Why is it so hard to drive the speed limit?

Man, I be FLYIN' on the freeway :smh:

I'm talking I'm bobbin' & weavin' through lanes like my name is Vin Diesel, b.

75-80 is my minimum mph.

After I got a speeding ticket last year, I was chilling for a cool while but my need for speed (pun intended 8) ) is too great.

The ironic thing is I hate dudes who street race & if I see some cat going fast trying to pass me up, I speed up & then slow down just to irritate them.

On some I can do it but you can't steez.

Why is it dudes in civics always are trying to start w/ someone? :lol:

I thought the unwritten societal rule is, on the highway follow traffic and going 5-10 mph faster than advised is cool unless traffic or weather dictates otherwise.

and the main streets remain on the advised mph as people or animals can pop out of nowhere. 

I hate slow drivers though and those that pause for every turn and every little bump on the road. like what the ****. 

Man, I be FLYIN' on the freeway :smh:

I'm talking I'm bobbin' & weavin' through lanes like my name is Vin Diesel, b.

75-80 is my minimum mph.

After I got a speeding ticket last year, I was chilling for a cool while but my need for speed (pun intended 8) ) is too great.

The ironic thing is I hate dudes who street race & if I see some cat going fast trying to pass me up, I speed up & then slow down just to irritate them.

On some I can do it but you can't steez.

Puerto Ricnas, man.

Jk.

I'm Puerto Rican, if that matters.:lol:

Last edited:
Was running late to work today. Did 75 in a 60 and saved me like 5 minutes. Doesn't seem like much, but those 5 minutes I shaved off actually prevented me from being tardy today.

Gas is so cheap right now people really concerned about saving gas? lol

I speed most of the time but only on the highway, because the flow of traffic is usually 5-10mph out here.

Some speed limits are entirely too low ie. 295 speed limit is 45mph at some spots , 55mph on 495 lol its just ridiculous.

Gas is so cheap right now people really concerned about saving gas? lol

I speed most of the time but only on the highway, because the flow of traffic is usually 5-10mph out here.
Some speed limits are entirely too low ie. 295 speed limit is 45mph at some spots , 55mph on 495 lol its just ridiculous.

U better slow ur roll on 295. Those speed cameras will get you for going 11mph over the limit. That's the one stretch of road in the DC area where I make sure not to go over 5mph over the limit.

U better slow ur roll on 295. Those speed cameras will get you for going 11mph over the limit. That's the one stretch of road in the DC area where I make sure not to go over 5mph over the limit.
I know where every single camera is on 295, only a fool would speed past them. If you drive 295 enough you would know where they are too.

The majority of 295 is camera free, from exit 1 all the way to exit 35+ there are only 3 camera points with all of them being in dc.

I just move with the flow of traffic....and I'll NEVER lead the pack in the left lane. If you're going 10-15+ over the limit, you gotta make sure you're between cars when doing this.
Facts! You know the game 
smokin.gif

I drive CC on 69 till someone comes up behind me in the fast lane going 70+, move over to let them in front of me, then just ride the wave behind em.

Let them get slapped with that ticket JIC

I CAN drive the limit, when the police are around, but drive the speed limit?

Why?
Funny you mention the police, last week I was driving home from work on the highway & there was a cop in one of the lanes actually driving the speed limit.

Me & like 3-4 other cars would NOT pass him up. It was hilarious to watch. After like 3 exits of this, I got off & stopped at a gas station... I couldn't continue to drive like that.

Omg, this.

Civics(no knock on em cause I use to have a sexy one before some cat rear-ended me & his insurance cashed me out), hatchbacks, integras, etc.

Now I know next to nothing about cars besides changing my tire but i believe it's the mufflers cats change out to the aforementioned cars so that they sound like got "muscle."

When in reality, sh**s sound like a rice cooker. Douche bag level 100.

Cats in Scion TC and Civics swear they're Jeff Gordon out there :lol: I just be cruising mane :smokin Only speed when I have to. Or when trap music comes through the subs.

