.
nerd.gif

buying GRs here is a mission if you're 2 weeks late.

Originally Posted by never wear them

I can't even imagine how it is in Asia...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=-M0xchXccxk

kobe packs every venue on his tour. I remember I got like 8-10 tickets the last time he went
here and people were trying to buy them at ridiculous prices just to hear him talk and dribble.
I also recall people camping out including me 10 hours (started at 4am) just to greet him in his
first stop.
nerd.gif

buying GRs here is a mission if you're 2 weeks late.

We are going to see how well Kobe keeps doing with the price increase of his VII. I was a fan of the VI... I sort of liked the IIIs and really had an affinity for the IIs. The V's in certain colorways NWT made me a slight fan of those...

But I dont see me in the VIIs at that price point right now.

I may feel the same about the Bron IX....but to tell you the truth.. I have NO clue how some of those Jordan Models are doing that well. Thats crazy and impressive all at the same time. I saw the 2011's and that pack that just released and there is nothing that can make me like them at all. They look like bad booty.

We are going to see how well Kobe keeps doing with the price increase of his VII. I was a fan of the VI... I sort of liked the IIIs and really had an affinity for the IIs. The V's in certain colorways NWT made me a slight fan of those...

But I dont see me in the VIIs at that price point right now.

I may feel the same about the Bron IX....but to tell you the truth.. I have NO clue how some of those Jordan Models are doing that well. Thats crazy and impressive all at the same time. I saw the 2011's and that pack that just released and there is nothing that can make me like them at all. They look like bad booty.

Originally Posted by W Alston

Originally Posted by CFC24

Mostly dictated by Nike. Nike puts more money and advertising into LeBron, but Kobe's popularity in China and around the world is massive due to his Championships. To refute the above poster, I see Kobe's on more legit ballers than I do 'Brons. Sneakerheads who can ball (more often than not) are wearing Kobe's. Sneakerheads who are into the hype or wear what the rap game reps are wearing LeBron's (more often than not). I've worn both, and LeBron's shoes are like bricks on the court. Too heavy. Kobe's have always been more concentrated on performance. 

Some of these comments....
roll.gif

Hilarious!
Just judging based on what my eyes have seen out here in Cali. The majority of people who can actually play vs. those who just want a run out... are wearing Kobe's. Don't judge me on my avy, I've owned LeBron's too. Didn't know I was buying Timberlands though.

Originally Posted by W Alston

Originally Posted by CFC24

Mostly dictated by Nike. Nike puts more money and advertising into LeBron, but Kobe's popularity in China and around the world is massive due to his Championships. To refute the above poster, I see Kobe's on more legit ballers than I do 'Brons. Sneakerheads who can ball (more often than not) are wearing Kobe's. Sneakerheads who are into the hype or wear what the rap game reps are wearing LeBron's (more often than not). I've worn both, and LeBron's shoes are like bricks on the court. Too heavy. Kobe's have always been more concentrated on performance. 

Some of these comments....
roll.gif

Hilarious!
Just judging based on what my eyes have seen out here in Cali. The majority of people who can actually play vs. those who just want a run out... are wearing Kobe's. Don't judge me on my avy, I've owned LeBron's too. Didn't know I was buying Timberlands though.

Kobe's all day here in the Bay Area. I've only seen like one guy with LeBrons (South Beach) at a local mall lol

Back
Top Bottom