You are being lied to about Somali Pirates.

[table][tr][td]
Ethiopia /USA/ Somali Pirates' Cover-up

By Thomas C. Mountain

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Global Research, April 16, 2009
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Onlinejournal.com
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
ASMARA, Eritrea -- One of the best kept secrets in the international mediathese days is the link between the USA, Ethiopia and the Somali pirates. First, a little reliable background from someone on the ground in the Horn ofAfrica.

The Somali pirates operate out of the Ethiopian and USA created enclavesin Somalia calling themselves Somaliland and Puntland. These Ethiopian and USA backed warlord controlled territories have for many years hosted Ethiopianmilitary bases, which have been greatly expanded recently by the addition of thousands of Ethiopian troops who were driven out of southern and central Somaliby the Somali resistance to the Ethiopian invasion.

After securing their ransom for the hijacked ships the Somali pirates headdirectly to their local safe havens, in this case, the Ethiopian military bases, where they make a sizeable contribution to the retirement accounts of theEthiopian regime headed by Meles Zenawi.

Of course, the international naval forces who are patrolling the Horn ofAfrica know all too well what is going on for they have at their disposal all sorts of high tech observation platforms, ranging from satellites to unmanneddrones with high resolution video cameras that report back in real time.

The French commandos started to pursue the Somali pirates into their lairslast year until the pirates got the word that for the right amount of cash they were more than welcome in the Ethiopian military bases in their localneighborhoods. Ethiopia being the western, mainly USA, Cop on the Beat in East Africa put these bases off limits to the frustrated navies of the world, who areno doubt growling in anger to their USA counterparts about why this is all going on.

Now that the pirates have started attacking USA flagged shipping,something that was until now off limits, it remains to be seen what the Obama administration will do. One thing we in the Horn of Africa have learned all toowell, when it comes to Ethiopia, don't expect anything resembling accurate coverage by the media, especially those who operate under the cloak of"freedom of the press."

Stay tuned for more on this from the www.Onlinejournal.com, the only site willing to expose thetruth on matters no one else will touch.

Thomas C. Mountain, the last white manliving in Eritrea, was in a former life an educator, activist and alternative medicine practitioner in the USA. Email thomascmountain at yahoo.com.
http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=13217

Thomas C. Mountain, the last white man living in Eritrea, was in a former life an educator, activist and alternative medicine practitioner in the USA. Email thomascmountain at yahoo.com.

Not sure why I find this hilarious, but I do.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Thomas C. Mountain, the last white man living in Eritrea, was in a former life an educator, activist and alternative medicine practitioner in the USA. Email thomascmountain at yahoo.com.

Not sure why I find this hilarious, but I do.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, I did not see that part.
roll.gif

The man who runs the website was my professor. So, I wonder if it was him that wrote that.

Get it all off your chest son.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sitting over there like
t7k96o.gif
and even went back and edited in morebull +%%#.
laugh.gif

Son has this built up rage for whatever reason...and you said I'm the one who's mad.
laugh.gif

It's okay Keven...you win. I'm wrong, you're right. If you need someone to talk to...I'm here for you, pal.

Since your post was random as %%%$...I figured I might as well post something random too...

w2naww.gif

I can't believe this kid is being paraded by the media like this. They portray him as a monster and he is completely oblivious to what is going on.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Damm Nt is serious biz for you guys. hahaha damm entertainment value on NT is at an all time high.
roll.gif
%##% outta here...that's your cop out for that stupid post you made, you sound like a douche.
thanks for pointing out MEMBER OF TEAM CLIK AHAHAH
roll.gif
roll.gif
DUMB KID

that sounds about right. what malicious intent could a 16 year old kid NONE. i do believe the hijackings are a desperation move. imagine, the world is unableto hear your cries because society covers its ears to you, hides you behind their closet and tells the world there is nothing to worry about. its helpless, andnothing can make the situation any better. it WON'T

Personalty I don't give a %#$% if they were forced to become pirates to survive I ain't gonna be forced to be a victim because of it.
laugh.gif

Crying at the hearing?...16 years old? I say give him the chair and bomb the whole continent of Africa

Come on bruh....you need to chill with that we got 16 year olds over here getting football numbers after the judge throws the book at them for +$%% way lessthen that.....Homie committed a crime any way you look at it.....He's a *%#*$*% terriost son....Why you want him to walk?

We should bomb them tpirate ports, try to win over the people by dropping in food and water, and give this captured pirate the chair... I don't knowanything about law but I thought he would get a military trial since they captured the guy... if we let him live in prison for the rest of his life, its aluxury compared to being back in Somalia.

did they torture the 23 Filipinos they held or they just let them do whatever while they had them?

