☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

laugh.gif
@ this deal dying. Can't blame Stern for trying to get more than equal value for the team's star player.

I'm surprised Stern didn't !#%$ around and have the Hornets claim Chauncey just to continue that whole "not letting players dictate where they're going to play"

Chris Paul NEVER said he didn't want to go to the Knicks because they didn't have enough assets
laugh.gif
NEVER

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

I feel bad for CP3 cause dealing with the Hornets is like dealing with the guys from the Capitol One commercials

"Hello this is peggy"

Give me a Supervisor.

I am a Supervisor".

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JDiddy

Aside from the LA/New Orleans fans, I don't understand why everyone else is mad. If Stern doesn't wanna give up CP3 then who cares, nothing different than other owners/GM's denying trades.
If he sees a trade for Paul that he likes he'll do it... everybody's so quick to say something about Stern.

it's just bad business to me,  they said they would give dell demps the authority to make moves and he's being treated like a puppet general manager.

im a laker fan but i would have the same feeling if a team like miami, the mavs, or celtics got the same type of runaround from stern when they offers they made were more then reasonable given the leverage they have in a deal.

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

I don't see how this is Stern's fault again. From what I'm reading LAC won't give into NOH's asking price.

It was 10x more one sided then the potential Lakers deal. This just shows how greedy Stern was all along. I hope CP3 just signs somewhere in free agency at this point.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Chris Paul will become a free agent (like he's always wanted) and he will sign with the Knicks. Melo and Stat will restructure their contract. Oh Man

Restructure?
Yes. A new CBA provision allows the players to restructure their contracts. They cannot take more than a 40% paycut, or their new restructured salary can't be less than 60% of what it used to be.

So, Amare, Melo & Chandler combine for 53.3 mil. 60% of that is 31 mil. Cap will be somewhere around 58-60 mil leaving plenty of room for Paul. If they don't want to take the 40% paycut, they could take a smaller one and still have room for Paul

So, in theory, those guys could restructure and Chris Paul could sign there outright.

The problem is, when have Amare, Melo, & Chandler ever willingly taken less $? Maybe they will this time, maybe they won't. Who knows.

I had a feeling the Clippers offer would go through, actually, like I said in the Lakers thread. And that would've been a huge joke if it was approved.

Lakers offer (basically, w/ Pau going to the Rockets):
- Lamar Odom (Lakers)
- Kevin Martin (Rockets)
- Luis Scola (Rockets)
- 2011 1st rd pick (Rockets)
- 2012 1st rd pick (Lakers)

Clippers offer (basically):
- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman
- 2012 1st rd pick

So if you're comparing those 2 lists, the 2012 picks cancel each other out, since they're the same exact thing. So if the Clippers trade proposal is approved, David Stern is saying that… …

- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman

… … IS BETTER THAN… …

- Lamar Odom
- Kevin Martin
- Luis Scola
- 2011 1st rd pick

Ain't no way.
laugh.gif

And like I said a couple days ago when the 2nd Laker proposal was denied:

Just sue somebody, CP3, because you are going NOWHERE, my dude. That is one HELL of a deal for the Hornets.

New York would have to offer Amare, Tyson Chandler, Spike Lee, and Mark Teixeira in order for the league to approve it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Aside from the LA/New Orleans fans, I don't understand why everyone else is mad. If Stern doesn't wanna give up CP3 then who cares, nothing different than other owners/GM's denying trades.
If he sees a trade for Paul that he likes he'll do it... everybody's so quick to say something about Stern.
But Stern shouldn't be in charge of handling trades. NO has people in place to take care of this sort of thing.
But the league owns the Hornets. As long as they do those ppl answer to Stern. He's not handling the trades, he's vetoing them/asking for more players/picks. Given his time in the league he probably a god amount of knowledge on trades and how to bend a team over to get what he wants.

If anything this is a glimpse of what David Stern would be like if he owned a NBA team
laugh.gif
Let your GM set up trades but don't approve them unless they satisfy you immensely.

I'm a LA fan but it sets a bad precedence for the league going forward and makes the organization as a whole look bad.  Who wants to be a fan of a team in a rigged league where the commissioner is a dictator?

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Chris Paul will become a free agent (like he's always wanted) and he will sign with the Knicks. Melo and Stat will restructure their contract. Oh Man
laugh.gif
keep dreaming. Paul already said he doesn't want to get to new york because they don't have enough assets. 

First off, lemme just say that I don't think CP3 will make it to the Knicks as a free agent because it'll be damn near impossible to make it work financially..But goddamn man, your reading comprehension is terrible
laugh.gif
CP3 never said he doesn't wanna sign with the Knicks because they don't have enough assets..He said he doesn't wanna get TRADED to the Knicks because they'd have to give up so much to get him that once he got there, the roster would be depleted..With arguably the best NBA front court (at least top 3) having CP3 in the backcourt would make them one of the best teams in the league. They'd still have Landry who was the top rebounding guard and he was only a rookie..Having CP3 on the team would just make them even better

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I had a feeling the Clippers offer would go through, actually, like I said in the Lakers thread. And that would've been a huge joke if it was approved.

