☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Nope, wasn't being sarcastic at all.
smile.gif

Definitely appreciated you detailing that further, because like I said, you definitely painted an entirely different picture of those two lists.

Another factor I've added in every time I see the deals offered is the likely success of the team next year.  What NO would have gotten in the Laker offer may have kept them somewhat competitive but not a great team.  This would have put them lower in the draft next year possibly out of the lottery.
With the Clipper's offer they would just plain be terrible and be guaranteed another high pick in the lottery next year.  For me the team is more valuable after a bad year next year and two high draft picks, plus Kaman off the books and two players still on rookie contracts in Bledsoe and Aminu.  Why I've always felt the Laker's offer was not in the best interest of NO.  It would make them a mediocre team with older guys basically putting them several years out from what they could accomplish in just one more year.  Namely, rebuilding with tons of cap room and young talent on cheap contracts.  

Originally Posted by soychulo

smile.gif

Definitely appreciated you detailing that further, because like I said, you definitely painted an entirely different picture of those two lists.

Another factor I've added in every time I see the deals offered is the likely success of the team next year.  What NO would have gotten in the Laker offer may have kept them somewhat competitive but not a great team.  This would have put them lower in the draft next year possibly out of the lottery.
With the Clipper's offer they would just plain be terrible and be guaranteed another high pick in the lottery next year.  For me the team is more valuable after a bad year next year and two high draft picks, plus Kaman off the books and two players still on rookie contracts in Bledsoe and Aminu.  Why I've always felt the Laker's offer was not in the best interest of NO.  It would make them a mediocre team with older guys basically putting them several years out from what they could accomplish in just one more year.  Namely, rebuilding with tons of cap room and young talent on cheap contracts.  

Which is why I said they weren't going to get any better offers than this.  You bottom out while getting a draft pick that will be high, an expiring and two young pieces, one of which played pretty well last season.  You're guranteed 2 lottery picks and money off your books. Makes perfect sense to me.

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

Billups wants to stick it to the Knicks.

His obvious choice would have to be the Heat.

I don't like it.

I do. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The problem is.....the Magic have no cap room and zero tradeable assets. So it's literally impossible for them to improve their team in the foreseeable future.
They have a rich owner. He even said that he'll spend whatever it takes to keep dwight, how true that is, I don't know. What I do know is that, DeVos is loaded and has always been willing to spend money. 

Stern and the owners are trying to make an example out of Paul. They don't want stars to determine where they go anymore..

Idiotic because it's not going to stop and they're going to leave in the off season anyways. These dudes on a power trip and need to realize you can't control everything. These stars have played on your teams for 6 or 7 years. They can do what they went. Whole situation gets me heated

Get Sterns old stubborn #!$ the hell outta here...

AgfakiuCIAAkFBX.jpg

Whats up with everyone shedding weight over the summer? I know curry had to and he is still relatively chubby.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Just watched some Dwight interviews. I am praying that he is too big of a softy to leave ORL. Lemme get in the front office for 48 hours and I will build a championship team.
That's what I've been saying. If I'm otis smith, and I'm given the green light by the owner to spend whatever it takes, in order to keep dwight, CP3 and Deron Williams would be in training camp right now(maybe not both, but you get my point). Smith really took a BIG risk last year, acquiring both Hedo's and Gil's contract, and it backfired. I hope that dwight stays, and we get CP3 or Dwill this year, or next year in free agency. 

Nets still thinking about bidding on a claim for Billups.

lol. King is just being dirty now. I wonder if he would even play with the Nets if Howard was not there???????

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by soychulo

smile.gif

Which is why I said they weren't going to get any better offers than this.  You bottom out while getting a draft pick that will be high, an expiring and two young pieces, one of which played pretty well last season.  You're guranteed 2 lottery picks and money off your books. Makes perfect sense to me.

Feel the same way.  I groaned when that Laker offer was made.  Makes the Lakers better and guarantees that another Western team won't be competitive for at minimum 5 more years.  Clippers deal makes Clips much better and gives Hornets a much shorter turnaround time.

While there’s been no official transition of power, general manager Dell Demps has been completely pushed to the side in deal-making decisions for the Hornets, multiple league sources told Y! Sports.

“He’s basically a spectator now,â€

KBergCBS Ken Berger

A person in contact with executives involved says league office is trying to revive Chris Paul-to-Clippers talks.

KBergCBS Ken Berger

While Clips balked at steep price for Paul, league execs were still negotiating with the team within the past couple of hours, source says.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

While there’s been no official transition of power, general manager Dell Demps has been completely pushed to the side in deal-making decisions for the Hornets, multiple league sources told Y! Sports.

“He’s basically a spectator now,â€

Collusion and circumvention...just disgusting. Hornets really gonna play with 5 or 6 players this entire season.

People think Billups is still good?

And Sterling deserves Blake/CP3 as much as Stern deserves to keep his job. And here I thought my disgust with the NBA would dissipate after the lockout was over.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

People think Billups is still good? 
He's definitely no longer at that elite level he was a couple seasons ago, but I think he could still be a serviceable starting PG in the right situation.

Dwight needs to make up his mind and $$%*.

Can anyone feel me in what's the deal with Billups? Why is he mad the Knicks let him go?

Is mayo officially a Pacer now?

& I think Paul ends up with Howard...wether it's in Orl or LA

Back
Top Bottom