Why do Local Rappers hate on other local Rappers?

Crabs-in-a-Barrel.jpg

Seems like LA rappers don't do this as much. Even though some of them have come up (Dom K, Nipsey) and others haven't to the same degree (Pac Div, UNI)

Speaking of Pac Div, they put out some good music, I'm still surprised that they didn't catch on.

To answer OP's question, most dudes that rap seem to have nothing else going for them. They might hustle, but a lot of them have never been able to hold a legit job and like it was already said, they're afraid that the next man is going to blow before them and eat. The sad thing is if they supported each other's movements and brought each other up (given a certrain level of talent and credibility) they could all eat together, but most can't see that picture.

Doing battle raps and freestyle contests can't help the lack of friendliness. If you're competitive, you wanna win. Especially when the other guy is talking smack about you in front of hundreds of people (even if it's only for entertainment purposes).

I don't think the hat e is real its all friendly talk like I used to rap myself and then I got sick like most local rappers do, ended up quitting but I still owe it to myself to memories.

Back
Top Bottom