Why is it so hard to drive the speed limit?

From age 16-19 I drive without insurance, so I ever sped. I was too paranoid of getting pulled over. Now that i have insurance I stay 5-10 miles over the limit, thankfully haven't gotten a speeding ticket yet

Where do y'all live at?

In my city, during rush hour or just any other time of the day, if we're aware the boys aren't out scumming for tickets you can expect everyone to be going 7-10+ over
Where you live at that traffic isn't crawling at rush hour?

I gotta admit I drive relatively fast. Freeway speed limit is 55-65mph in CA, I'm 80-85mph anytime the freeway is uncongested.

Might sound kind of fast but you gotta understand my driving style. I basically don't break on the freeway, straight coast 90% of time. When I'm going over 80 I understand the distance and timing between the next car/bend in road in front of me and I understand where the space is in the lanes to either side of me. No untelegraphed lane changes, strictly steady acceleration.

We going 85 but shorty say it feel like 60
pimp.gif
Lol Nebraska.

Only time traffic piles up during rush hour is if some prick is in the fast lane going 65 thinking that's fast or there's an accident.

State Troopers usually know to steer clear from rush hour, and the troopers are usually the ones zooming when their presence slows everyone to a crawl

Always drive ~5 above the speed limit. No reason to go any faster than that. I see folks blow past me only for me to end up right next to 'em smiling and nodding to 'em at the red-light.

This is me as well

I find it funny how impatient folks get.

Always drive ~5 above the speed limit. No reason to go any faster than that. I see folks blow past me only for me to end up right next to 'em smiling and nodding to 'em at the red-light.
On arterial streets, if I'm going five over the limit and you tailgate me, you can bet your *** I will slow down to one mile per hour below the speed limit. And, if you try and pass me, yes, I will speed up.

Really hate dudes like you on the road. That type of stuff causes accidents. No reason you should try to be petty when behind the wheel of two tons of metal. Get out of the way and let people pass you. The left lane is for passing, not for the 5-MPH Over The Limit Club.

Highway speeds I dont ever stay 80+, usually if I do its for quick bursts for whatever reason. I honestly like to stay in the 70 range. Streets I usually take my sweet *** time and go speed limit just cause its chill.

I just move with the flow of traffic....and I'll NEVER lead the pack in the left lane. If you're going 10-15+ over the limit, you gotta make sure you're between cars when doing this.

Some of these speed limits don't feel natural. And yes a bit of aggressive (safe) driving does save time. Especially if you maneuver around these clusters that like to drive 5-10 miles under the speed limit, won't open up to let a car in, and slow down 30 mph in the left lane of a 4 lane right at the exit they're trying to make instead of getting over earlier, despite this being their daily commute. Slower doesn't mean safer at all, that's the fallacy these fearful dodos try to push.

i dont understand how people can drive in packs.  they'll be on a 6 hour drive with the same cars next to them the whole time.  dont got time for it

If I have open highway in front of me I'm going above the speed limit. Not saying I'm driving like AC in the Bronco, but I personally couldn't drive patiently if there was space to roam.

id def drive a bit faster but i get lots of wind drag in my car, especially during the summer...

ive heard that using the air conditioning decreases gas efficiency so i never use it, so i keep my windows down...sucks because i cant hear the radio

id def drive a bit faster but i get lots of wind drag in my car, especially during the summer...

ive heard that using the air conditioning decreases gas efficiency so i never use it, so i keep my windows down...sucks because i cant hear the radio

So does keeping the window down :lol: all the air pulls the car essentially, at least from what I've heard. There's really no difference between driving w/ the A/C on or w/ the windows down.

I drive on the highway late at night, so I'm averaging 80-85 in a 65 mph zone. But I'm smart about it, I'll start approaching a hill, slow down to the speed limit, once I'm over the hill and it's all clear, back to the 80s. Same thing with turns and potential blind spots.

- I-95, and to a slightly lesser degree I-76, through Philly is essentially the American Autobahn (not during rush hour); especially on a motorcycle where speeds easily top 100+ mph
sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif

- NJ Turnpike - NYC to Philly, is 12 lanes of joy, as well.  But in Jersey you gotta be on your
nerd.gif
game, though...not quite like illadelph.

Man, I be FLYIN' on the freeway :smh:

I'm talking I'm bobbin' & weavin' through lanes like my name is Vin Diesel, b.

75-80 is my minimum mph.

After I got a speeding ticket last year, I was chilling for a cool while but my need for speed (pun intended 8) ) is too great.

The ironic thing is I hate dudes who street race & if I see some cat going fast trying to pass me up, I speed up & then slow down just to irritate them.

On some I can do it but you can't steez.

Man, I be FLYIN' on the freeway :smh:

I'm talking I'm bobbin' & weavin' through lanes like my name is Vin Diesel, b.

75-80 is my minimum mph.

After I got a speeding ticket last year, I was chilling for a cool while but my need for speed (pun intended 8) ) is too great.

The ironic thing is I hate dudes who street race & if I see some cat going fast trying to pass me up, I speed up & then slow down just to irritate them.

On some I can do it but you can't steez.

This especially the bolded.

I CAN drive the limit, when the police are around, but drive the speed limit?

Why?

driving the speed limit is for old people with bifocals and handicap stickers. 

Not but really, driving the speed limit can be boring especially when you're in the passenger seat. I have certain family members that like to drive the speed limit or a little below it and it really irritates me.

I drive above the speed limit most of the time because I want to get where I'm going a little faster and I hate seeing cars blow past me. Only time I will go the speed limit is when I'm in an area where the cops are known to be camping.

Funny thing is when I have my mom in the car with me because she gets nervous with my driving. Always trying to get me to slow down even though I'm doing like 8-10 above the speed limit. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom