Why don't sportcasters keep it real about Lebron?

His game is evolving if you've followed his career closely. He's driving ALOT less than in previous years and his midrange game has started to improve, as well as his shot selection. For a perimeter player, I find it amazing that he shot 58% last month and over 51% for the season. He moves more off the ball and post way more than he ever did in Cleveland.

As for him not having a quick first step, I think he's near the top for those within his position. Its crazy to think that at his height/weight, he should be as quick as the elite PG's and SG's.

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

What are you talking about? Sure every point counts, but there's an obvious difference in the way team's strategize to desperately stop a player from scoring when the results of the possession are really critical. Now I know you are just saying stuff to just argue.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/WpSwX75zOW8"   

(idk how to embed.)

Take a look at this video. When you take a close look you realize that yes Lebron is playing well in a team concept, but it's very obvious that his offensive game is limited. He can't consistently beat his man, and he depends on picks in order to create much of his offense for his team (Same thing Andre Miller does). Sure, these are great plays to have in order to help your team win...but in game critical situations, the opposition isn't going to allow things to be that simple...which is why team's normally switch defenders. Look at the times Lebron actually scores and seriously ask yourself can he depend on those shots consistently when the game is on the line? That's where his shortcomings is. I sarcastically have the term "cheap points" (even I know that nothing in the NBA is easy)...but truthfully speaking, that's where a lot of his points comes from. When the game is on the line, there's no such thing as cheap points and that's why Lebron struggles.

Clutch play is among the most overrated aspects of the sport. Not that it isn't important, but some people often rank players only on the last few minutes if games instead of the WHOLE GAME which is inherently flawed.

What are you talking about? Sure every point counts, but there's an obvious difference in the way team's strategize to desperately stop a player from scoring when the results of the possession are really critical. Now I know you are just saying stuff to just argue.

(idk how to embed.)

Take a look at this video. When you take a close look you realize that yes Lebron is playing well in a team concept, but it's very obvious that his offensive game is limited. He can't consistently beat his man, and he depends on picks in order to create much of his offense for his team (Same thing Andre Miller does). Sure, these are great plays to have in order to help your team win...but in game critical situations, the opposition isn't going to allow things to be that simple...which is why team's normally switch defenders. Look at the times Lebron actually scores and seriously ask yourself can he depend on those shots consistently when the game is on the line? That's where his shortcomings is. I sarcastically have the term "cheap points" (even I know that nothing in the NBA is easy)...but truthfully speaking, that's where a lot of his points comes from. When the game is on the line, there's no such thing as cheap points and that's why Lebron struggles.

Clutch play is among the most overrated aspects of the sport. Not that it isn't important, but some people often rank players only on the last few minutes if games instead of the WHOLE GAME which is inherently flawed.

u cant be serious. his first step and explosiveness is what makes up for his lack of handles/crossover

u cant be serious. his first step and explosiveness is what makes up for his lack of handles/crossover

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Regardless, dudes on NT love to do this. Bring down a guy because of what he can't do, without regarding what he can and does do. Dwight is already an all-time great defender and incredibly efficient offensive player, but he smiles too much and misses some free throws, so he's not worth talking about. LeBron is the best player in the league, great passer, defender, etc. but you're criticizing him why, exactly?
This.

Originally Posted by JD617

I'veseen a lot of criticism of Lebron on here, some of it justified, butnot being able to beat his man 1 on 1 is a new one to me.
And this.

Bron definitely isn't the most polished player out there. But he does more than enough to overlook his deficiencies.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Regardless, dudes on NT love to do this. Bring down a guy because of what he can't do, without regarding what he can and does do. Dwight is already an all-time great defender and incredibly efficient offensive player, but he smiles too much and misses some free throws, so he's not worth talking about. LeBron is the best player in the league, great passer, defender, etc. but you're criticizing him why, exactly?
This.

Originally Posted by JD617

I'veseen a lot of criticism of Lebron on here, some of it justified, butnot being able to beat his man 1 on 1 is a new one to me.
And this.

Bron definitely isn't the most polished player out there. But he does more than enough to overlook his deficiencies.

laugh.gif
@ the vid... you really gonna pick a vid when are team was just learning how to play with each other and the coach still trying to figure out how to use the team strengths effectively?... that game was on NOV, 2.... if you dont think our offense has changed, i dont know what to tell you...

I think what OP meant to say is LeBron lacks skill. His J is weak, no post game, no "go to" move. He struggles in that sense, but his athleticism (including his first step) let him get by. Such a shame that he's the best player in the game, yet has so much more potential by improving his game with PRACTICE. You can learn how to post up, get a better J...but he hasn't in what is now his 8th season.

laugh.gif
@ the vid... you really gonna pick a vid when are team was just learning how to play with each other and the coach still trying to figure out how to use the team strengths effectively?... that game was on NOV, 2.... if you dont think our offense has changed, i dont know what to tell you...

I think what OP meant to say is LeBron lacks skill. His J is weak, no post game, no "go to" move. He struggles in that sense, but his athleticism (including his first step) let him get by. Such a shame that he's the best player in the game, yet has so much more potential by improving his game with PRACTICE. You can learn how to post up, get a better J...but he hasn't in what is now his 8th season.

I wish he'd used that body and post up more. He's destroy the Danny Grangers, Kevin Durants, and Trevor Arizas down low. Maybe he will when he starts to lose his hops and quickness.

I wish he'd used that body and post up more. He's destroy the Danny Grangers, Kevin Durants, and Trevor Arizas down low. Maybe he will when he starts to lose his hops and quickness.

(idk how to embed.)

(idk how to embed.)

Who cares?

Dude averages 27-7-7 for his career.

No, really though.  Why does it matter if his first step isn't "elite"? 

Who cares?

Dude averages 27-7-7 for his career.

No, really though.  Why does it matter if his first step isn't "elite"? 

Back
Top Bottom