Why do people like the Wire ?

i got this from wikipedia becuase i remember reading the times naming it the bes show in the 2000s decade

Several reviewers have called it the best show on television, including TIME,[sup][74][/sup]Entertainmeeekly,[sup][66][/sup] the Chicago Tribune,[sup][75][/sup]Slate,[sup][55][/sup] the San Francisco Chronicle,[sup][76][/sup] the Philadelphia Daily News[sup][77][/sup] and the British newspaper The Guardian,[sup][38][/sup] which ran a week-by-week blog following every episode,[sup][78][/sup] also collected in a book, The Wire Re-up.[sup][79][/sup]Charlie Brooker, a columnist for The Guardian, has been particularly copious in his praise of the show, in both his column "Screen Burn" and his BBC Four television series Screenwipe, in which he often speaks highly of it, calling it possibly the greatest show of the last 20 years.[sup][80][/sup][sup][81][/sup] In 2009, TIME listed it as the best television series of the 2000s.[sup][82][/sup]
'The Wire Files', an online collection of articles published in darkmatter Journal critically analyzes The Wire's racialized politics and aesthetics of representation.[sup][83][/sup]Entertainment Weekly put it on its end-of-the-decade, "best-of" list, saying, "The deft writing—which used the cop-genre format to give shape to creator David Simon's scathing social critiques—was matched by one of the deepest benches of acting talent in TV history."[sup][8
[/sup]

soo i guess its just not nt that likes this show , if you ask me overall it was better then the sopranos,

1 season was pretty good. 2nd season was mad boring compared to the first one... so i just stopped watching altogether

1 season was pretty good. 2nd season was mad boring compared to the first one... so i just stopped watching altogether

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

i tried to watch it the few episodes i seen had too much talking going on, was kinda boring to me
laugh.gif

How old are you? You're a checkers instead of chess dude huh?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

i tried to watch it the few episodes i seen had too much talking going on, was kinda boring to me
laugh.gif

How old are you? You're a checkers instead of chess dude huh?

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

No one has even said anything to back up their argument as to why they like it ... might tell me something about their fans. Oh and to the guy that said IMDB rated it a 9.7 , those votes can be submitted by anyone for all I know you probablly voted over and over again.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
trollin

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

No one has even said anything to back up their argument as to why they like it ... might tell me something about their fans. Oh and to the guy that said IMDB rated it a 9.7 , those votes can be submitted by anyone for all I know you probablly voted over and over again.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
trollin

i couldnt get into it either.. way too much talking going on... and i start to focus on something else about life when that goes on.. .

i couldnt get into it either.. way too much talking going on... and i start to focus on something else about life when that goes on.. .

The talking I didn't mind, as for the character building I guess we were watching a different show because with the amount of time ( 1 hr episodes and 5 seasons) I think they failed to really get into that. I understand its taking alot of real life situations and translating it to tv screens, but dont alot of shows do that? Is there a consensus on the best season, like mentioned I seen most of seasons 1 -3 , had to drop it at that point .

The talking I didn't mind, as for the character building I guess we were watching a different show because with the amount of time ( 1 hr episodes and 5 seasons) I think they failed to really get into that. I understand its taking alot of real life situations and translating it to tv screens, but dont alot of shows do that? Is there a consensus on the best season, like mentioned I seen most of seasons 1 -3 , had to drop it at that point .

laugh.gif
"at way too much talking".. one thing i noticed in common with people who don't like The Wire is that they have low attention spans. you guys didn't too well in school, huh?

if you don't get it, there's no point in anybody trying to help you get it. your parents should have cut off your video games as a child/put you on ritalin, its too late now.

laugh.gif
"at way too much talking".. one thing i noticed in common with people who don't like The Wire is that they have low attention spans. you guys didn't too well in school, huh?

if you don't get it, there's no point in anybody trying to help you get it. your parents should have cut off your video games as a child/put you on ritalin, its too late now.

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif

You missed my comment right above yours talk about attention spans
laugh.gif
  I don't like the wire and didn't mind the talking ..... It is important to read buddy

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif

You missed my comment right above yours talk about attention spans
laugh.gif
  I don't like the wire and didn't mind the talking ..... It is important to read buddy

Yeah it's not just NT... Ask old white TV critics how good the Wire was, and they will give you the same response you hear on NT..

It was that good... The plot (minus some of the garbage they had in the second season) was superb.. The characters were realistic, and the whole show was about as realistic as you could get to the subject matter..

Not only that but the script was so well written, you became immersed into the plot lines... When Bodie gets killed you actually felt bad because he wasn't just a drug dealer, he was the epitome of a good guy caught in a war he couldn't win.

Yeah it's not just NT... Ask old white TV critics how good the Wire was, and they will give you the same response you hear on NT..

It was that good... The plot (minus some of the garbage they had in the second season) was superb.. The characters were realistic, and the whole show was about as realistic as you could get to the subject matter..

Not only that but the script was so well written, you became immersed into the plot lines... When Bodie gets killed you actually felt bad because he wasn't just a drug dealer, he was the epitome of a good guy caught in a war he couldn't win.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Orfiyus

Everyone jumped on the bandwagon in the last season. LOL when it aired on BET people acted like it was brand new. It was out years before then and nobody gave a crap about it.

I watched the first 2 seasons on HBO. There were to many characters and I couldnt remember who was who and why I should care who they are in the first season. Gave the second season a chance and thought it wasnt bad. The polacks plot line was way better then the first season Barskdale mess.

Anyway after the second season I moved on with my life and never heard of the show again till it aired on BET. Its overrated imo.

Sopranos and Oz are way better then the wire.
Or just maybe those people that "hopped on" didn't have Premium Channels?
grin.gif
There are ways around not having premium channels and still watching what you want.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Everyone jumped on the bandwagon in the last season. LOL when it aired on BET people acted like it was brand new. It was out years before then and nobody gave a crap about it.

I watched the first 2 seasons on HBO. There were to many characters and I couldnt remember who was who and why I should care who they are in the first season. Gave the second season a chance and thought it wasnt bad. The polacks plot line was way better then the first season Barskdale mess.

Anyway after the second season I moved on with my life and never heard of the show again till it aired on BET. Its overrated imo.

Sopranos and Oz are way better then the wire.
Or just maybe those people that "hopped on" didn't have Premium Channels?
grin.gif
There are ways around not having premium channels and still watching what you want.

Originally Posted by Essential1

GIFSoup

Originally Posted by Essential1

GIFSoup

That doesn't negate my statement. A LOT of people that I personally know didn't like the Wire until it came on BET because they didn't have HBO.

And even though people on here like to think the behaviors of NT'ers are the majority, a LOT of people have no idea how to watch stuff online for free if they don't have the channel.

Or just maybe those people that "hopped on" didn't have Premium Channels

That doesn't negate my statement. A LOT of people that I personally know didn't like the Wire until it came on BET because they didn't have HBO.

And even though people on here like to think the behaviors of NT'ers are the majority, a LOT of people have no idea how to watch stuff online for free if they don't have the channel.

Or just maybe those people that "hopped on" didn't have Premium Channels

Back
Top Bottom