Why does everyone wanna be "rich"?

There is something to be said about not worrying where your next meal will come from. With money, you are guaranteed to eat, and with even more money, you can guarantee that your family will eat as well, for years to come.

There is some serious comfort in knowing that.
The most important thing you can pass on to your family and children isn't money.. it's a work ethic, and perspective on life. Look at how many people born into money end up broke/depressed/drug addicts/etc

I guess i can see why some rich people are suicidal. They have nothing that they cant have. Once you know you can get nearly anything you want. You might be getting bored or tired or use to it that it doesnt mean that much as it would if you didnt have the money.

+ the fact people just look at you like a walking dollar sign

There is something to be said about not worrying where your next meal will come from. With money, you are guaranteed to eat, and with even more money, you can guarantee that your family will eat as well, for years to come.

There is some serious comfort in knowing that.

Comfort and peace of mind is the key. I'd love to get to that point and be more at ease. One day.

I just want to live comfortably. Have bills paid on time, and have enough money to travel with family. I mean money is nice, but there's more to life than just money.

You need money to travel ,Need Money to open a business need money to buy the sneakers you want,Need money to start that PMC of your dreams . I want it all man ALL.I dont care about just having enough I want more I want to do things regular people cant do I want the satsifaction if I go to New York I can shop and buy what I want and eat where I want with no problems.I want to go to tokyo and chill in Shibuya and do what I want.I want to walk around London and buy that handmade suit and shoes and not even look at the price on it. I want to walk into Nike Campus and sit down walk out with a Van full of sneakers .I want courtside seats.i want to bury in eithr the loius store or the gucci store depending on what big booty girl I had for my birthday..

The most important thing you can pass on to your family and children isn't money.. it's a work ethic, and perspective on life. Look at how many people born into money end up broke/depressed/drug addicts/etc
That's a slave mindset that you are presenting there, pie in the sky mentality. I know many who are not broke, depressed, nor drug addicts due to their access to wealth.

Money gives you access, power, and then the ability to learn things that many are not able to attain. Want to travel the world? You need money. Want to eat? You need money. Want to go to college, furthering your education? You need money. More money? The more things you can do. Do not let anyone tell you that attaining wealth is a bad thing. If they are telling you this, then they have no clue as to what they are talking about. 

Last edited:
That's a slave mindset that you are presenting there, pie in the sky mentality. I know many who are not broke, depressed, nor drug addicts due to their wealth.

Money gives you access, power, and the the ability to learn things that many are not able to attain. Want to travel the world? You need money. Want to eat? You need money. Want to go to college, furthering your education? You need money. More money? The more things you can do. Do not let anyone tell you that attaining wealth is a bad thing, if they are telling you this, then they have no clue as to what they are talking about. 

I don't think dude was saying passing on wealth is bad. More like there are some more important mental things that need to passed down as well.

I don't think dude was saying passing on wealth is bad. More like there are some more important mental things that need to passed down as well.
You first must attain it, before you can pass it on. You can't walk in with the mindset that you don't need it, and that there are more things that are important. That's a scam.  

Last edited:
That's a slave mindset that you are presenting there, pie in the sky mentality. I know many who are not broke, depressed, nor drug addicts due to their access to wealth.

Money gives you access, power, and the the ability to learn things that many are not able to attain. Want to travel the world? You need money. Want to eat? You need money. Want to go to college, furthering your education? You need money. More money? The more things you can do. Do not let anyone tell you that attaining wealth is a bad thing. If they are telling you this, then they have no clue as to what they are talking about. 

Never mind my car, careful what you wish for
Behind every curtain the devil and his pitchfork
Jealousy, I ask thee: What is this for?
How was I to know I was happy being piss poor?

