Yo NT! Me and my Pops just got fired Vol: FeelsBatman

Would you have done the same?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Says the guy who back stabbed his friend by sabotaging a job interview that you were both competing for that he found for you!
Get a life, you are a loser. Your opinions are awful and you are a scumbag.
NOT POWER BALLIN!
Loyalty > *****

gotdamn

My pops played it cool because obviously more is involved with his future and unemployment benefits. I chose to go out the way I did and give them a piece of my mind, because I did not care about that job. I can easily get another job, but for my father it will be tougher.

They are not stupid, and they know they can't punish my dad any further. If they deny him the unemployment benefits, then it's illegal because my father was not fired for any type of misconduct. So at the end of the day, I had nothing to lose but an easily replaceable job.

Not totally against what you did OP, since you stood up for your dad, but I probably would've went about it differently...

I probably would've quit too but it was a bad idea to go off like that. I mean, it's easier said than done to keep your cool if you feel like your dad's been disrespected but it would've been a lot better just to tell them you don't feel comfortable working there anymore or something.
It's not as bad because it was only part-time but you never wanna burn bridges like that. Experience, references and having been a good employee is real important for future job prospects. If a new employer checks with them and finds out what went down, that could be a dealbreaker.

All of this

Wouldnt say what?

Tell dude that he made a bad decision?  Yes I would.  The poll is even telling him that

Tell dude that 75k in the NYC/NJ area isn't alot?  Yes I would

Im aware that I was a little harsh with dude but everything I said was all fact.  Never scared

Is that you club???:nerd:

I swear all the ppl that post similar views as club all have high reps.......

PowerBallin stays trolling in threads.

OP, those condo union jobs are nice and cushioned. Sad to just see mgmt let go of your pops of 15 yrs, who probably still needs to pay off that mortgage and what not. I worked in multiple condos around manhattan for 4 yrs as a lifeguard and was always jelly of the pay/benefits the building employees got.

I don't think I would of done the same thing. But I would of been heated as well.
It really sucks when anyone loses their job, especially for an unjust reason. From what you told us, there was no reason for your dad to lose his job. I hope he finds something soon, it's a real damage mentally when a man isn't working. When my dad was laid off he turned into a completely different person.

Best wishes to you and your pops.

A few things:

-Just because your a business major, and in your mid 20's, doesn't mean you know a thing or 2. Judging by your responses, I'd bet the opposite
-your aunt isn't going to hook you up with free legal advise. You say she's an immigration attorney, even if she knows employment lawyers, no one worth a damn isn't going to give away a service they charge hundreds of dollars for.
- understand in many states, employers need no reason to fire someone. Google right to work
- unions are there to protect employees from employer abuse. And unions have considerably less power than they used to. You've mentioned nothing to indicate management did anything illegal
- any chance your father might have had to get his job back, you probably ruined
-you could have screwed the company over a lot worse by staying in your job than by going out in a blaze of glory

Aint no shame in what you did. Holdin' your pops down > w/e they were paying you. You can easily find another job.

In this economy ?

He better hope so, the unemployment rate is still high, other hiring managers are just gonna low ball him for salary.

Should have just bit your tongue for a little while till you could find a replacement job.

Hope you two still got money for presents.

Screw that job, but you messed up whatever chances of the Union getting his job back by snapping like that.

Good luck to both of you. It sounds like you are both hard workers and hopefully won't have trouble finding new jobs.

So I am Gravedigging my own post I made about a year ago to give you guys some updates, well at least those of who it's worth reading. It's been a crazy past 2 years, and the turn of events was interesting to see how things played out.

- The Union was worthless, they literally did nothing to help (big surprise) We had to press them to get things done
- He was not given a chance back for his old job, but he didn't want it back after he felt betrayed by the company
- After all the pressing, calling, and staying on top of the union rep, he was given a small "severance" of less than $10,000
- My dad ended up collecting unemployment compensation for about 6 months, and then found another job that was paying him less but my family cut back on unnecessary expenses
- My dad was happier because the job hours were Monday- Friday 6am to 3.30pm as opposed to Friday- Tuesday 4pm-12am he worked before
- Yes his new job pays a bit less, but now he spends more time with family and finally has weekends off
- New job also has health insurance and dental plan that insures us
- I graduated college last May, and was able to go traveling (Europe, Central America) and pay off my student loans with the savings that I had
- I came back from traveling and landed a well- paying job,but had to relocate to Texas
- I'm happy here, cost of living is much cheaper so I'm able to save more. I send money back home and that balances off, of what he used to make
- Job market is very high and many employers are moving their offices to Dallas Metroplex area
- Toyota, UPS,Ikea and other big name companies are opening new positions and hiring by the thousands for future

Eventually my family might move down to Florida or Texas because they just want to get away from the stress and weather that the NYC/NJ area brings. My dad also inherited lands in his home country when this happened, so that's another possibility and a worst-case scenario if things were to have went south with everything.

Just reading the original post I made brought back memories of doubt and panic, that we were planning for the worst. Losing the house was the biggest worry.
Things did get tense for the immediate months following the termination, but we rode it out. I certainly learned alot from all of this and don't take things for granted.
I think we were very fortunate for the way things turned out.

For those of you who might ask, yes I would do it again. I just couldn't stay silent and not leave with a piece of my mind. I've always been outspoken and wasn't afraid to get my point across. This carried over to Student Government meetings which I would stand up for what was right when nobody would challenge the majority. I think being able to voice your opinion is very important, and I'm able to sleep well at night.

It's funny because both the Manager and Superintendent were removed from the building about a year later.

Back
Top Bottom