You know what, #%@! Chick-Fil-A!

None of that happened to you either.
And despite how much everybody wants to make it one, it's not a contest of who has (had) it harder.
Black people were discriminated against unjustly and didn't get full rights, gays are discriminated against unjustly and don't have full rights right now, that's all people are comparing. Nobody is saying or caring who had it harder, it is still a ridiculous development that a group that was most recently discriminated against wouldn't be empathetic to a group also experience unjust criticism.
Ridiculous development???

This country was built on racism and oppressing the next immigrants or class... English vs. Irish vs. Black vs. Asian vs. Hispanic.  

None of it happened to our generation, but that doesn't mean we should just stand by and let it be disrespected... word to the two most popular people in this thread.

When people start getting arrested for protesting in front of Chick-fil-A (Numerous marches) eating at the wrong counter (Lunch Sit-ins) or arrested for riding the bus (Rosa Parks), then it will be the same.  Until then, it WONT be the same. 

I don't consider the gay marriage issue a civil rights issue.

what do you call it when two consenting adults can't participate in the same civil ceremony as two other consenting adults because of their sexual orientation?

I don't get why this always becomes "don't compare black people's civil rights struggle to gay people". like there weren't gay black AND white men and women right there with them trying to further our society.

we got people still latching on to the oppression they weren't even close to being a part of using it to downplay the rights of other humans, who just like our great grandparents, just wanted to be considered equal.

**** is shameful, B.

I saw FutureMD posted a pic of Bayard Rustin earlier and I'm almost positive that **** flew over half yalls heads :smh:

what do you call it when two consenting adults can't participate in the same civil ceremony as two other consenting adults because of their sexual orientation?
I don't get why this always becomes "don't compare black people's civil rights struggle to gay people". like there weren't gay black AND white men and women right there with them trying to further our society.
we got people still latching on to the oppression they weren't even close to being a part of using it to downplay the rights of other humans, who just like our great grandparents, just wanted to be considered equal.
**** is shameful, B.
I saw FutureMD posted a pic of Bayard Rustin earlier and I'm almost positive that **** flew over half yalls heads :smh:

2 consenting adults can participate, they just need to be a man and a woman. Just say that you want to change the definition of marriage to consenting adults or whatever, but don't try and make it out to be more than it is.

I was raised to RESPECT EVERYONE and not HATE anyone. 
Exactly. How hard is this to understand?

The problem here is that SillyPutty has to know if you are in any way religious and what race you are, so that he can write a 500 page book on why you are wrong.

It's SILLY 
laugh.gif

same sex marriage predates the "dictionary definition" of marriage though.

it's just love. don't try to make it out to be more than it is :rolleyes

I support gay rights but honestly haven't cared enough to actually argue for it or anything. The more I read this thread and see the opposing side's posts, the more passionate I'm starting to feel about gay rights. Stop equating homosexuality to pedophelia and beastiality. This is two adults making a decision to be with eachother, not an adult taking advantage of a little kid or a human being raping an animal. Cut the ********. Just give them their rights.
for like the millionth time..it cant/wont be the same EVER! no matter how bad yall want it to be..no matter how many pretty colors u put in ur texts..how many meme's u bring...it will never EVER be close to the same man...

gay people can go eat when/where they want...no german shepherds, no police barricades, no turning the fire hose on em...gay people drink in the same water fountains, eat at the same chick fil a's as me nd u...so itll never be the same...

period...

putty, go ask ur grandfather,/great grandfather what it was like being a black man in america in the 40's 50's...then compare it to this...cmon now...be real yall...

only thing similar is its a group of people fighting for rights.very broad, happens everyday....nothing else at all is similar..maybe yall should start comparing it to women getting equal rights in the workplace or sumn..

stop putting black people, and the civil rights movement into this...not right and not necessary.. 

Ridiculous development???

This country was built on racism and oppressing the next immigrants or class... English vs. Irish vs. Black vs. Asian vs. Hispanic.  

None of it happened to our generation, but that doesn't mean we should just stand by and let it be disrespected... word to the two most popular people in this thread.

When people start getting arrested for protesting in front of Chick-fil-A (Numerous marches) eating at the wrong counter (Lunch Sit-ins) or arrested for riding the bus (Rosa Parks), then it will be the same.  Until then, it WONT  be the same. 