Many of the hostages state after being released that they were treated very well, and often served delicious food. Only one hostage was ever killed, and thecircumstances of that are not clear.

After the government killed the 3 Pirates, others Pirates stated that they would now kill the hostages if they are fired at.

It's an interesting threat, because it shows that they never had any intention of killing or hurting their hostage.

Kickmatic23 wrote:
We should bomb them pirate ports, try to win over the people by dropping in food and water, and give this captured pirate the chair... I don't know anything about law but I thought he would get a military trial since they captured the guy... if we let him live in prison for the rest of his life, its a luxury compared to being back in Somalia.
You can't be serious with this crazy rhetoric. If your so gun-ho, why don't go ahead and build your own militia and go attack Somalia. Thepoor Somalia people see their precious and rich waters plundered unmercifully by European, Asian and even Arab countries. The $300 million figure isunderstated because I remember seeing another article saying they lose more than $2 billion a year from illegal fishing.

You guys are insane talking about bombing the place. Innocent people will die, imagine being in their position if something like that happened.

that chick on cnbc was on the cargo ship today. she's is thi-iiiiiiiiiick. she was looking supreme, righteous.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

federal US prison > somalia slums

at least he's gonna get fed everyday
you do realize not everybody lives in slums right?

I wanna shed light on all this cuz I lived in Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya and I have stayed in Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Somalia etc. for extended periods of time butI need to go to sleep

anyway, there are the pooooooooooor and the riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich. thats how it is, there is barely any middle class.

to people mentioning outside aid, less than 2% realistically makes it to the people, the rest is stolen, sold and spent by middlemen.

the whole region is messed up, and if any one of us was tehre we would probably be glad to participate in piracy.

and poverty in america is NOTHING compared to what the avg. person lives in in east afrika. until you have stayed in a hotel and had 8 year olds patrolling inthe hallways carrying AKs bigger than them strapped to their shoulder so you hear them thump against the ground as they walk, your viewpoint is flawed, becauseyou havent experienced the reality of the situation in afrika

GOOD NIGHT

Some piece of %%@! put an AK47 to the back of an Americans head after trying to take ransom for his ship, and you're calling them "volunteercoastguards".

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Reginald Noble

Personalty I don't give a %#$% if they were forced to become pirates to survive I ain't gonna be forced to be a victim because of it.
laugh.gif

Crying at the hearing?...16 years old? I say give him the chair and bomb the whole continent of Africa

Come on bruh....you need to chill with that we got 16 year olds over here getting football numbers after the judge throws the book at them for +$%% way less then that.....Homie committed a crime any way you look at it.....He's a *%#*$*% terriost son....Why you want him to walk?

This 16 year old kid is not a damn terrorist!

Stop throwing that word around like some ******ed robots.

Some of the "pirates" may be criminals but so-called "terrorists" blow themselves up in crowded markets, plant bombs on train platforms,fly planes into buildings and when captured they smile in defiance.

This is a damn hungry and helpless 16 year old kid that was either forced into this operation or acted out of the most desperate measures imaginable. Just lookat these "pirates" track records, look at how many vessels have been captured in recent years and the fact that only 1 life was taken in all of that.Look at the circumstances behind the Maersk situation, these dudes cut them selves up trying to get on board, gave in to the slightest resistance, didn'tshoot anyone (which they could have easily done to the captain in the water)....like I have been saying since this incident first began unfolding....y'allhave the absolute wrong idea about this pirate situation.

If these are terrorists, we need to pack up ASAP and get the hell out of the Middle East because this terrorist threat is way overblown.

The truth is coming out piece by piece and still you refuse to take the time to really analyze and understand the complexity of this unique situation....abunch of rag tag, hungry, sea workers and local kids do an amateur stickup...y'all label them terrorists and call for the "ports" to be bombed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Do y'all even know the "ports" that these hi-jackers launch from look like?....It a damn beach with a bunch of stray dogs and poor people lookingfor items that were washed up on shore. A bombing capaign wouldn't do anything except kill a few flea ridden canines.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Get it all off your chest son.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sitting over there like
t7k96o.gif
and even went back and edited in more bull +%%#.
laugh.gif

Son has this built up rage for whatever reason...and you said I'm the one who's mad.
laugh.gif

It's okay Keven...you win. I'm wrong, you're right. If you need someone to talk to...I'm here for you, pal.