- Lamar Odom (Lakers)
- Kevin Martin (Rockets)
- Luis Scola (Rockets)

- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman
- 2012 1st rd pick

So if you're comparing those 2 lists, the 2012 picks cancel each other out, since they're the same exact thing. So if the Clippers trade proposal is approved, David Stern is saying that… …

- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman

… … IS BETTER THAN… …

- Lamar Odom
- Kevin Martin
- Luis Scola
- 2011 1st rd pick

Ain't no way.
laugh.gif

Just sue somebody, CP3, because you are going NOWHERE, my dude. That is one HELL of a deal for the Hornets.

New York would have to offer Amare, Tyson Chandler, Spike Lee, and Mark Teixeira in order for the league to approve it.
laugh.gif
The Clippers have Minnesota's unprotected first round pick for 2012.

You could not be more wrong about the picks cancelling each other out. It is an unprotected pick from Minnesota in the Clippers deal, which means it's going to be a very high pick in a very loaded draft. 

And with the players it's not just about talent, it's the fact that Kaman is a free agent next year and Gordon is young. Meanwhile Martin and Scola have two and four years left on their deals, respectively. Stern was stupid to say "basketball reasons" because you could infer from that he meant talent, but if you're speaking about what's best for a franchise trying to rebuild, it's the Clippers deal.

Originally Posted by jmause3

I feel bad for CP3 cause dealing with the Hornets is like dealing with the guys from the Capitol One commercials

"Hello this is peggy"

Give me a Supervisor.

I am a Supervisor".

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

New Orleans crowd gonna sound like ECW on opening night

Originally Posted by af1 1982

laugh.gif
keep dreaming. Paul already said he doesn't want to get to new york because they don't have enough assets. 

he didn't say that at all. what he was referring to in the quote you misread or whatever was that the knicks didn't have any assets to trade for him. he definitely wants to come to NY to play with stat and melo. if this deal stuff doesn't work out before then, which it looks like it won't, then he'll be here for sure after this season IMO. stat, melo and chandler will have to restructure their contracts iirc but its probably possible.

This a f'n joke now.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Chris is gone in the summer anyway why not get something for him. Stern is cancelling some real good deals for the Hornets, now they gonna be the Cavs of the West.

- Lamar Odom (Lakers)
- Kevin Martin (Rockets)
- Luis Scola (Rockets)

- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman
- 2012 1st rd pick

- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman

… … IS BETTER THAN… …

- Lamar Odom
- Kevin Martin
- Luis Scola
- 2011 1st rd pick

Ain't no way.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Gordon
Minnesota 1 rd pick (potential top 10 in a loaded lottery)
Kaman's EXPIRING contract
Bledsoe (small rookie contract)
Aminu (small rookie contract)

is more attractive to a perspective buyer of NO than

Odom, Martin, Scola, (older guys with 2+ years left on their contracts) and potential average first round picks.

Not even close.

This is some bull @#$^  Stern needs to just jump off a building already, he's turning this into a freaking carnival.  And he's going to cost Paul 26 mil if that guy don't get traded to somebody soon. 
30t6p3b.gif

I can't fathom people backing that clown.  Seriously, unless your a family member of the Stern's, you should all want that guy offed, and quick. 

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Originally Posted by jmause3

"Hello this is peggy"

Give me a Supervisor.

I am a Supervisor".

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

New Orleans crowd gonna sound like ECW on opening night
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marath0n

- Lamar Odom (Lakers)
- Kevin Martin (Rockets)
- Luis Scola (Rockets)

- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman
- 2012 1st rd pick

- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman

… … IS BETTER THAN… …

- Lamar Odom
- Kevin Martin
- Luis Scola
- 2011 1st rd pick

Ain't no way.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Gordon
Minnesota 1 rd pick (potential top 10 in a loaded lottery)
Kaman's EXPIRING contract
Bledsoe (small rookie contract)
Aminu (small rookie contract)

is more attractive to a perspective buyer of NO than

Odom, Martin, Scola, (older guys with 2+ years left on their contracts) and potential average first round picks.

Not even close.

Odom is technically expiring too dude, his contract is a team option next year.  So they could cut him loose or trade him just the same as Kaman, so what are we doin here? 

Why did the Wolves sign JJ Barea, you say? Pretty obvious.

The Timberwolves were one of the worst turnover teams at the guards last season.

JJ Barea doesn't turn the ball over.

I'm not a Kahn supporter, but don't they only have 2 point guards on the roster right now? So Barea only makes three.
Exactly. Do you guys not realize Dallas had three point guards last season? This is just ripping Kahn just to do it.

There are 12 players on an active roster. There are FIVE positions. What is 5x2? 10. You're going to have some spill over positions where you have three players.

Is this criticism serious right now?
laugh.gif
And this is BEFORE it's even finalized that Luke Ridnour will be on the team this season.

Rubio must be stinking it up in practice for them to sign JJ to so much money.

"First time I've ever seen him play period, on film, anything," Anthony Tolliver said. "He's actually better than I expected."

So how many "crazy" passes did Rubio deliver on Thursday?

"Every one," Tolliver said. "Every one he passes. It's crazy. His regular passes are like, 'Wow.' He can see the floor about as good as anyone I've seen. Everyone has to have their hands up because otherwise the ball is going to hit you in the face."

"He made some pretty spectacular passes," Anthony Randolph said.  "So I'm very excited to play with him. It's very contagious the way he passes the ball. It kind of makes everyone want to make the extra pass. I love playing with Ricky. Great passer."

Back
Top Bottom