Wrestling Thread Nov 18-30 | 11/25 Raw - Cena v Orton at TLC? Happy Thanksgiving

HAKU is toughest wrestler of all time

Yes, he rightfully won that poll one year ago. I just wanted to remind everyone that he's still the toughest wrestler of all time. He's the one man that wrestlers from the 80s and 90s least wanted to mess with. It's time for some Haku stories:

Fifita made a name for himself outside the ring as the toughest wrestler of his era and is known for allegedly biting off noses, and knocking people out with one punch, slap, or headbutt. Though he had an easygoing, friendly personality outside of wrestling, he had very little tolerance for people who tested him.

Bad News Brown said in interviews that Fifita was without a doubt the most vigorous.

Bill Goldberg has also called him the toughest man he's been in the ring with.

Road Warrior Animal said in a shoot interview that Haku was the toughest wrestler of his era.

Bobby Heenan said in a shoot interview that Haku was "the toughest man I've ever met in my life."

In 1987, Haku had a backstage fight with Jesse Barr (who wrestled at the WWF as Jimmy Jack Funk) which allegedly resulted in Fifita gouging one of Barr's eyeballs out, causing Barr to later wear a glass eye. After this fight, Fifita had a reputation that steered wrestlers away from backstage confrontations.

In the book Arn Anderson: 4 Ever, Arn Anderson cites an event where Fifita pushed a cowboy through two sets of doors with one hand - and a conversation with The Barbarian about who was tougher. The Barbarian just shook his head when Anderson asked who would win in a fight between him and Fifita and stated "Meng's the man." If you've read Arn Anderson's book, you'll also know that AA said this about Meng: "There are 3 types of men: tough men, wrestler-tough men, and then there's Meng."

He had an altercation with Brutus Beefcake after Beefcake complained to WWF management that Tonga slapped him too hard during a match. After WWF management informed Tonga, he immediately went to the locker room and grabbed Beefcake out of the shower, and began choking him, lifting him two feet off the floor. Other wrestlers were hesitant to break it up, so finally Hulk Hogan (who Tonga respected) was called in and was able to calm Tonga down.

Kevin Sullivan on Meng: "One time I asked him to do something that was completely wrong and he got a little upset. And I mean that was the scaredest I've ever been in my life and he wasn't even that up. Thank God."

Kevin Sullivan story about Meng: Kevin is the booker at the time in WCW and he tells these guys to do the job and these wrestlers are all pissed and upset about loosing and they tell Sullivan to go **** himself and they'll fight Sullivan and anyone else because they're the baddest ****ers around and they'll kill anyone around here. Then Keven said "Wait a minute, I'll get Meng to handle this for me" and then all those guys start telling Kevin "We'll do the jobs, we'll do whatever you want."

Jake Roberts said it best: If I had a gun and was sitting inside a tank with one shell left and Meng is 300 yards away? He's mine, right? Well the first thing I'm gonna do is jump out of the tank and shoot myself because I don't want to wound that son of a ***** and have him pissed off at me.

Here's what Chris Candido said about Meng: "He was talking to me, Tammy, and Chris Jericho. In comes Eric Bischoff and Greg Gagne and they walk right in front of us and starts talking to Meng. He looks at them and goes "Hey!". And the entire lockerroom just froze. I was like "Man, these weren't just funny stories, this guy must really be tough". And then Meng says "Apologize to my friends, I'm talking" and everyone shuts up while Bischoff and Gagne apologize to me, Tammy, and Chris.

Even Harley Race has stated the there's only one man in wrestling history that he was afraid to get into a fight with and that as Meng.

In an interview with Alex Marvez, Fifita was asked about one of his legendary fights. Fifita stated his favorite was one that "cost him a lot of money." He was at the Baltimore Airport Hilton bar with Sivi Afi when five men started laughing at them and said, "You guys are the fake wrestlers on TV." In response Fifita replied, "I’ll just show you how fake it is," and reached over and grabbed one man while three others jumped on him. As they repeatedly punched him he knocked Three of them out and then applied the Tongan death grip one of them and then Fifita bit the nose of the man he initially grabbed and spat it out. They saw him spit out their friend's nose, and before he could fight them, they quickly evaded. Months later, he saw on the news that he was being sued $2.5 million for the incident.

I haven't posted here in a while. I miss this place. I'll leave you guys with this:

Mickie-TCW-001_001.gif

I always enjoyed the story of Meng and Finlay getting into an argument and everyone in the backstage getting the hell out of there because they didn't want to be collateral damage.

How did he get away with ripping people's eyes out and biting people's noses off? I would think that would lead to jail time.

If I remember correctly I've either read an interview or watched a video where UT says how much of a legit tough guy Meng is..

That Batista Bomb from Gail Kim to Blonde Girl 3 was pretty awesome.

If these were the only two options on earth, Tamina >>>> Meng's (or The Barbarian's?) daughter

Since the divas really aren't important, I wonder if it even matters that Xavier Woods uses Alicia Fox's finisher :lol:

Maurice 'Mad Dog' Vachon passes away
http://www.wwe.com/inside/mad-dog-vachon-passes-26165455
Reports indicate that WWE Hall of Famer Maurice “Mad Dog” Vachon has passed away. A true original, Vachon made a name for himself in the AWA, becoming a five-time World Heavyweight Champion. His unorthodox style made him one of the most brutal and feared competitors of all time. He joined WWE in 1984 – 34 years into his career – before retiring in 1986. His legacy is immeasurable and was solidified when he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2010.

Our deepest condolences go out to Vachon’s family, friends and fan

Guess it's been a long time since I've really paid attention to ken Anderson, cause he looks a lot different with long tights and no roids

Maurice 'Mad Dog' Vachon passes away
http://www.wwe.com/inside/mad-dog-vachon-passes-26165455
Reports indicate that WWE Hall of Famer Maurice “Mad Dog” Vachon has passed away. A true original, Vachon made a name for himself in the AWA, becoming a five-time World Heavyweight Champion. His unorthodox style made him one of the most brutal and feared competitors of all time. He joined WWE in 1984 – 34 years into his career – before retiring in 1986. His legacy is immeasurable and was solidified when he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2010.

Our deepest condolences go out to Vachon’s family, friends and fan

I remember Mad Dog from that Diesel vs HBK match.

RIP

Aces and Eights finally ended tonight. Aces and Eights. Tonight. After that roster purge from awhile back, I don't even know what other members were still on the roster other than Knox, Bully Ray, and Taz :lol:

Aces and Eights finally ended tonight. Aces and Eights. Tonight. After that roster purge from awhile back, I don't even know what other members were still on the roster other than Knox, Bully Ray, and Taz :lol:

Something that had alot of potential, too. Wes Briscoe is one of the main reasons it bombed.

This Ethan Carter dude is terrible.

Back
Top Bottom