Since your post was random as %%%$...I figured I might as well post something random too...

w2naww.gif
*sigh* Nothing I said even remotely suggests that I was angry at all when I posted that but w/e fam you need a comeback and got none so itsalright I guess, better to post something then nothing right? Glad to see your at least trying.
But you still havnt said anything in regards to me being on your D
nerd.gif
Imean I havnt posted an MONTHS and I come back and post and you quote me and get on mine
ohwell.gif
But w/e homie I guess you had nothing to say so you made that up
laugh.gif

funny how you say "son" and try to get all hard like your somebody LOL where you from fam?
my dude from the mean streets of killzone thinkin he doin it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by Reginald Noble

laugh.gif

Come on bruh....you need to chill with that we got 16 year olds over here getting football numbers after the judge throws the book at them for +$%% way less then that.....Homie committed a crime any way you look at it.....He's a *%#*$*% terriost son....Why you want him to walk?

This 16 year old kid is not a damn terrorist!

Stop throwing that word around like some ******ed robots.

Some of the "pirates" may be criminals but so-called "terrorists" blow themselves up in crowded markets, plant bombs on train platforms, fly planes into buildings and when captured they smile in defiance.

This is a damn hungry and helpless 16 year old kid that was either forced into this operation or acted out of the most desperate measures imaginable. Just look at these "pirates" track records, look at how many vessels have been captured in recent years and the fact that only 1 life was taken in all of that. Look at the circumstances behind the Maersk situation, these dudes cut them selves up trying to get on board, gave in to the slightest resistance, didn't shoot anyone (which they could have easily done to the captain in the water)....like I have been saying since this incident first began unfolding....y'all have the absolute wrong idea about this pirate situation.

If these are terrorists, we need to pack up ASAP and get the hell out of the Middle East because this terrorist threat is way overblown.

The truth is coming out piece by piece and still you refuse to take the time to really analyze and understand the complexity of this unique situation....a bunch of rag tag, hungry, sea workers and local kids do an amateur stickup...y'all label them terrorists and call for the "ports" to be bombed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Do y'all even know the "ports" that these hi-jackers launch from look like?....It a damn beach with a bunch of stray dogs and poor people looking for items that were washed up on shore. A bombing capaign wouldn't do anything except kill a few flea ridden canines.

You still arguing over this??? Wow. Apologists FTL!!!!

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

federal US prison > somalia slums

at least he's gonna get fed everyday
you do realize not everybody lives in slums right?

I wanna shed light on all this cuz I lived in Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya and I have stayed in Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Somalia etc. for extended periods of time but I need to go to sleep

anyway, there are the pooooooooooor and the riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich. thats how it is, there is barely any middle class.

to people mentioning outside aid, less than 2% realistically makes it to the people, the rest is stolen, sold and spent by middlemen.

the whole region is messed up, and if any one of us was tehre we would probably be glad to participate in piracy.

and poverty in america is NOTHING compared to what the avg. person lives in in east afrika. until you have stayed in a hotel and had 8 year olds patrolling in the hallways carrying AKs bigger than them strapped to their shoulder so you hear them thump against the ground as they walk, your viewpoint is flawed, because you havent experienced the reality of the situation in afrika

GOOD NIGHT

This is why I dont donate, I rather give my time than my money if I cant know for sure its going to the place/people its advertised for.

Western Media is crazy, man.

This pirating has been going on for a good minute, and when it's finally bought to the attention of the American public, it's obscured, and one-sided.

I already knew about the "situation" is east africa and I sympathize...TO A POINT. Honestly I can see the logic behind becoming a pirate given theconditions in that part of the world, but if these guys are the volunteer Coast Guard why not hijack an international ship to not hold it for ransom but tobring attention to their plight...why not make your demands that the world send aid, or that the world stop dumping toxic waste on your shores...better yet,use those AK's and the obvious knowlege these folks have of shipping channels to patrol the waters and keep out those who abuse their territory and notterrorize those who don't

To hijack a ship and demand millions...as payback for the harm caused by illegal dumping and overfishing is a stretch at best...I mean come on. I don'tdoubt the majority of Somalis are concerned about that but, to portray these pirates as modern day Robin Hood's is a misnomer.

Stick up kids or not wrong is wrong...and as we all know even the low-level American stick up kid risks getting judged by a 12-gauge when they rob a joint.That's part of the risk you take. This dude 16, 18 or whatever knew the potential result of his actions. You want to stick a gun in someone's face andhijack a ship...you might face judgement in a foreign country or lose you life like his buddies did. IMO those are the breaks

Back
Top Bottom