☆ - 51st GRAMMY Awards - Feb 8, 2009 - 8PM ET on CBS HD - ☆

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Lyrically, it's garbage. He has horrible flow. His "deep" songs are wack, always about the same things. Weak punchlines and metaphors. He's no slick rick when it comes to story telling, that's for sure. "swag" ? I'm not a female. I could care less about that.

The features were pretty much all weak as hell. "wayne is wayne" - great. There are thousands of rappers who have their own style and make "music".

You really said better than anything that has been out all year ? C3 best album of 08 ? Seriously ?

How much hip hop have you heard man ? Turn off MTV and z100 and expand your tastes.

I'd be more than happy to help you out.
QFT I Don't agree with MidEastBeast most of the time this exactly why Carter III was so garbage Good +%+$ MidEastBeast
lol @ this yes man...think of your own argument instead of hugging on to this guy's.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

- There will be a Swagga Like Us performance including M.I.A. for those that don't know.

- Wayne will win Album Of The Year.

- Here is a list of this years performers:

• Coldplay
  • Estelle & Kanye West [American Boy]
  • The Four Tops tribute featuring original member of The Four Tops Duke Fakir, Jamie Foxx, and Ne-Yo
  • Jennifer Hudson
  • Jay-Z
  • Kid Rock
  • BB King
  • Lil Wayne & Jay Sean
  • John Mayer
  • M.I.A.
  • Katy Perry - On the January 30th episode of Chelsea Lately, Katy said she was going to descend from the ceiling during her performance.
  • Radiohead
  • Smokey Robinson
  • Robin Thicke
  • T.I.
  • Justin Timberlake
  • U2
  • Stevie Wonder
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Lyrically, it's garbage. He has horrible flow. His "deep" songs are wack, always about the same things. Weak punchlines and metaphors. He's no slick rick when it comes to story telling, that's for sure. "swag" ? I'm not a female. I could care less about that.

The features were pretty much all weak as hell. "wayne is wayne" - great. There are thousands of rappers who have their own style and make "music".

You really said better than anything that has been out all year ? C3 best album of 08 ? Seriously ?

How much hip hop have you heard man ? Turn off MTV and z100 and expand your tastes.

QFT I Don't agree with MidEastBeast most of the time this exactly why Carter III was so garbage Good +%+$ MidEastBeast
lol @ this yes man...think of your own argument instead of hugging on to this guy's.

Look @$#%# calm that @%%*@@$* down C3 was has nothing American Gangster or Untitled. Untiled was the best mainstream album of 08 damn near flawless Greatconcept with great thought process put together. Come C3 had some garbage tracks it's not even funny you had three years to come up with an album andthat's all you come up with. C3 doesn't have tracks that in five years down the road you can still them Untitled does it was great and with all the@%%*@@$* around it still was damn near flawless. Carter had about a couple tracks i like. I'm not the biggest Nas Fan but Untitled>Carter 3. By a greatmargin. Don't even come in here and say that %*%# Carter 3 was garbage compare to handful mainstream albums. It was horrible for an album that took threeyears to make. It was like he put a bunch a songs together and said this the album cause he had too

I've been listening to hip hop since I was 4-5 years old . I'm 22 now. The Carter III was a breath of fresh air compared to the trash that is out in the mainstream these days.

I don't neglect the underground or something. But this is the Grammys. Blu and Exile aren't winning Grammy's. Nothing in the mainstream was seeing The Carter III on a mainstream tip. Outside of hip hop I'd say Radiohead might've produced a better album, but as far as Hip Hop American Gangsta was okay at best, Untitled came up short, The Recession was nice but not as good as C3. What else is there really?

Deep songs were garbage? Maybe you should reevaluate how you listen to music. The last verses on Tie My Hands and Playing With Fire > Anything I've heard since Mood Muzik 2.

lol at tryin to play the "Turn off your MTV dude" card. like really? my taste is music + knowledge of theory is one of the widest on this forum.

good music is good music no matter where it comes from.
that's some real %%%%. the thing is, you can't listen to Mideastbeast because he's automatically going to hate on anything thatisn't underground. there are plenty of other unbiased dudes on this forum who will cosign everything you aresaying. i'm not saying Wayne is the GOAT or anything... but from the perspective of any objective observer, you can't deny that he made a COMPLETEhip-hop album.

he has the club songs, the chick songs, the"swagger"/braggadocio songs, the lyrical songs, the socially conscious songs, etc -- he basically coversall the bases as far as making a strong and popular album. and while no song on the album is really "the best" in that particular genre (meaning,there ARE better club songs, better chick songs, better "swagger" songs, and more lyrical and socially conscious songs out there), you can't denythat he definitely made a good attempt at a complete and well-rounded mainstream album.

i honestly think somebody must have helped him create the model for this album, because i don't think he would have been intelligent/sober enough to comeup with that himself.

FTR, C3 isn't even in my top 5 of albums last year, and its probably barely in the top 10. but i'm just being unbiased here, lil dude definitely camecorrect.

Listen man if you like lil wayne thats fine he has some good songs but to say that the Carter III was a complete classic from start to finish is justridiculous but again these are opinions so at the end of the day nobody wins....BTW album of the year imo was Seeing Sounds. that is all goodbye

Look @$#%# calm that @%%*@@$* down C3 was has nothing American Gangster or Untitled. Untiled was the best mainstream album of 08 damn near flawless Great concept with great thought process put together. Come C3 had some garbage tracks it's not even funny you had three years to come up with an album and that's all you come up with. C3 doesn't have tracks that in five years down the road you can still them Untitled does it was great and with all the @%%*@@$* around it still was damn near flawless. Carter had about a couple tracks i like. I'm not the biggest Nas Fan but Untitled>Carter 3. By a great margin. Don't even come in here and say that %*%# Carter 3 was garbage compare to handful mainstream albums. It was horrible for an album that took three years to make. It was like he put a bunch a songs together and said this the album cause he had too
u mad?
roll.gif
who are you dude? jungle or wiz

Here are a few of many, many albums that were better

Outerspace - God's Fury (My pick for best album)
Reks - Grey Hairs
King Syze - Labor Union
King Magnetic - Everything's a Gamble
Ill Bill - Hour of Reprisal
Immortal Technique - 3rd World
Scarface - Emeritus
GZA - Pro-Tools
JMT - History of Violence
Killah Priest & Chief Kamachi - Beautiful Minds
Reef The Lost Cauze - A Vicious Cycle
Vordul Mega - Megagraphitti
The Roots - Rising Down
Nas - Untitled
P Prothers - The Gas
Killah Priest - Behind The Stained Glass
Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That %#$$ Gold
Kool G Rap - Half a Klip
EPMD - We Mean Business
KRS One - Maximum Strength
Prodigy - HNIC 2
Prodigy - Product of the 80's
Killer Mike - I Pledge Allegiance To the Grind II
Black Milk - Tronic
Little Brother - And Justus For All
The Game - LAX
Fat Joe - Elephant in The Room
Clipse presents - Re-Up Gang
Snowgoons - Black Snow
LCOB - The Appendices: The Scroll of Lost Tales

..... That's 30 right there.

I'm gonna say that everything out side of Got Money and Lollipop are better then anything that has been out all year. I can't even comprehend the hate for Wayne its unreal. If you are a fan of hip hop you should dig The Carter III.

If you like punches? He's got punches and metaphors.

You like Slick Rick? Dude has stories and concepts.

You like Jay? Dudes got flow/swag.

You like Deep !!@$? He's got deep !!@$.

You like Social issues? Dude's got that.

You like features? Dude has Jay, Busta, Fab, Juelz and Robin Thicke.

Most importantly Wayne is himself. That's what is missing in Hip Hop these days. Everyone is a clone of the next man. Everyone was trying to be Jay or Mase at on point. Then everyone was trying to mimic that southern sound. Wayne makes Wayne music.

Try to articulate to me why The Carter III sucks outside of "Yo thats trash." It just sounds like you can't grasp the album.
Wayne makes Wayne music? Is this the same guy that started using autotune once it got hot, walks around with a guitar he doesn't know how toplay and reps Bloods 24/7 but recently admitted he doesn't know much about them?
The album really isn't what you're making it out to be.
laugh.gif
Its not even Wayne's best, so I find it hard to believe it was last years greatesteffort. Granted, some of his lyrics were nice, but a lot of $+#+ was watered down. He's at a point in his career that he can get away with anything andpeople will praise it. For example:

"Got paper like a fax machine, asaneen Damn I mean asinine,
I'm dapper don And after mine there will be nine, damn I mean there will be none
I will be one, of the greatest things you've ever felt, you've ever seen
Or heard, Car-ter, hov-er, y'all scared, not me
Not I, call me young Popeye
Tell Bruno I'm a noo-no, I bring ral to your fune
Damn I mean funeral, funeral You say tomato, I say tomato
You say get 'em, I say got 'em, yeah I got 'em"

smh.gif
Wayne's better than that, you and I both know it. This is the Wayne I was expecting...

Code:
"And I'm a startYea, and I don't have to go to Hollywood'Cause Hollywood come through my neighborhood with cameras onI really think they're stealin from us like a sample songI really wish one day we'd take it back like Hammer's homeThe hurricane come and took my Louisiana homeAnd all I got in return was a darn country songThis whole country wrongWhat would you write if you just put a little ice onAnd cut your mic onBut you don't even write songsBut Hollywood make you spit like a pythonI meant Cobra, I'm so not soberI'm high like a Hollywood coffee or sodaYou can call me a rollerYour grill's glistenin'Spent a hundred thousand on mine to feel differentWhat's the real sense of it?Bling bling, I knowAnd did you know I'm the creator of the termI just straightened the permAint let it sit too long, they just makin it burnAnd make a movie of our lifestyleBut they earn like a dead body burned on a mantlepieceThat's why I try not to lie on wax like this candle greaseAnd I be's the little #*%@%Cooler than anti-freeze defrost on your window pane - Lil WayneBut in Hollywood it's Litt-le WayneDon't make me nutSo that's why I got a pre-nupI do"
Also, "Lollipop" is living proof that he'll get praised regardless of his effort.. Easily Wayne's worst first single, but that $+#+ wasall over the place. 'Ms Officer' and 'Phone Home' were corny as hell too. Just my opinion of course, but Tha Carter III is far from Hip Hopsfinest in 08.

visual - I can respect your opinion. The Carter III isn't Wayne's best work by far but you're taking half a verse out of context. Thats BillO'Reilly tactics. To deny the completeness of that album is being ignorant.

MidEast - I almost respected your opinion but that listen is awful outside of Atmosphere and Gza.

Wayne deserves to win. Cmon, someone said Fat Joe's last album was better then the Carter III?? I'm not a big Weezy fan, his recent stuff is either hitor really miss. Lolipop and Got Money to everyone on here is wack but guess what, it's what blew Weezy up even more. Eminem has the Real Slim Shady andWithout Me. To me, Eminem is one of the best rappers alive and I prefer his underground stuff but I can appreciate the fact that he trys to make music foreveryone. Weezy is still making songs for the street, the ladies, the clubs and now, the rockers. Like Kanye, I appreciate them trying to change music and takeit in a different direction then the norm cus right now, the norm sucks!! The Carter III had songs for everyone. It deserves to win album of the year, eventhough I dont think it is, it sure did have the biggest impact.

"but that listen is awful outside of Atmosphere and Gza."

I'm out.

C3 isn't even top 50 for '08.

No more need to discuss this. Just stop fronting. If you have even heard most of the list (I highly doubt it) you are straight lying to yourself.

To deny the completeness of that album is being ignorant.
I'm not going to sit here and go from track to track, you know?
laugh.gif
I just can'tput the album in a high pedestal as you're doing. Regardless of the hype/hate he was receiving, I was extremely hyped for his album. 'Lollipop'disappointed and so did the album. It was nice, but not what I was expecting. He's just not trying as hard as he use to. Sucks cause I was a big fan beforethis album. Is he still talented? Of course. He uses it whenever he feels like it. Hopefully on his next album, he'll drop the autotune and give mesomething much more worthy.