Clipse

Its normally not that easy of a trade off with wealth comes responsibility. Normally you can manage your 100k and 40 hours a week at work. But when you are "wealthy" you are hung up doing 1000 things and you don't have the time or freedom to do everything you want. I don't think anyone is saying being poor > being rich. But the mind set of "if i just make more money I will be happier" is a prevailing thought in today's society but isn't true. There is a point we all want to reach called manageable. Not pay check to pay check but not Bentley Driving MAybach crashing lifestyle.

Clipse
Its normally not that easy of a trade off with wealth comes responsibility. Normally you can manage your 100k and 40 hours a week at work. But when you are "wealthy" you are hung up doing 1000 things and you don't have the time or freedom to do everything you want. I don't think anyone is saying being poor > being rich. But the mind set of "if i just make more money I will be happier" is a prevailing thought in today's society but isn't true. There is a point we all want to reach called manageable. Not pay check to pay check but not Bentley Driving MAybach crashing lifestyle.
Again, slave mindset. Nobody in his right mind would deny wealth. The whole pie in the sky mindset was created to keep the slaves under the thumb of the oppressors, because if the slave ever thought that he could gain wealth, he'd no longer remain captive.

Independence is gained through wealth, and then is at the foundation of Nation building. There is a reason that certain nations, have no power.

Clipse

Again, slave mindset. Nobody in his right mind would deny wealth. The whole pie in the sky mindset was created to keep the slaves under the thumb of the oppressors, because if the slave ever thought that he could gain wealth, he'd no longer remain captive.

Independence is gained through wealth, and then is at the foundation of Nation building. There is a reason that certain nations, have no power.

I hear you man but you can look at it the other way.

They want you to think wealth is obtainable when in reality real wealth isn't for 99% of the population. They want you to think i can become wealthy. They then can control you. They keep you at work longer....they tell you if you want to make it you need an Armani suit or you won't be respected. You need this you need that its an endless chase. They don't want you to realize you don't really need all that money to be happy. Happiness comes from the inside.

What's the annual salary that qualities one to be rich. Just wondering cause I can relate to a lot of these BRB responses and I don't even view myself as rich.

They want you to think wealth is obtainable when in reality real wealth isn't for 99% of the population. They want you to think i can become wealthy. They then can control you. They keep you at work longer....they tell you if you want to make it you need an Armani suit or you won't be respected. You need this you need that its an endless chase. They don't want you to realize you don't really need all that money to be happy. Happiness comes from the inside.
You are not going to become rich, while working for someone else, this is clear. You must create your own. In this country, the quickest way to make money, is to create a market, finding that thing that everyone needs. That's capitalism at its best. 

Happiness is subjective, so if you create something, then doing it out of love, you aren't really working. It's even better if you are doing it for your own profit.

If you really good at it, others will want to know what you know, then be willing to pay for it.

You are not going to become rich, while working for someone else, this is clear. You must create your own. In this country, the quickest way to make money, is to create a market, finding that thing that everyone needs. That's capitalism at its best. 

Happiness is subjective, so if you create something, then doing it out of love, you aren't really working. It's even better if you are doing it for your own profit.

If you really good at it, others will want to know what you know, then be willing to pay for it.

Completely agree but man you make it sound so easy :lol:

Just for me personally, I am a financial analyst for NASA. I love my job and i love working with my group. Technically for me (as a government employee) to never be working for someone i would have to be the President because he is my ultimate boss technically speaking. I have a government pay schedule so I basically know how much I will make each year. I can see my pay future and i know i will never be wealthy as long as i am here. But I really like what i do and don't plan on leaving. I have come to realize my happiness isn't derived from money. It is derived from every day coming to work and enjoying it, having a flexible schedule to take off and still have a social life.

I think people just focus too much on what the other man has in this country and doesn't stop and look at how fortunate they really are.

NBA players, some coaches, NFL players, basically all athletes work for someone, actors work for people, hell.. basically all entertainers work for someone and are rich.

NBA players, some coaches, NFL players, basically all athletes work for someone, actors work for people, hell.. basically all entertainers work for someone and are rich.
Outliers.

The people who own the teams and production companies are wealthy, so there is a difference. How many people actually get the chance to become rich under those circumstances anyway?

Because of the rampant promotion and constant advertising that advocates materialism and consumerism. Largest detriment to American society. People would literally sell their souls at the expense of negatively impacting community and society to achieve material wealth and material growth.

Completely agree but man you make it sound so easy
laugh.gif

Just for me personally, I am a financial analyst for NASA. I love my job and i love working with my group. Technically for me (as a government employee) to never be working for someone i would have to be the President because he is my ultimate boss technically speaking. I have a government pay schedule so I basically know how much I will make each year. I can see my pay future and i know i will never be wealthy as long as i am here. But I really like what i do and don't plan on leaving. I have come to realize my happiness isn't derived from money. It is derived from every day coming to work and enjoying it, having a flexible schedule to take off and still have a social life.
I think people just focus too much on what the other man has in this country and doesn't stop and look at how fortunate they really are.
Having perspective is incredibly important, there is no doubt about it, that is unless you grow up dirt poor. In these financial times, many a fortune has been lost. I used to work for a major brokerage firm in NYC, that no longer exists. I have seen cats who had it made, living large, homes in Greenwich CT, and in South Beach, lose it all. One of my close associates still has his name on the building, then is broke. 

Problem?

The lack of foresight, then forgetting to evolve then keeping focused on the future.

Learn from the mistakes from others, but the only way to do that in regard to making money, is to be around people who have actually HAD money.

This is the problem with some people, athletes for example, who suddenly come into money. They are surrounded by people who never had any, and they are listening to them for advice. Big mistake.

If you really want to be happy, do something you love. If you want to be rich? Create a market.

Last edited:
It all has to do with financial stability. Would you rather have $1 or $0?
Honestly, if I were a millionaire, I would continue working, as well. I get bored as hell on my days off from work. There's only so much video games, watching tv, going on the internet, etc. that I can do.

It all has to do with financial stability. Would you rather have $1 or $0?
Honestly, if I were a millionaire, I would continue working, as well. I get bored as hell on my days off from work. There's only so much video games, watching tv, going on the internet, etc. that I can do.

You must be a boring person. If you have millions and cant find ways to have fun.

:D

these tech millionaires that get a lump sum of money by selling their website/company.

must be nice getting something like $10 million at 25 and just retiring.

:pimp:

Clipse

Thank you.

What is this "slave mindset" business? If anything, you are the one under the slave mindset because they've got you playing a game they know you can never win. Once certain people get on top, the first thing they want to do is disarm everyone underneath them because they're insecure and want to remain in power. So they drum it into your heads that you need to buy buy buy, and that the purpose of life is the pursuit of material goods. So you join their rat race and continually feel unsatisfied, all the while just fattening their pockets as they look down on you and laugh.

My point from earlier wasn't that all people who are privileged with money are unhappy. My point is that people with money, are generally no happier than people earning an average income (confirmed not just through my personal experience, but also through hundreds, thousands of scientific studies spanning the past century), thus PROVING that it is not money that brings happiness but clearly other factors. Does this make sense? It's like when you were learning fractions in school and you had to find the common denominator. Money isn't the common denominator for happiness. If you were right, then all wealthy people would be just bursting with joy, running through the streets. But this is clearly not the case.

So what are the actual factors that bring happiness? Well, many people have discussed their opinions on that throughout this thread, but it certainly isn't money.

We as humans cannot control external events, we can only control our internal reactions to events and how we choose to perceive them. So assuming someone wanted to develop an optimal plan for living life, it would not make sense to base their happiness and sense of well-being on external factors out of their control (how much money they have, what social class they are in, etc). Instead, it would make sense to base one's happiness on something that will always be there, which is your internal sense of self. The people in power don't want that, of course.. they'd rather have you think that you need to have money to ever feel fulfilled in life, because that keeps the 99% fighting against each other to get the top while they sit back and get fat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom