☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I had a feeling the Clippers offer would go through, actually, like I said in the Lakers thread. And that would've been a huge joke if it was approved.

Lakers offer (basically, w/ Pau going to the Rockets):
- Lamar Odom (Lakers)
- Kevin Martin (Rockets)
- Luis Scola (Rockets)
- 2011 1st rd pick (Rockets)
- 2012 1st rd pick (Lakers)

Clippers offer (basically):
- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman
- 2012 1st rd pick

So if you're comparing those 2 lists, the 2012 picks cancel each other out, since they're the same exact thing. So if the Clippers trade proposal is approved, David Stern is saying that… …

- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman

… … IS BETTER THAN… …

- Lamar Odom
- Kevin Martin
- Luis Scola
- 2011 1st rd pick

Ain't no way.
laugh.gif

And like I said a couple days ago when the 2nd Laker proposal was denied:

Just sue somebody, CP3, because you are going NOWHERE, my dude. That is one HELL of a deal for the Hornets.

New York would have to offer Amare, Tyson Chandler, Spike Lee, and Mark Teixeira in order for the league to approve it.
laugh.gif

Gordon
Minnesota 1 rd pick (potential top 10 in a loaded lottery)
Kaman's EXPIRING contract
Bledsoe (small rookie contract)
Aminu (small rookie contract)

is more attractive to a perspective buyer of NO than

Odom, Martin, Scola, (older guys with 2+ years left on their contracts) and potential average first round picks.

Not even close.

Odom is technically expiring too dude, his contract is a team option next year.  So they could cut him loose or trade him just the same as Kaman, so what are we doin here? 

oh, and this too.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

You could not be more wrong about the picks cancelling each other out. It is an unprotected pick from Minnesota in the Clippers deal, which means it's going to be a very high pick in a very loaded draft. 

And with the players it's not just about talent, it's the fact that Kaman is a free agent next year and Gordon is young. Meanwhile Martin and Scola have two and four years left on their deals, respectively.
The Scola deal is bad for a 31 year old big man.
2012 - $8.5 mil
2013- $9.4
2014 -$10.2
2015 - $11

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Chris Paul will become a free agent (like he's always wanted) and he will sign with the Knicks. Melo and Stat will restructure their contract. Oh Man
laugh.gif
keep dreaming. Paul already said he doesn't want to get to new york because they don't have enough assets. 
roll.gif

So we just gonna making stuff up now ?

Demps needs to turn his attention to his own squad now.

Training camp ends in 4 days and they still don't have enough bodies to run a 5 on 5.

I had a feeling the Clippers offer would go through, actually, like I said in the Lakers thread. And that would've been a huge joke if it was approved.

- Lamar Odom (Lakers) ($17.1 million left over 2 years; 2nd season partially unguaranteed)
- Kevin Martin (Rockets) ($23.96 million left over 2 years)
- Luis Scola (Rockets) ($39.27 million left over 4 years; last season unguaranteed)
- 2012 1st rd pick (Rockets; 15th-20th)
- 2012 1st rd pick (Lakers; 25th-30th)

- Eric Bledsoe ($5.93 million over 3 years; team option for each of the last 2 seasons)
- Al-Farouq Aminu ($9.45 million over 3 years; team option for each of the last 2 seasons)
- Chris Kaman ($12.7 million expiring contract)
- 2012 1st rd pick (Minnesota; 1st-10th)
Fixed that for you. 
Every source other than ESPN has said that it's the pick or Gordon. Not to mention the Hornets' own draft pick which drastically changes in value from that 1st offer to the 2nd.

Tell me which offer looks better for a rebuilding franchise that the NBA is trying to sell ASAP.

The Magic should just ship out Jameer, Duhon, Big Baby, Turk and a pick for CP3. Something crazy like that.
Gil will sign somewhere, they will have to pick up the rest of his contract...but with Turk gone they will have some money free and maybe they could sign someone like Jamal Crawford or JR Smith.

Hypothetical situations are awesome.

I'd do anything to keep Dwight.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Why did the Wolves sign JJ Barea, you say? Pretty obvious.

The Timberwolves were one of the worst turnover teams at the guards last season.

JJ Barea doesn't turn the ball over.

I'm not a Kahn supporter, but don't they only have 2 point guards on the roster right now? So Barea only makes three.
Exactly. Do you guys not realize Dallas had three point guards last season? This is just ripping Kahn just to do it.

There are 12 players on an active roster. There are FIVE positions. What is 5x2? 10. You're going to have some spill over positions where you have three players.

Is this criticism serious right now?
laugh.gif
And this is BEFORE it's even finalized that Luke Ridnour will be on the team this season.

Rubio must be stinking it up in practice for them to sign JJ to so much money.

"First time I've ever seen him play period, on film, anything," Anthony Tolliver said. "He's actually better than I expected."

So how many "crazy" passes did Rubio deliver on Thursday?

"Every one," Tolliver said. "Every one he passes. It's crazy. His regular passes are like, 'Wow.' He can see the floor about as good as anyone I've seen. Everyone has to have their hands up because otherwise the ball is going to hit you in the face."

"He made some pretty spectacular passes," Anthony Randolph said.  "So I'm very excited to play with him. It's very contagious the way he passes the ball. It kind of makes everyone want to make the extra pass. I love playing with Ricky. Great passer."

It's Anthony Tolliver and Anthony Randolph though.

I can't help but think stern is trying to prove a point to the star players. I'm not sure what his message is though.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Gordon
Minnesota 1 rd pick (potential top 10 in a loaded lottery)
Kaman's EXPIRING contract
Bledsoe (small rookie contract)
Aminu (small rookie contract)

is more attractive to a perspective buyer of NO than

Odom, Martin, Scola, (older guys with 2+ years left on their contracts) and potential average first round picks.

Not even close.

Odom is technically expiring too dude, his contract is a team option next year.  So they could cut him loose or trade him just the same as Kaman, so what are we doin here? 

oh, and this too.

You could not be more wrong about the picks cancelling each other out. It is an unprotected pick from Minnesota in the Clippers deal, which means it's going to be a very high pick in a very loaded draft. 

And with the players it's not just about talent, it's the fact that Kaman is a free agent next year and Gordon is young. Meanwhile Martin and Scola have two and four years left on their deals, respectively.
The Scola deal is bad for a 31 year old big man.
2012 - $8.5 mil
2013- $9.4
2014 -$10.2
2015 - $11
Ah, yeah, the #1, AND Gordon, which was not an option.  So........

2 kids, an expiring, and a nice pick.  That's better a 1 year deal Odom, a 2 year deal Martin, and Scola's admittedly bad deal, plus a couple eh picks. 

We won't mention that they could Amnesty Scola next year if they wanted, making all 3 vets be gone after one year, and having a ton of cap room to start over, but hey. 
laugh.gif

That Clip deal without Gordon was nothing.  3 nobodies and that Wolves pick.  Might as well just trade the pick for Paul straight up man. 

Thought you couldn't amnesty a player after trading for them? So they'd be stuck with Scola.
Originally Posted by JPZx

It's Anthony Tolliver and Anthony Randolph though.
They're less credible than message board posters speculating, you're correct.

Touche but AR's just happy somebody is passing him the ball
laugh.gif

Wow, that contract info is
eek.gif
eek.gif
on Scola. He's my dude and all, but daaaaaamn, no wonder they're pretty much trying
to dump him
laugh.gif

Could they amnesty him, though? I thought you could only use the amnesty on players signed to your team at the start of the new CBA?

And those players from the Lakers deal being good is actually a bad thing if you're thinking big picture. Those guys will have a better season, thus worse draft pick than the Clippers deal. The point for New Orleans should be cap relief soon plus youth plus good draft picks. Minny's pick >>>> Lakers and Houston's. Kaman coming off the books next season >>>> Martin and Scola being around longer.