Was running late to work today. Did 75 in a 60 and saved me like 5 minutes. Doesn't seem like much, but those 5 minutes I shaved off actually prevented me from being tardy today.
Could have also got you killed.:lol:

As long as you're not weaving in and out of traffic there is no added risk in driving 75 vs 60

Speed limits are arbitrary

Driving over the speed limit =/= driving reckless

Highways/Freeways I'm usually going 80 on a 65 if there's no congestion. Local/surface roads vary, but I'll still going probably 10 over the limit. It takes more effort for me to keep a constant 30/35 mph, than it would to just rest my foot at 40/45.

Speed cameras don't clock you unless you're going 12mph+ over the posted signs. If I'm in that area I'll be bordering 10 over.

I feel like more people drive under the speed limit than over it. The same applies though. It's hard for people to drive the speed limit.

Wait guys, I have a Civic :nerd: without that stupid exhaust, it's basically stock except for two cosmetic pieces :lol:

I don't even want to live on a planet where cameras monitor highway speech limits. :lol:

Ive never heard of that I had to Google it.

Dudes that drive fast simply to impress females are the WORST man 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
^^ ain't that the truth :lol: Redlight cameras pissed me off so bad in my city I can only imagine speed cameras Christ :x

I'm from California.

Even though the signs say 65MPH, I know damn well the real speed limit is 75-80MPH.

Montana just raised the speed limit from 75 to 80 towards the end of 2015. When it was 75 most people pushed it to 80 but you always have some folks go faster, so the few would be doing 85-90.

Now thats its 80, there arent many people passing me at 77-79 (i set my cc at). I dnt even hit our speed limit on the highway now, i dont feel all that comfortable reacting in a truck now if somethin happened. Maybe cuz my truck is still new :lol:

Plus the "highway" is only 2 lanes here everywhere. There may come a time you see 3 lanes for a brief moment then its back to 2. So theres not much room to be weaving in n out of people

If i were still in my maxima im sure id be that 85-88 person no doubt.

If you slowly accelerate to 80 there's not a big difference between that and 60. Braking hard and fast accelerations are the big culprits

This .. i slowly accelerate to hit the speed limit 9x out of 10 i end up passing the ones who take off

Word from the boys is,

"Under 9 and you're fine. Over 9 and you're mine."

That all depends on where youre at

Move to Texas a flourish.

View media item 1933734

Thats not true. Youll only find speed limits like this in open/rural areas. Everywhere else the limit will most likely be 65.

When i drove up here from GA, most speed limits were around 55ish until you got put of the city then it was 65. Not until i hit iowa did i start to see 70 and wasnt 75 until i got to South Dakota (i think)

** the biggest thing is .. no matter what the limit is, most will still go aroung 5 mph faster **

Last edited:
Because you lack discipline? 

I never speed. I usually leave my house early enough that I will arrive where I am getting with some time to spare.

So yea, I don't do it

Gotta agree with DC.

If you know where you need to be, utilize your routes and time efficiently.

Last edited:
I usually leave like an hour earlier in case of traffic or anything else so I can get there on time or early. I hardly ever speed, people that fly down the highway need to take that mess somewhere else. That's why my insurance rates are so high cause of dumb *** people like y'all doing all this unnecessary ****. 

I CAN drive the limit, when the police are around, but drive the speed limit?

Why?
Funny you mention the police, last week I was driving home from work on the highway & there was a cop in one of the lanes actually driving the speed limit.

Me & like 3-4 other cars would NOT pass him up. It was hilarious to watch. After like 3 exits of this, I got off & stopped at a gas station... I couldn't continue to drive like that.

Omg, this.

Civics(no knock on em cause I use to have a sexy one before some cat rear-ended me & his insurance cashed me out), hatchbacks, integras, etc.

Now I know next to nothing about cars besides changing my tire but i believe it's the mufflers cats change out to the aforementioned cars so that they sound like got "muscle."

When in reality, sh**s sound like a rice cooker. Douche bag level 100.

Mannn they be doing that **** on purpose :lol: They know someone will eventually bite (and someone ALWAYS does)

Back
Top Bottom