Why don't sportcasters keep it real about Lebron?

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

You know nothing about basketball.
Do you watch the games or just skim through it? Prove me wrong. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not speaking on a pure team basketball level (as lebron is a great player in this aspect)...but when it comes to being the greatest individual player, this is a flaw in his game. WATCH THE GAMES. It's so easy to see.

LeBron has one of the most explosive first steps the league has seen (watch and read some scouting reports). Combine that with his speed, massive frame, and brute strength, and you got a guy who can get to the rim against anyone (and has). So I have no idea what you're talking about.

Regardless, dudes on NT love to do this. Bring down a guy because of what he can't do, without regarding what he can and does do. Dwight is already an all-time great defender and incredibly efficient offensive player, but he smiles too much and misses some free throws, so he's not worth talking about. LeBron is the best player in the league, great passer, defender, etc. but you're criticizing him why, exactly? Because he doesn't jack up useless shots in isolation? Okay. He's hitting 44% of his shots in isolation btw, well above average.

Oh, and amel, I'm glad you were able to pull yourself away from your D-Rose shrine to dismiss me. Good for you.

Sorry, but his numbers don't lie.

eat_head.gif

I dont know about being a TMAC #2 but he def has offensive weaknesses. Inconsistant jumper comes to mind the most. Tho he is still  a great player. However I do agree with you about most Sportscasters being on that Lebron swing!

He has No shake at all

He is very stiff in his shoulders and hips.

he's not the quickest out the gate but he can maintain his speed with that stride length for a long time

His first step isnot one of the most explosive, its good not great. He doesnt gain great seperation from defenders who are similar in speed to him.

I dont know about being a TMAC #2 but he def has offensive weaknesses. Inconsistant jumper comes to mind the most. Tho he is still  a great player. However I do agree with you about most Sportscasters being on that Lebron swing!

He has No shake at all

He is very stiff in his shoulders and hips.

he's not the quickest out the gate but he can maintain his speed with that stride length for a long time

His first step isnot one of the most explosive, its good not great. He doesnt gain great seperation from defenders who are similar in speed to him.

Do you watch the games or just skim through it? Prove me wrong. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not speaking on a pure team basketball level (as lebron is a great player in this aspect)...but when it comes to being the greatest individual player, this is a flaw in his game. WATCH THE GAMES. It's so easy to see.

LeBron has one of the most explosive first steps the league has seen (watch and read some scouting reports). Combine that with his speed, massive frame, and brute strength, and you got a guy who can get to the rim against anyone (and has). So I have no idea what you're talking about.

Regardless, dudes on NT love to do this. Bring down a guy because of what he can't do, without regarding what he can and does do. Dwight is already an all-time great defender and incredibly efficient offensive player, but he smiles too much and misses some free throws, so he's not worth talking about. LeBron is the best player in the league, great passer, defender, etc. but you're criticizing him why, exactly? Because he doesn't jack up useless shots in isolation? Okay. He's hitting 44% of his shots in isolation btw, well above average.

Oh, and amel, I'm glad you were able to pull yourself away from your D-Rose shrine to dismiss me. Good for you.

./thread

./thread

The "watch the games" cliche is an intellectually lazy argument spewed by sports fans who refuse to actually look at evidence. Any ever shred of it points to LeBron wing the best offensive player in the league.If you can't SEE that, then that's your problem.

The "watch the games" cliche is an intellectually lazy argument spewed by sports fans who refuse to actually look at evidence. Any ever shred of it points to LeBron wing the best offensive player in the league.If you can't SEE that, then that's your problem.

Edit: warned for free posting. "Didn't read"?  Click 'back' on your browser next time.

"Stephen Curry is a better defender than Monta Ellis"

"Lebron has the most explosive first step in the league"

"Chris Paul is by far the best point guard this year"

I'm sorry, but you make it hard not to. 

Edit: warned for free posting. "Didn't read"?  Click 'back' on your browser next time.

I just hope that if/when the heat get to the finals everybody who laughed at the squad/spent the year poo-pooing on 'Bron shows face.

I just hope that if/when the heat get to the finals everybody who laughed at the squad/spent the year poo-pooing on 'Bron shows face.

I've seen a lot of criticism of Lebron on here, some of it justified, but not being able to beat his man 1 on 1 is a new one to me.

I've seen a lot of criticism of Lebron on here, some of it justified, but not being able to beat his man 1 on 1 is a new one to me.

LeBron has one of the most explosive first steps the league has seen (watch and read some scouting reports).
No he doesn't stop lying to yourself. Instead of reading and watching scouting reports...watch the games! People mistake his speed up and down the court with his ability to beat his man consistently. He can't! I've watched him play too much for my mind to be changed by some lame nbadraft.net "scouting report".

Combine that with his speed, massive frame, and brute strength, and you got a guy who can get to the rim against anyone (and has). So I have no idea what you're talking about.

You have no idea because you don't really be "watching". Sure, there are rare occasions where against a solid defending SF LeBron can beat his man...but 95% of the time, this dude uses a screen because he consistently can't. In the same fashion that you can be a great team defender but a poor individual defender because the lack of lateral quicknes...you can have all those attributes you listed but still can't beat your man because the lack of a good first step. He needs a pick...get used to it.

It has nothing to do with criticizing him...I'm speaking what I believe the truth. I don't have any secret motives in sharing this information. I really honestly believe that Lebron lacks this part of the game. Is he a great player...sure - there are other things he does well that makes up for this flaw. But I can't proclaim him anywhere in the atmosphere of the best player in the league with this type of obvious shortcoming. And what I highlighted is the reason why I believe more respected sportscasters don't keep it real...it comes off like you are glamourizing a individual and sometimes negative aspect of the
game. It has nothing to do with that. I just know what I see.

LeBron has one of the most explosive first steps the league has seen (watch and read some scouting reports).
No he doesn't stop lying to yourself. Instead of reading and watching scouting reports...watch the games! People mistake his speed up and down the court with his ability to beat his man consistently. He can't! I've watched him play too much for my mind to be changed by some lame nbadraft.net "scouting report".

Combine that with his speed, massive frame, and brute strength, and you got a guy who can get to the rim against anyone (and has). So I have no idea what you're talking about.

You have no idea because you don't really be "watching". Sure, there are rare occasions where against a solid defending SF LeBron can beat his man...but 95% of the time, this dude uses a screen because he consistently can't. In the same fashion that you can be a great team defender but a poor individual defender because the lack of lateral quicknes...you can have all those attributes you listed but still can't beat your man because the lack of a good first step. He needs a pick...get used to it.

It has nothing to do with criticizing him...I'm speaking what I believe the truth. I don't have any secret motives in sharing this information. I really honestly believe that Lebron lacks this part of the game. Is he a great player...sure - there are other things he does well that makes up for this flaw. But I can't proclaim him anywhere in the atmosphere of the best player in the league with this type of obvious shortcoming. And what I highlighted is the reason why I believe more respected sportscasters don't keep it real...it comes off like you are glamourizing a individual and sometimes negative aspect of the
game. It has nothing to do with that. I just know what I see.

Originally Posted by amel223

-They're both terrible, but I think Curry is slightly less terrible. Mainly because he's more a point guard, and thus matches up better size-wise with the respective position.
-I said, "one of...."
-The "by far" was correct at the time, but I still think he's the better point man.

I don't care to look up the ridiculous crap you've said, but suffice to say, I couldn't care less what you think about basketball.

Originally Posted by amel223

-They're both terrible, but I think Curry is slightly less terrible. Mainly because he's more a point guard, and thus matches up better size-wise with the respective position.
-I said, "one of...."
-The "by far" was correct at the time, but I still think he's the better point man.

I don't care to look up the ridiculous crap you've said, but suffice to say, I couldn't care less what you think about basketball.

Ppl are still upset over the decision? critzicing him over his first step? really?

Lebron will be one of the most athetically gifted athletes in the league that we will watch in our lifetime along with some others. He will always be in MVP talks, All NBA teams, All Star teams regardless of a first step or not. Forget the fact that he choose to go down south, he cant hit game winners, he has a bad PR team, or his mom got into trouble or whatever it maybe. He is still a game changer rather a first step or nothing

Ppl are still upset over the decision? critzicing him over his first step? really?

Lebron will be one of the most athetically gifted athletes in the league that we will watch in our lifetime along with some others. He will always be in MVP talks, All NBA teams, All Star teams regardless of a first step or not. Forget the fact that he choose to go down south, he cant hit game winners, he has a bad PR team, or his mom got into trouble or whatever it maybe. He is still a game changer rather a first step or nothing

Back
Top Bottom