No hate though, just my honest opinion. Dude came a long way from Cash Money days. He's found hisown [rap] style and regardless of whether I like it or not, he has the public eating out of the palm of his hands..no matter how awkward he might look in thespotlight. All these little gimmicks like 'Greatest Rapper Alive' bs, helped him achieve today's success. I'm happy dude is where he's atin his career, I just wish he'd put out more quality music.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

Wayne deserves to win. Cmon, someone said Fat Joe's last album was better then the Carter III?? I'm not a big Weezy fan, his recent stuff is either hit or really miss. Lolipop and Got Money to everyone on here is wack but guess what, it's what blew Weezy up even more. Eminem has the Real Slim Shady and Without Me. To me, Eminem is one of the best rappers alive and I prefer his underground stuff but I can appreciate the fact that he trys to make music for everyone. Weezy is still making songs for the street, the ladies, the clubs and now, the rockers. Like Kanye, I appreciate them trying to change music and take it in a different direction then the norm cus right now, the norm sucks!! The Carter III had songs for everyone. It deserves to win album of the year, even though I dont think it is, it sure did have the biggest impact.
I Can some what agree but lil wayne's music has been so garbage lately everyone knows that. But more deserving the Untitled i don't thinkso and plus it took three years. I mean could have made a bunch of wack tracks in three years and i called it Album. I only tracks worth mentioning are Mr.Carter, Playin With Fire, Shoot Me Down and Misunderstood. You call that album of the year come on guys

Wayne deserves to win. Cmon, someone said Fat Joe's last album was better then the Carter III?? I'm not a big Weezy fan, his recent stuff is either hit or really miss. Lolipop and Got Money to everyone on here is wack but guess what, it's what blew Weezy up even more. Eminem has the Real Slim Shady and Without Me. To me, Eminem is one of the best rappers alive and I prefer his underground stuff but I can appreciate the fact that he trys to make music for everyone. Weezy is still making songs for the street, the ladies, the clubs and now, the rockers. Like Kanye, I appreciate them trying to change music and take it in a different direction then the norm cus right now, the norm sucks!! The Carter III had songs for everyone. It deserves to win album of the year, even though I dont think it is, it sure did have the biggest impact.
So you don't think TCIII is album of the year, but you think it deserves to win? Whenyou say 'impact', what are you talking about specifically? Album sales? Come on now, this is a music award. This is why I haven't watched theGrammys in years, and I don't plan on watching it this year. They pick their nominees off of sales and popularity, not quality music. You really thinkSoulja Boy deserved that nomination last year? Get real.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

So you don't think TCIII is album of the year, but you think it deserves to win? When you say 'impact', what are you talking about specifically? Album sales? Come on now, this is a music award. This is why I haven't watched the Grammys in years, and I don't plan on watching it this year. They pick their nominees off of sales and popularity, not quality music. You really think Soulja Boy deserved that nomination last year? Get real.

QFT

LOL, I want Wayne to win just so I can watch some of yall throw a temper tantrum.

Dudes are naming albums they know will NEVER get nominated for a Grammy so what is the point in crying over something you know won't change? A lot ofthose dudes don't even get 1,000 downloads on the internet, so how you expect them to get nominated for music's biggest award?

Here are a few of many, many albums that were better

Outerspace - God's Fury (My pick for best album)
Reks - Grey Hairs
King Syze - Labor Union
King Magnetic - Everything's a Gamble
Ill Bill - Hour of Reprisal
Immortal Technique - 3rd World
Scarface - Emeritus
GZA - Pro-Tools
JMT - History of Violence
Killah Priest & Chief Kamachi - Beautiful Minds
Reef The Lost Cauze - A Vicious Cycle
Vordul Mega - Megagraphitti
The Roots - Rising Down
Nas - Untitled
P Prothers - The Gas
Killah Priest - Behind The Stained Glass
Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That %#$$ Gold
Kool G Rap - Half a Klip
EPMD - We Mean Business
KRS One - Maximum Strength
Prodigy - HNIC 2
Prodigy - Product of the 80's
Killer Mike - I Pledge Allegiance To the Grind II
Black Milk - Tronic
Little Brother - And Justus For All
The Game - LAX
Fat Joe - Elephant in The Room
Clipse presents - Re-Up Gang
Snowgoons - Black Snow
LCOB - The Appendices: The Scroll of Lost Tales

..... That's 30 right there.
add Q-Tip - The Renaissance and you're good

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Im telling yall N.E.R.D.- seeing sounds was better than anything I heard this whole year
I concur. I LOVE this album. It might be their best effort.

record of the year/song of the year/best vocal performance - chasing pavement by adele
best new artist - adele
best solo rock performance - gravity by john mayer from where the light is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

best long form music video - where the light is by john mayer

Back
Top Bottom