⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the general sense, city has had relatively 'easy' draw's. Group and R16's.

I think that was what he was getting at.
But even still that’s not correct. The last two years we have had two easy draws in the early round he’s and advanced in but then ran into tough teams in Monaco and Liverpool. In all the years before that we had been in groups with the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona, Real, BVB multiple times and have meet Bayern, Barca, Real, PSG, Monaco and Liverpool recently in the knockouts round of 16 and quarters. So out of all those draws we have only had two “easy” draws Shalke and Basel last year in the first round. And kyiv that one time just remembered

Last edited:
Na, Juve and Barça should not be meeting next round.

They’re the two best teams, you can wait..

Neutrals should want them playing in the Semi’s or the Finals.

Na, Juve and Barça should not be meeting next round.

They’re the two best teams, you can wait..

Neutrals should want them playing in the Semi’s or the Finals.

Not if you're tryna have one of them taken out before the semi's...

Wouldn't be mad at all to get a Messi - Ron matchup next round

But even still that’s not correct. The last two years we have had two easy draws that we advanced in but then ran into tough teams in Monaco and Liverpool. In all the years before that we had been in groups with the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona, Real, BVB multiple times and have meet Bayern, Barca, Real, PSG, Monaco and Liverpool recently in the knockouts round of 16 and quarters. So out of all those draws we have only had two “easy” draws Shalke and Basel last year in the first round.

I’m not trying to hear that **** that Monaco was a tough or even draw when City’s payroll was hundreds of millions of dollars compared to Monaco’s peanuts....

I’m not hearing that, especially with your owners. Y’all still should have beat Monaco. No excuses.

I don’t want these excuses from City or PSG fans, ever. You get violins coming over here.

We only lost on away goals it was 5-5 or something like that. That Monaco lineup in retrospect tho Lemar, Mbappe, El Tigre, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, Bakoyako, Mendy :sick:

But nah, we still dont get easy draws. We had Sevilla, Juventus and Monchengladbech in our group the year we took out PSG, and lost 1-0 to Real Madrid in the semis. Theres not enough times me and Armada will reiterate us getting shafted by UEFA with Pellegrini and Mancini.

Not if you're tryna have one of them taken out before the semi's...

Wouldn't be mad at all to get a Messi - Ron matchup next round

Well yea, you’re obviously not a Neutral in this situation. You have a game plan. :lol:

I’m talking about neutrals, they should want to wait for the Juve vs Barça matchup, until the Semis at least.

I’m not trying to hear that **** that Monaco was a tough or even draw when City’s payroll was hundreds of millions of dollars compared to Monaco’s peanuts....

I’m not hearing that, especially with your owners. Y’all still should have beat Monaco. No excuses.

I don’t want these excuses from City or PSG fans, ever. You get violins coming over here.
It’s not excuses it just is what it is. I mean you can say all that but the game is still has to be played ok the pitch and I don’t think anyone would call that Monaco side with the Mbappe, Bernardo, Fabinho, Mendy, falcao, Lemar etc an easy draw in retrospect because they clearly were not.

We only lost on away goals it was 5-5 or something like that. That Monaco lineup in retrospect tho Lemar, Mbappe, El Tigre, Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, Bakoyako, Mendy :sick:

But nah, we still dont get easy draws. We had Sevilla, Juventus and Monchengladbech in our group the year we took out PSG, and lost 1-0 to Real Madrid in the semis. Theres not enough times me and Armada will reiterate us getting shafted by UEFA with Pellegrini and Mancini.
I wouldn’t even say shafted it just is what it is when it comes to the luck of the draw. I just think it’s funny we draw Get 2 easy draws in the round of 16 and now it’s we always get easy draws as if it invalidates all the other years and countless draws prior which were objectively not easy draws in the round of 16 and quarters

Okay Armada Armada and nomadicsole21 nomadicsole21 I love y’all but regardless I disagree with you guys.....

I’ll say this tho, City better win the CL this year. RM are gone, Barca and Juve are still not the betting favorites.

Gotta win this year, the amount of money y’all forked up, this is Pep’s third year. No excuses for this year, agreed?

**** for all we know City might not be in the Champions League for the next couple years if UEFA start looking into the books :lol:

Okay Armada Armada and nomadicsole21 nomadicsole21 I love y’all but regardless I disagree with you guys.....

I’ll say this tho, City better win the CL this year. RM are gone, Barca and Juve are still not the betting favorites.

Gotta win this year, the amount of money y’all forked up, this is Pep’s third year. No excuses for this year, agreed?

**** for all we know City might not be in the Champions League for the next couple years if UEFA start looking into the books :lol:

You do realize Liverpool is still in the competition, right? Barcelona and Juventus aren't the only clubs City has to worry about.

You do realize Liverpool is still in the competition, right? Barcelona and Juventus aren't the only clubs City has to worry about.

Fine....... LIVERPOOL TOOOO

You happy?

Sorry I didn’t consider Liverpool and stopped taking y’all seriously since you blew your lead and started folding in the EPL.

Last edited:

Personally I’ll never say gotta win or must win or better win cause I can’t predict what can happen and there’s still other great competion in it including competion that has had history winning it and making it to the final which we haven’t. I don’t see that as excuse casue that’s just the reality of cup competitions. Unpredictable and great competion would be arrogant of me to say we gotta win or must win or better win. And betting favorites don’t mean **** to me personally :lol: cause that’s just betting companies trying to make money. No way should city be considered favorites over Barcelona and Juventus. Hell when Liverpool who is an wxtrmeely tough matchup for us. And while we drew at Anfield this year the past two decades we’ve had a terrible record there I wouldn’t consider us favorites in a draw against them off of that. I’d call that one 50/50 based off the fixtures and way we played them this season.

Only thing we better do in my eyes is compete to the best of our ability on the pitch and if we get eliminated not go out like some timid dorks (like how we got knocked out in the semis against Real that year)

Would love to see United vs Spurs. Get one of them out the paint already.

Although, that high-key moment that all English clubs advanced to the quarters :nerd:

I agree to disagree :lol: No excuses at all. Anything less than us lifting the trophy will be a disappointment.

In a one match Finals where both teams need to score I have confidence we can win against anyone. When it comes to these 2 legged draws I still like to look at matchups. We will have trouble with defensive tactics with Poch and Allegri and Barca and Liverpool can press and create chance after chance. Cant wait for the draws tho, it's that deep into the competition where you cant walk over anyone anymore.

Personally I’ll never say gotta win or must win or better win cause I can’t predict what can happen and there’s still other great competion in it including competion that has had history winning it and making it to the final which we haven’t. I don’t see that as excuse casue that’s just the reality of cup competitions. Unpredictable and great competion would be arrogant of me to say we gotta win or must win or better win. And betting favorites don’t mean **** to me personally :lol: cause that’s just betting companies trying to make money. No way should city be considered favorites over Barcelona and Juventus. Hell when Liverpool who is an wxtrmeely tough matchup for us. And while we drew at Anfield this year the past two decades we’ve had a terrible record there I wouldn’t consider us favorites in a draw against them off of that. I’d call that one 50/50 based off the fixtures and way we played them this season.

Only thing we better do in my eyes is compete to the best of our ability on the pitch and if we get eliminated not go out like some timid dorks (like how we got knocked out in the semis against Real that year)

Okay, but I don’t think City’s owners (PSG’s owners either) live in the nuanced world of football thinking that you do. I think City’s owners obviously live in the “I want this now, I’m tired of losing, here’s the money, now give me my trophy” type of world... :lol:

Maybe you should own the club, it’d be less pressure for City players and the front office. :lol:

giphy-2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom