∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Hell nah this finale was disappointing as was the mystery

All this death and destruction over a crazy white woman who wanted someone else child

Dissapointing

And no justice for will either

The horror movie incidental music they kept using in this final episode really bothered me

I'm satisfied with the story's resolution, but the quality of the episode was lacking

I posted about it because I never saw them before. When in the season did they say Hank was a cop?

edit: I must have missed where they referenced to him being a cop. my bad

It wasn't just referenced in conversation, although it was repeatedly, he wore a badge and they visit him at the precinct once or twice during the season :lol:

Nic on IG said that "he did not remember it was her. A flicker of vague knowing passed him by, but he didn't remember. Very likely that one day Henry will figure it out." I still like to believe the Hays did just not want to bring it up, but I did get it that the son will pick up the pieces after he kept the address.

**** the finale.

Finally finding her, why wouldn't he write down more than the address? Why not go with Roland?

How come Hoyt's house was never searched? That's weird they had all those clues and never checked.

Great season and to see it end that way was weak as ****.

Roland was real cool, I didn't like him at first but as it went on, he was cool.

I seen her on the screen and said oh my, this ***** badder than her mom.

It wasn't just referenced in conversation, although it was repeatedly, he wore a badge and they visit him at the precinct once or twice during the season :lol:
Indeed.
47163008482_8a5dc4dd4f_o.jpg

After sitting with the finale i am satisfied. And knowing that some of the things like "how did Amelia die" were cut because of timing. They did enough for me. I can't think of how i wanted it to end. I think if they did the giant pedo-ring angle it would have been super extra. So I am cool with how it ended. I still consider season 1 the GOAT but this was solid. The acting throughout was top notch. I loved the relationship between Hays and Roland.

And i think the "finding yourself" theme is kind of what they were going for even though i think that could have been directly spoken too a little more

The horror movie incidental music they kept using in this final episode really bothered me

I'm satisfied with the story's resolution, but the quality of the episode was lacking
i agree. they kept using this music to make it seem like something crazy is going to happen or something really bad happened but it was neither
whole bunch of nothing happened imo

the guy with the one eye was a huge letdown

i also expected to get a more in depth scene of julie
this huge mystery about julie and what happened and we don't even get to hear her speak on it at all. we actually get no depth of julie's character at all
it all gets laid out by the cyclops.

the more i go in to this episode the more it seems the finale was lazy

It's kind of mind boggling that HBO didn't give them 90 minutes to include the scenes that Pizza Lotto has said didn't make the cut.

Watched the finale again last night. Enjoyed.

So what exactly did the dad see when he went in the pink room and said "Julie?" and Harris crept up behind him? What happened after that? The fake suicide?

So what exactly did the dad see when he went in the pink room and said "Julie?" and Harris crept up behind him? What happened after that? The fake suicide?

Pretty sure Harris killed him and faked the suicide note.. but we don't know what he saw to clue him in, drawings on the wall?

Seems like it gotta be more

Problem with this season and the show runner, is same shh with lost.. if you're going make a big deal about details, then you can't just drop shh that is seemingly important.. like ole girl doing the investigation, she seemed pretty invested

Pretty sure Harris killed him and faked the suicide note.. but we don't know what he saw to clue him in, drawings on the wall?

Seems like it gotta be more
I don't know if it really has to be more than that. Him seeing where his daughter has presumably been living for the last 10 years would be pretty shocking.

I don't know if it really has to be more than that. Him seeing where his daughter has presumably been living for the last 10 years would be pretty shocking.

But how does he know his daughter has been living there

He doesn't walk in and see his daughter.. the question is, what did he see in the room to give it away that it was his daughter for sure living there

We get why Harris did what he did, because he was already down the rabbit hole of covering sh up

But how does he know his daughter has been living there

He doesn't walk in and see his daughter.. the question is, what did he see in the room to give it away that it was his daughter for sure living there

We get why Harris did what he did, because he was already down the rabbit hole of covering sh up
I don't think it's farfetched to think the drawing style was similar to his daughter's. And then seeing the drawing of her, Junius, and "the mom" was probably pretty shocking.

As was mentioned on the ringer's recap, we're expected to believe the little kid somehow recognizes her all them years later.. so the dad recognizes drawings I guess could be what they're selling us

Also that her prints only show up in the grocery store once in that town

You guys have to look at the season as a whole...Your watching it as if the case was the focus...Case was secondary...The focus of the season is how messed up people make others in their lives messed up, and ultimately overcome that mess to live better lives...

How should it have ended? With 80+ year olds having a shootout in a house filled with kids who’d been abducted by the same pedo ring from season 1?

The problem with True Detective is that people dream up these crazy theories and feel let down when they don’t happen...

Back
Top Bottom