Of course, who knows what Stern's reasons really were. The Lakers deal is better if you want the Hornets to compete this season, but ultimately have crap long term, or you give them young players and a pick to rebuild.
Edit:

Marc Stein 

One of "changes" Dwight Howard wants is signing of Chauncey. If DH12 stays, sources say he'll urge Billups to spurn Heat and "anchor" Magic

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein 

Obviously Chauncey Billups must first clear waivers later today at 6 PM ET. Then Dwight will lobby him to choose Central FLA over South
[/url]

At this point it looks like Dwight is saying "!@%% it"... having a point guard like Jameer around Dwight has been awful, he might be realizing it too little too late, though.

Could they amnesty him, though? I thought you could only use the amnesty on players signed to your team at the start of the new CBA?

And those players from the Lakers deal being good is actually a bad thing if you're thinking big picture. Those guys will have a better season, thus worse draft pick than the Clippers deal. The point for New Orleans should be cap relief soon plus youth plus good draft picks. Minny's pick >>>> Lakers and Houston's. Kaman coming off the books next season >>>> Martin and Scola being around longer.

Of course, who knows what Stern's reasons really were. The Lakers deal is better if you want the Hornets to compete this season, but ultimately have crap long term, or you give them young players and a pick to rebuild.
The Rockets could amnesty him. Nobody else though. You can only amnesty players that were already on your roster when the CBA was signed.
@daldridgetnt
David Aldridge 
Clippers won't do Gordon and Minnesota's first; have told NO to pick one or the other. Hornets say they need both for their franchise player

Clippers aint going.

RT @memphissports Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley: no "active effort" to trade O.J. Mayo memne.ws/u9jmcf

Welp, sorry Indy. Looks like this was all coming from Indiana side anyway. 

^I'm wondering if that's Dell or Stern with that franchise player talk. Makes sense since that's another young player and a high pick.

Just watched some Dwight interviews. I am praying that he is too big of a softy to leave ORL. Lemme get in the front office for 48 hours and I will build a championship team.

StillAtIt:
23ska909red02:

- Lamar Odom (Lakers) ($17.1 million left over 2 years; 2nd season partially unguaranteed)
- Luis Scola (Rockets) ($39.27 million left over 4 years; last season unguaranteed)

- Eric Bledsoe ($5.93 million over 3 years; team option for each of the last 2 seasons)
- Al-Farouq Aminu ($9.45 million over 3 years; team option for each of the last 2 seasons)
Fixed that for you. 
Every source other than ESPN has said that it's the pick or Gordon. Not to mention the Hornets' own draft pick which drastically changes in value from that 1st offer to the 2nd.

Tell me which offer looks better for a rebuilding franchise that the NBA is trying to sell ASAP.

Well damn. Thanks, dude. That's… ummmmm… yeah, that's entirely different when painted the way you painted it.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

RT @memphissports Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley: no "active effort" to trade O.J. Mayo memne.ws/u9jmcf

Welp, sorry Indy. Looks like this was all coming from Indiana side anyway. 

I still remember around the trade deadline last season when this trade was supposed to go down. Chris Vernon was getting emotional about it
laugh.gif

StillAtIt:
23ska909red02:

Fixed that for you. 

Well damn. Thanks, dude. That's… ummmmm… yeah, that's entirely different when painted the way you painted it.

Can't tell if sarcastic or not. Not tryna be a *$%+!+$ though with the amendments. Just sayin.
In other non-CP3 related news, White Mamba back. 
smokin.gif

Nope, wasn't being sarcastic at all.
smile.gif

Definitely appreciated you detailing that further, because like I said, you definitely painted an entirely different picture of those two lists.

The problem is.....the Magic have no cap room and zero tradeable assets. So it's literally impossible for them to improve their team in the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom