ZOOM SPIRIDONS SUMMER 2016

Neither the Stash or whatever that is above appeals to me, esp. in regards to this model. Like my man said, the OG build is fine as is. The Ultras are an update that still works. The thing above...is just meh.

The Stash joints are just modified Roundels, which weren't that hot in the first place lol.

And here we go with the bastardization of the Spiridon...

Happens every damn time.  Nike just can't help it. 
laugh.gif

I don't care what they do as long as they drop some OG-style heat.  

Neither the Stash or whatever that is above appeals to me, esp. in regards to this model. Like my man said, the OG build is fine as is. The Ultras are an update that still works. The thing above...is just meh.

The Stash joints are just modified Roundels, which weren't that hot in the first place lol.

thems fighting words about the roundels [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Someone remind me what box the og red 16 came in please.

Was it the red lab box?

Moved house and can't find em in my piles....

Yep thought so

Pretty sure my removalists got away with at least one pair of shoes.

Ta

Last edited:
hi there. i'm sure this has been mentioned already, but haven't really seen it - what's the difference between the Ultras and regular version? i can clearly see a visual difference, but what else makes them differ from each other?

thanks!

hi there. i'm sure this has been mentioned already, but haven't really seen it - what's the difference between the Ultras and regular version? i can clearly see a visual difference, but what else makes them differ from each other?

thanks!

I was just asking my boy about this last night b/c I was checking out a pair on eBay that listed as an OG but looks a whole lot like an Ultra. Besides the red, slide-out box and checking the Air unit, the first visible tell I notice is the mudguard is different b/c OG has a raised texture. He said the etching on the midsole is less on the Ultra and something about the seams.

I was just asking my boy about this last night b/c I was checking out a pair on eBay that listed as an OG but looks a whole lot like an Ultra. Besides the red, slide-out box and checking the Air unit, the first visible tell I notice is the mudguard is different b/c OG has a raised texture. He said the etching on the midsole is less on the Ultra and something about the seams.
The upper on the Ultras are a seamless one piece mesh with the rubbery mudguard and 3M stripes fused or molded onto it. The OGs have two separate materials sewn together along the 3M stripe/piping that runs around it. The entire midsole on the Ultras is different aesthetically and by far less visually pleasing than the ones on the OGs imo.

The upper on the Ultras are a seamless one piece mesh with the rubbery mudguard and 3M stripes fused or molded onto it. The OGs have two separate materials sewn together along the 3M stripe/piping that runs around it. The entire midsole on the Ultras is different aesthetically and by far less visually pleasing than the ones on the OGs imo.

Not to mention, the OG mold is more spongy and comfortable from the zoom and the midsoles and a better, snugger fit.

Any oops on sz 12.5 Ultras, specifically the OG red/blk/slvr colorway? Only place I've seen stock the size is NDC.

Purchased one pair of light ash and a pair of light midnights off of lapstone, they sent me two light ash ones instead. Hoping to rectify that asap.

After lurking this thread for awhile, resisting the urge, just couldn't pass up the chance to order a pair this past weekend. Would have gotten the wht/blue cw but n/a in my size.

But someone's pics of the ash sold me, and I'm glad I didn't pass on these.  

Always feels good to get my perfect size 12.5, really glad I read up on the sizing in here, otherwise 12 might have been a little tight.

Just took some quick pics. Gotta love these late 90s, early 2000s styles and that 3m effect.

Back
Top Bottom