Things don't have to be the same to compare. For example, in sports, when you compare young athletes to ones established in the league, you compare their playing styles. It doesn't mean you are saying the young athlete is a future starter or what not. You are just comparing their playing style to someone that everyone recognizes. Nobody's going to take a rookie and compare him to an obscure player. They are going to compare them to players that everybody knows about. When gay people compare their struggle, they aren't going to compare it to the struggle of Irish Immigrants, nobody will understand the reference at all. When you compare it to the civil rights era, you can feel the weight of it. Everything it was about, and everything we learned about growing up. That everybody deserves fair and equal rights. It's not disrespect to use the history of the civil rights era to help grant people rights. That's something that should be a source of pride. Their fight continues to be a beacon to help influence the world and make people's lives better. You're being disrespectful when you dim that light and cut it's range of influence from something that continues to change the world for the better, to just some single event that happened in history.

Last edited:
word..u got it...not into the bk nd forth..not my style...

yall are turning into the very thing that u hate...

close minded people who wont budge from their beliefs and stances, no matter the argument...
you haven't presented any arguments. in fact, your posts are riddled with hypocrisy. how are we supposed to take what you say seriously?

Look.

He is Christian. He reads the Bible and says He follows the Bible's definition of what a marriage is. He donates HIS money to Christian organizations that he believes best represents his values.

Doesn't he have a right to his opinion and doesn't he have a right to do whatever he wants with his money? As long as its not for a criminal activity, I don't see why people are thrashing this man and picketing in front of restaurants for donating his money to places he wants to donate his money to.

It has never been a secret that Chick-fil-A supports Christian values. They closed on Sundays! Why is it such a shock he would say what he said. I would have been really shocked if he said he supports gay marriages. When we have people like Obama changing their stance on marriage for votes or for other reasons, I'm glad we have someone that sticks to their guns regardless of the backlash he might get.

So seriously, if you have a problem with what he said or what he believes in, stop eating there and giving him your money.... But don't go and interrupt the businesses of franchisees by picketing, etc...

But his opinions are criminal and deserve the harshest of punishments. 

I swear I wish I could see some of this pro/anti gay folks go head to head. The homophobes will get the verbal beatdown of their spiritual lives. 

Look.
He is Christian. He reads the Bible and says He follows the Bible's definition of what a marriage is. He donates HIS money to Christian organizations that he believes best represents his values.
Doesn't he have a right to his opinion and doesn't he have a right to do whatever he wants with his money? As long as its not for a criminal activity, I don't see why people are thrashing this man and picketing in front of restaurants for donating his money to places he wants to donate his money to.
It has never been a secret that Chick-fil-A supports Christian values. They closed on Sundays! Why is it such a shock he would say what he said. I would have been really shocked if he said he supports gay marriages. When we have people like Obama changing their stance on marriage for votes or for other reasons, I'm glad we have someone that sticks to their guns regardless of the backlash he might get.
So seriously, if you have a problem with what he said or what he believes in, stop eating there and giving him your money.... But don't go and interrupt the businesses of franchisees by picketing, etc...
I don't care about the CEO's private opinion. He can believe whatever the hell he wants. However, the company is giving money to organizations that actively restrict the rights of others. That's why people are upset.

Last edited:
I don't care about the CEO's private opinion. He can believe whatever the hell he wants. However, the company is giving money to organizations that actively restrict the rights of others. That's why people are upset.

Exactly, while the company has the right to donate to whatever they feel like giving to, I have the right to not eat there anymore AND to let others know just where the $10 bucks they're spending on a meal is going.

Thank you! & knightlovesqueen, KMante, Retrospect, BoyzNoize, and Sleazy/James Earl Zones all have reasonable, respectful, meaningful, and positive things to say regarding the topic (last couple pages). Most of the rest seem to be elitist, pushy, and ignorant- especially the career NT politician
this. Shout outs to the ones bolded

Thank you! & knightlovesqueen, KMante, Retrospect, BoyzNoize, and Sleazy/James Earl Zones all have reasonable, respectful, meaningful, and positive things to say regarding the topic (last couple pages). Most of the rest seem to be elitist, pushy, and ignorant- especially the career NT politician
you forgot to add my name bud no worries though

Exactly, while the company has the right to donate to whatever they feel like giving to, I have the right to not eat there anymore AND to let others know just where the $10 bucks they're spending on a meal is going.
Agreed!

:frown:

Last edited:
Look.
Thank you!
This makes literally no sense to me. 

I guess our brains are just wired differently.

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

This subject has been blown out of proportion. When I'm eating Chick-Fil-A the last thing on my damn mind is whether the CEO supports gay marriage or not.

Last edited:
Look.

What about corporate responsibility?

What about corporate responsibility?
doesn't matter unless of course the subject of the discrimination is black people. Then we'd have Al and Jessie doing the media rounds, threatening boycotts, and everyone spamming social media timelines. Any other group, **** your plight, we had it worse.

Back
Top Bottom